♥ Min: Surprised ♥

Lady Love

♥ Min ♥

 

It's the first time Ai and Joon come together to my brother's florist shop.

The Lady Love is busy with her phone while Joon mumbles something about how aggresive the people who visited Ai's cafe to me. Unfortunately, I'm not really listening to Joon at the moment.

My eyes are fixed on Ai.

There are just too many things happened in a night yesterday. Ai revealed that Joon is her fiancee and she still harbors feeling for someone else, and then I was drunk in front of her, I saw her notes about me and how my heart aches upon the fact that I keep denying.

And how fragile she was yesterday.

I never saw her like that before. Ai definitely had a nervous breakdown yesterday for a reason that I still don't know yet.

As if the night is not surprising enough, I give away the truth of my feeling towards Ai to Joon. It must be quite offensive to him in a way.

Yet I do care about him.

Joon is a very good cousin and a kind-hearted person. I introduced him to Ai for that simple reason. He deserves to be happy.

Being as objective as I can, I don't want to judge him for falling in love too fast, from changing his heart to Ai in count of days. I want Joon to have his chance to understand himself better.

He is lost in understanding what he really wants.

At the same, I'm starting to lose myself in thought just by looking at Ai.

It will be a big lie if I tell everyone that she is not special for me. I was curious of why she helped strangers, I was happy to learn new lessons from her, I was glad that she could trust me.

Then, I don't know when, I started missing her when she's not around. I remember her habits and treat her the best way I can. I like to see her smile.

She does everything to make others happy but when will she be happy with her love?

"Got it!" Ai exclaims, tapping her fingers on the table. She stands up quickly and notices how surprised we are with her sudden movement. "I know how she did it. I know how those people get my address."

"She?" Joon frowns. "You... Do you know who did it, Ai?"

She gives us a nod, starting to look unsure, "It's just I don't now why she did it... It's just... It doesn't make sense. It's been three months since the last time we kept in touch."

I straighten my body and look at her, "Is she one of your clients?"

The fact that she doesn't answer my question assures me even more. Therefore I continue guessing, "I know her, don't I?"

This time Ai avoids my gaze. She takes her phone, excusing herself. "There's something I must do. Thank you for the tea."

"A-A-Ai!" Joon shifts his chair and follows her right away, leaving the florist shop. I stay still, pondering if I need to follow them.

The idea vanishes to nowhere when my sister-in-law knocks the door, "Oh, they left already? I thought you have a gathering or something to do."

I smile politely and ask what she means with 'gathering'. Her answer is unexpected, "There is another friend of yours waiting."

My feet immediately move faster to the front door and my eyes widen upon the guest.

"Good morning," he greets me, bowing slightly with his hand holding a bouquet of red roses. "I haven't introduced myself properly to you, have I, Lee Minhyuk?"

He actually knows my name.

"My name is Lee Byunghun. You can call me Joe, like how Ai call me. I met her when we're studying at Le Cordon Bleu," he puts back the bouquet carefully. "And, as you expect, we were in a relationship. A really good one, I believe."

A smile stays still on my face but I actually feel pressured. He has such charisma of confidence as if he is declaring a war statement.

Calm down, Lee Minhyuk. Why do you even feel pressured by a person you barely know?

"What brings you to this little florist shop?" I ask with friendly tone. "I bet it's not just for the introduction."

He laughs, covering his mouth slightly with the back of his hand, "I saw Ai just left with your cousin. Aren't you going to follow them?"

"If there is anything you want to ask me, I'm open for all topics," I study his face. "If you are the one who wants to follow Ai, you can go ahead."

Byunghun shakes his head, "It's not me who needs to ask. It's you who needs to give me questions."


♥ ♥ ♥


I look at the bright sky with right hand on the glass. My focus turns to the door when I hear a jingle, a sign of new guest.

She wears a white dress and pink heels, holding a small bag. Her eyes scan the room before she sees me waving at her. Her lips form a curve as she fastens her pace to me.

"Minhyuk Oppa! It's been a while!" she utters with excitement. "Ah, I'm so surprised when you asked me to have coffee with you!"

I give her a sign to sit, allowing her to order the beverage she wants. Once the waiter walks to place the order, she starts to express her joy, "You still look as good as before, Oppa. It's been... Four months? Three months?"

"Five months," I reply calmly, threading the words I want to say in mind. "How are you doing? You look... quite different from before."

She giggles and I tell myself not to furrow my brow upon her gesture. She used to be a tomboy student, excelling at basketball and volley. Now she looks so different that I'm not sure if she's the person I want to meet.

"I work as a social media marketing now so, you know, I should care more about everything," she explains, taking her phone out from the bag. "You have no idea how excited I was when I saw your name on my phone screen!"

There. She gives me the right timing to start.

"My name?" my eyes pierce hers. "I don't remember I ever gave you my phone number."

Her smile disappears as she startles, "W-W-What are... Ah, Oppa, you forget! Ah, really. It's a long time ago! Of course you don't remember."

"I lost my phone four months ago," I take a sip of my coffee but my eyes still stay on her face. "I changed my number afterwards."

Silence.

So Byunghun is right. I'm not sure why he told me everything but if it's all true...

"I don't remember you being so interested with making up stories," I tap my fingers on table. "I'm going to tell you what I have heard from somebody. I believe you're going to do the same later."

The excitement in her eyes have lost to nowhere. There is a slight hint of fear when she retorts, "I didn't do something bad, Oppa."

"I didn't say you did," I unlock my phone and open the mobile browser, displaying the forum page Byunghun told me an hour ago. I slide the phone to her, "Is it really you?"

She gives a quick glance before looking away. I heave a sigh before taking it back, "I know you have your reason. That's why I want to meet you. Let's talk."

My phone vibrates, showing a new notification.

From Joon.

I take a deep breath and return my focus to the girl in front of me.

"Ryu Hwayoung, why did you reveal Lady Love's real identity?"

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
 

Author's Note:
 
Last updated 24 November 2013.
It's 26 December 2016 today.

3 years have passed and I haven't finished this story yet. I'm terribly sorry for taking such a long hiatus.

Lady Love's story is back for you to enjoy.
Thank you for reading!

What do you think about this story up till now? Do you remember who Hwayoung is?

Feel free to drop comments or mention me @AFFkyuri91 at Twitter. :)