♥ Joon: The Innocent One ♥

Lady Love
♥ Joon ♥
 
The moment I saw the movie poster, I knew I shouldn't watch it. It's obvious that I would go to watch a horror movie and, assuming from the amount of people who enter the movie theater, I guess this movie is good... in scaring people.
 
I couldn't believe I actually agreed to watch it. I have no idea why Ai asked me all of a sudden to watch a movie with her. She doesn't tell me the reason, telling me to just enjoy the day.
 
Glancing at the girl who sits right next to me, I try to avoid watching the scene. The female protagonist just entered a creepy house with only a flashlight by herself.
 
As one who dislikes horror movies, I have a feeling the scary part will happen anytime. I have been using popcorn box to hide my sight but the noise keep coming, sending me chill when people scream.
 
Ai doesn't show any signs that she is scared with horror stuff. She looks extremely calm and so does my cousin. This couple surely enjoys this movie compared to me.
 
"W-What is this?" I hear the character in movie whispers, almost inaudible. I close my eyes, tightening my grip on the popcorn box. "What- No! No!"
 
Though I have managed to keep myself calm enough, I completely forget that the woman who sits on my left side is quite annoying. She comes with two of her other girl friends and three of them scream like crazy whenever scary scenes happen.
 
This one is not an exception.
 
"No! No! Behind you!" the woman mutters to no one. Expressing herself too much, she ends up hitting my arm when the ghost appears. "AH! The crazy ghost!"
 
Due to the surprise because of the hit, I end up shriek and flinch, causing the popcorn to fly here and there. Not only that, I also cause the iced lemon tea that Ai is holding to drop.
 
"Huah!" I quickly stand up, gaining complaints from the people who sit behind me, telling me to sit down because they want to watch the movie. "A-A-Ai! I-I'm sorry! I-"
 
"It's okay," she cuts my apology as she brushes off the popcorn from her lap. "I'll go to the restroom. I'll be right back."
 
Ai takes her handbag and excuses herself. She leaves the movie theater and, one minute later, Minhyuk follows her. There is no way I will stay here alone so I walk out from the theater as well.
 
I find Minhyuk standing outside of the female restroom, leaning his back against the wall. He tucks his hands inside of the pockets.
 
"Minhyuk," I approach him with anxiety. "What should I do? What should I do? Ai must be really mad at me! I'm not good with horror movie! What should I do?!"
 
"Easy, Hyung, easy," Minhyuk chuckles. "Ai said it's okay, didn't she? Then you don't need to worry."
 
I am amazed somehow with their relationship. They actually make a perfect couple, if I must say. Minhyuk was really popular during college days, or so what I heard. With the Love Lady who notes important points in love life, aren't they perfect together?
 
Of course Ai will not agree to continue our engagement, considering Minhyuk as her boyfriend, right?
 
"Why are you two outside?" Ai steps out from the restroom and I just notice that her skirt is spoiled with the iced lemon tea. "Has the movie ended?"
 
I gasp in shock. I quickly bow in ninety degrees, apologizing for the mess, "I'm so sorry, Ai! Aish, your skirt! What should I do? What should I do?"
 
"It's alright," Ai repeats calmly, heaving a sigh at my panic reaction. "Do you... Are you happened to dislike horror movies?"
 
Instead of scolding me, she actually shows concern in her question. I nod slightly and she takes out the small notebook from her bag and writes something on it; my clumsy mistake, I bet.
 
"Let's go back," Minhyuk suggest, patting Ai's head with gentle smile. "You need to change anyway. We can continue the conversation at your place."
 
I facepalm myself, cursing under my breath for being a fool. What is Ai trying to tell me with this all date-like stuff? How could she help me to get together with Miyoung through this?
 
The movie theater is quite close to Ai's cafe. Minhyuk is the one who keeps up with conversation, asking about the movie, about what kind of lunch we should have, and so on.
 
Once we arrive, Ai tells Minhyuk and I to sit down while she changes her clothes. No one is inside since she has put the 'closed' sign on the door.
 
"You shouldn't look like that, Hyung," Minhyuk props his chin on palm, looking at me directly. "Ai is not mad at you. Some made worse mistakes, you know."
 
I frown, "Like what?"
 
"Like accidentally made her trip down on stairs or almost caused her kitchen to burn. One even made her disable to catch up her plane to meet her parents," Minhyuk tells. "Yours is not even considered as a mistake."
 
What? She went through those kind of stuffs Minhyuk told me? What for?
 
"I'm sorry."
 
Ai takes a seat and puts two plates with one slice of black forest cake on each, "I'm not supposed to ask you to watch it if I know you hate horror movies."
 
"However," she shows me the little notebook, "Lesson number eight, always show that you're reliable. It's one point so she will believe that you can protect her."
 
I drop my gaze, feeling ashamed that she keeps pointing out my mistakes. How can I make Miyoung returns my feeling then? Is Ai trying to tell me to follow her 'lessons'?
 
"I should give up, shouldn't I?" I mumble, playing with the small fork without any intention to eat the cake. "I could never make it..."
 
Ai gives me the answer which stabs me somehow, "If you believe so, then so be it."
 
"Even if I believe you can do it, if you never have faith in yourself, it won't do, Lee Joon," Ai speaks out her thought. "Falling in love is happiness. Giving up is not a choice if you want to be happy in love."
 
But I keep making mistakes. I tell myself. I'm nothing near to perfect like Minhyuk. I'm clumsy, foolish, and everything but perfect.
 
"Oh, you put two cherries on Joon Hyung's cake," Minhyuk suddenly talks about something irrelevant. He's right; there are two cherries on mine but Minhyuk only has one.
 
"That's a special one," Ai's retorts. "You always put on the ultimate lesson I always keep even before I told you. So I think you deserve a special menu."
 
I frown, still don't understand what she is trying to say, "Ultimate lesson?"
 
For the very first time since I met my so-called fiancee, my heart skips a beat when her lips turn into a curve. I just notice that she has dimples and it makes her look... adorable.
 
"To be yourself. As innocent as you really are. It's the most important thing you always need to remember," Ai doesn't wipe off her smile. "No matter who you love, remember that they must love you as yourself, not as someone they want you to be."
 
It feels like something is dancing inside of me. Heat creeps to my cheeks as I stammer, "C-C-Cake! Let's eat!"
 
What is this feeling? It feels different from looking at Miyoung's smile. It feels...
 
"So...," Ai clasps her hands, "...we still have another schedule tomorrow."
 
Eh?
 
"You're not scared with height, are you?" Ai asks me.
 
Height?
 
Where are we going tomorrow?