Chapter 9: Things turning up

Between Two Worlds

Chapter 9: Things turning up

By the next week, everthing felt back to normal. Zhou Mi had talked to Lu Han and assured him that no boyfriend was going to take them apart from each other. Henry felt kind of down and left out because he wasn’t included but he knew that it didn’t matter and wasn’t without good reason. Why? Because Henry knew he wasn’t from this world and probably would be sent back to his at any given time. But…

“Henry gege?” a voice called out as Henry felt the small body climb up onto the couch with him and snuggled into his side.

“Shi, Lu Han?” he asked as he set his book down to his left on the couch.

“Your not leaving, right?”

That caught henry of guard since he never ever expected Lu Han to ask something like that.

“What? Lu Han, you know I may go back to my world eventually, probably.”

“Meiyou~!” Lu Han whined, “You cant leave! I don’t want you to go! You cant! Baba and I need you here…” he finished with a pout and clinging onto Henry’s arm tighter.

“But Lulu, you know its unavoidable. You don’t need me here.”

“But we do need you here.” Henry heard in response but it did not belong to Lu Han since the voice was to deep and he felt an additional pair of arms wrap around his waist in a tight hug.

“Zhou Mi…” was all henry managed out from the shock.

“I think I understand how easily and quickly you can go back without a warning but that doesn’t change the fact the we both need you.”

“B-but…Zenme yang?”

“Cause we love you Henry gege!” Lu Han shouted, clinging tighter to Henry which cause the 2 older men to laugh.

“Henry, you don’t see how much we need you?”

Henry shook his head no in response, not believing it was true. Zhou Mi kept their position as he now rested his head on Henry’s shoulder as he spoke, slowly and clearly.

“Henry, even though it seems surreal that we do, we actually do Henry. You take care of Lu Han, more than I seem to be able to and gained his trust. I’ve never seen him open up to a stranger like how you were to us at first. You know him just as good as Leeteuk does, well…probably better.”

“So what Zhou Mi? I live here, I kind of need to know him.”

Zhou Mi sighed at him. ‘He is so stubborn and doesn’t believe any good thing said about him. I bet this is because of the way he was treated in his world… and I hate it.’

“Yes but how long has it been since you got here?”

“I don’t know, about a month?”

“Right. And in this month what have you done for us?”

Henry just shrugged again and responded, “Just taking care of Lu Han.”

Zhou Mi nodded. “But not only that. I never knew some of the things about Lu Han before you came. Why he ignores me when it comes to me dating. That fear, who did he tell about that, you or me, Henry?”

“Me. He told me 1st,” Henry noted, slightly shocked.

‘He never realized that before. Maybe he is starting to see things finally. Hopefully…’

“Yes and you made the decision to tell me what Lu Han said even if it meant Lu Han never trusting you again. But why did you tell me anyway?”

“To make you know because I didn’t like how Lu Han just ignored you, his baba, like he did. It worried me greatly.”

“I still trust you Henry gege,” Lu Han spoke up, once forgotten by the 2 men, now remembering that he was still there, and still clinging onto Henry’s arm. “Wo ai ni Henry gege.”

Henry finally cracked a smile with Lu Han’s words.

“Hey Lu Han?”

“Shi baba?”

“You know that Henry gege is from another world right?”

“Shi. Because he just suddenly appeared and nothing is here that Henry gege knows from where he is from.”

Zhou Mi nodded, glad that Lu Han understood where Henry came from.

“So you know he shouldn’t be living in this world with us right?”

Lu Han pouted slightly, “Shi.”

“So whoever or whatever sent him here, can come and have Henry gege leave and go back to his world without a warning to us. And we cant do anything to stop it. Ok?”

Lu Han pouted even more and loosened his grip on Henry’s arm, clearly not happy about it but accepting and understanding it. Because Zhou Mi is right, what could he do?

“Shi baba…”

Zhou Mi moved one of his arms from around Henry’s waist up to Lu Han’s head and ruffled his hair.

“Lulu, I know you don’t like the idea of Henry gege leaving us but he might never leave…”

‘I wish I could stay here forever…’

‘I wish he would stay here forever…’

“Or he could. We wont know till it happens, which he could be here for a week, a year or more. Or even never. So Lu Han, just enjoy yourself with Henry gege, ok?”

“Shi baba! Oh, Henry gege, baba, can I go get a puzzle for us to do together?”

“Why of course sweetie. That sounds nice and just the thing needed to pick up Henry gege‘s mode.”

“Yay!” Lu Han shouted, sprinting off to go find the perfect puzzle for the 3 to do.

Once Lu Han was gone, Zhou Mi’s arm reclaimed its spot on Henry’s waist and he leaned forward to his ear to whisper something.

“Also I need you because you have become a necessity in my life. We have gotten so close to each other that its weird for me to think of you not being here. I know I probably rely on you to much for Lu Han…”

“You don’t,” Henry interrupted him, whispering also and turned his body towards Zhou Mi’s just enough to face him.

“Ok but I feel like I do, but anyways I feel like raise Lu Han without you for this past month would have been so difficult without you because you learned things about him that no one knew.”

“And I know things about you that Leeteuk hyung and Hangeng gege might not realize or know about you too.”

Zhou Mi cracked a soft smile at him, knowing it was fully true. He had told Henry some secrets that no one not even is gege or parents knew about.

“Yes you do, I have the need to trust you more than anything and care for you as a didi and as a close friend even if we are a couple years apart in age. Were closer than what I feel like I am to my hyungs and dongsangs and I have known them longer…”

Zhou Mi abruptly stopped as they heard the door open and Lu Han came running back to them with a puzzle of Wuhan, Hubei, China’s night skylight, where Zhou Mi was born and raised.

“This one please!”

Zhou Mi and Henry separated as they sat on the floor around the table in the living room, Lu Han sitting between Henry and Zhou Mi now.

But the smiles that the 3 had on, especially Henry and Zhou Mi’s, never once faded away for more than a second for the rest of the day.

 

________________________________________________________________

Yes! finally time to write and update!!! So sorry for keeping you waiting! dont hate me lol.

but tada! chapter 9! and it does seem like things are turning up everywhere arent they? haha now i will work on chapter 10 and get it up as soon as i can but i have a lot of test and papers due soon so idl when the next time i update will be.

and thanks to bubblerosses for commenting on my last chapter. even if you were the only one that did i apreceate it ^^ so keep commenting i read it all even if i dont reply ^^ So lets try to get 2-3 comments for this chapter ok? :) lol well we will try haha

 

Oh and here is a challage for this chapter: figure out who said the second thought here,  

‘I wish I could stay here forever…’

‘I wish he would stay here forever…’

Is it Zhou Mi or Lu Han? cause we all know both dont want him to leave, especially Lu Han. Ill say next chapter :) lol comment with your answer. Till next time ^^