♥ Ai: Future ♥

Lady Love
♥ Ai ♥
 
The sky is clear and I arrive ten minutes before the appointment. Checking my phone, there is no new text message nor phone call so I just stand still, waiting for Joon to come.
 
To make up for yesterday's lesson time in the cinema, which is pretty much screwed, I have bought two tickets to an amusement park. Thanks to one of my requesters who works here so she helped me with the tickets.
 
Based on survey, amusement park is one place where couple love to spend their date together. Bringing Joon here is to test his treatment towards Miyoung when they're together.
 
Though in number my requesters are mostly women, it doesn't make me to treat men differently. In fact it's somehow easier to give them remarkable points since they listen to my opinion as a girl.
 
I learned a lot from guys as well so I could try to understand the way men actually think. It's fun to learn how different a girl and a guy could possibly react upon one same problem.
 
For example, when a girl is mad and walks away, telling the guy to leave her alone, a guy should follow her. Even if she will tell him to go away, the guy should try at least once.
 
For guy, it is a warning but, from a girl's perspective, she is seeking for care and attention throught denial. That's how complicated a girl could be and how simple-minded a guy is.
 
Nothing is wrong with two very different perspectives. All we need is just to understand and accept differences and make our best through them.
 
"Huah!" a loud voice causes me to turn and looks at the man who just arrived, catching his breath desperately. "I-I'm sorry! Am I late? Sorry for taking too long!"
 
"It's alright," I smile to assure him that I'm not mad. "You're right on time, Joon. What's in your hand?"
 
Joon grins and hands over a can of apple juice to me, "Thanks for the apple strudel yesterday. You don't mind with apple juice, right?"
 
I blink for several times, trying to hold my laughter upon his innocent action. His face shows confusion when I chuckle at him.
 
"No, I don't mind," I take the can from him and open it right away to take a sip of the juice. "It's my favorite actually. Well, the amusement park is opened already. Let's go."
 
We walk pass the welcome gate and I look around, looking at the visitors who have their own destinations. I look at Joon and ask him, "Now... Imagine that I'm Miyoung and we're on date. What will you do now?"
 
Joon frowns as if he is thinking really hard, "Err... Ah! I should ask her if she wants to go somewhere first!"
 
"And if I say it's up to you?" I raise my eyebrow, demanding an answer as I take another sip of the apple juice.
 
"Err..," he scratches his right cheek with fingers nervously. "Maybe... I don't know. Let her decide?"
 
I heave a sigh, can't help but to think how innocent Lee Joon is. I repeat my number eight lesson, that he needs to show that he is reliable and making decisions during confusion is one thing he needs to do.
 
"Tell me if there is anything you don't want to do though," I tell him when we're waiting on line for a 4D movie theater. "However please do think of me as Miyoung for today."
 
Thankfully amusement park is not a problem for Joon, unlike the horror movie yesterday. We play one to another attraction until the sun almost sets down. As time goes by, my note for him keeps increasing line by line.
 
Joon is not the worst guy I ever have as a client but he is the most innocent one. Too innocent that I don't think Miyoung will fall for him; partially because I think Miyoung is a type who likes tough guy instead of an innocent guy.
 
He stammers a lot when I ask him questions. He looks nervous whenever silence gets between us. Joon also doesn't show any simple but meaningful gestures like asking me if I was hungry or thirsty; I happened to be the one who asked first.
 
Simply said he needs a girl who is willing to help him change into a real gentleman. He needs someone who will accept him for who he is and I have a hunch that Hwang Miyoung is not the one.
 
My thoughts are wandering somewhere when Joon suddenly stops. We are heading to the exit gate as we walk pass a stage where performances are held there every Sunday.
 
At the moment some youngsters are using the stage for showcasing their skills in dancing. Some do dance break and there are others who do couple dance with the girl dancers.
 
For my surprise Joon is looking at them with serious expression on face. It's like he is trying to memorize all the movements in head with a glimpse... or so I think.
 
I only stand still, looking at him without a word. After a minute, he notices that my attention is locked on him, "Ah! S-Sorry, Ai! L-Let's retu-"
 
"Do you like dancing?" I utter the question without hesitation. Having months of time as Lady Love, I'm quite good in reading people's mind nowadays. "Your eyes told so, you know."
 
He doesn't say a word. Instead he looks away as if he is embarassed that I found out the fact. I extend my arms and push him to the stage, "Go up. Show me something today."
 
"E-E-Eh?!" his eyes widen in shock. "W-W-What- Yah! Ai!"
 
We are already in front of the stage and I ignore his protest. I cross my arms and tell him, "I'm not going back if you don't amuse me with dance. I mean it, Joon."
 
Joon doesn't hide his doubtful expression. He tries to give me a reason to run away from the situation but I think he realizes it's useless. He finally walks up to the stage and says something to the youngsters.
 
Within seconds, a new song starts. It's not a hip hop one. It's slower but not too slow. The boys and girls let Joon to take the center stage and...
 
...he dances.
 
Joon moves so beautiful that it looks like he is glowing. Slow, sad, and beautiful. He even makes a turn as if he is doing ballet and I am speechless because of him.
 
On top of all, he looks like he is so into the song.
 
After a minute, he stops and bows to the youngsters who clap for him. He rushes down to my side with blushed cheeks, "N-Now... Can we go back, Ai?"
 
I blink for several times before I take a handkerchief from my bag and hand it to him, "Here. Wipe your sweat."
 
"Joon, do you like dancing?" I repeat the question once again and, this time, I believe he will answer me.
 
He nods one time. Somehow he looks like he is afraid I will laugh on him. Joon takes the handkerchief, still avoiding eyes contact with me.
 
"You look amazing, Joon," I give him a sincere compliment. "When we're doing something we love, we will be the happiest. And you look the best when you're dancing, Joon."
 
It's true. Out of the context that I'm here to help his love life, I just want him to know that he has something good in him, something that he must be proud of.
 
"I...," Joon murmurs. "I took ballet course years ago but some girls said it's not cool but I... Combining the ballet and modern dance is exciting. Sometimes I practice by myself and can't help but to think what if I become a professional dancer..."
 
"Do you want to be one in the future?" I tilt my head, studying his expression. "Do you enjoy dancing that much?"
 
His face beams and he gives me a bright grin, "Yes!"
 
My lips turn into a curve as I tell him, "Trust me. The girl who will be with you is really lucky. Because you have a dream. Dreams always keep us more alive."
 
I chuckle and turn around, telling him that we need to go back now. Perhaps I don't need to tell him the list of his mistakes today; he amuses me more than enough.
 
He doesn't say a word when we're on our way back to my place. I finally break the ice between us when we have arrived in front of my cafe, "Are you alright, Joon?"
 
"Eh?" he looks up and our eyes meet. Finally. "Ah... No... It's nothing."
 
"Just say it if there is anything you want to ask," I assure him. "Honesty is one thing you need to have as well when confronting a girl."
 
Joon rubs the back of his neck and mumbles something, almost inaudible, "I just... Look the best... You... Look the best when you smile..."
 
"Eh?" I try to make him repeat his words again but he ends up stammering with flushed pink cheeks, saying that he is just babbling.
 
"T-T-Thank you for today!" he bows to me and takes step backwards. "S-S-See you again, Ai! G-Goodbye!"
 
There he goes, leaving me with confusion.
 
"Well," I smile at the sunset view. "Let's see what I can do for him tomorrow."
 
Today I know something about Joon and I'm going to make sure his dream will be one important point in my plan to help him.