Chapter 1: Seperate Lives

Between Two Worlds

Chapter 1: Separate lives

“Come on! Hurry up!”

“Seriously is this what you call hard work?”

“Do it right Henry…”

Henry just ignored it or nodded in response, he was used to these kind f things since he hears it every day, ever since the day he started in the office 4 years ago. Sure he had his friend Hyukjae, or Eunhyuk, in the company with him, but they were in different areas.

Henry was stuck in the filing and moving of the instruments and sales papers and whatever else was included for him to do. It seemed like he was the company’s lacky, the go to boy for anything that was very difficult.

Eunhyuk worked higher up in something with computers or something, Henry didn’t really care. All he cared about was that his friend wasn’t with him really in the building.

“Ne”

‘Ugh…I hate it here but I don’t really have anything else I can do to earn money and keep away from staying with my parents.’

“Henry!”

He turned around to see Eunhyuk coming towards him with Dongahe, his boyfriend.

“Eunhyuk-hyung, Donghae-hyung, what are you 2 doing down here?”

“To get you! Its time to go and you weren’t upstairs yet so we thought you might have been down here still and we were right.”

“Yeah I just have to move these few boxes of papers and I’m done. But they are kind of heavy so it might take a bit longer than usual.”

Donghae looked like he was thinking about something before he said anything, “Well there are 3 boxes and 3 of us so…we‘ll help you carry them. Just lead they way,” he finished with a smile.

Henry could only merely smile and agree cause they wont take no for an answer.

“Henry?” Eunhyuk asked after he had picked up one of the boxes.

“Ne?”

“Donghae and I are going out to a restaurant when we leave here. Your coming with right?”

“Ani. I don’t think I will. I mean you’re my friend and all but I don’t wanna be the 3rd wheel with you and Donghae. Once I get a boyfriend I will be happy to join you both,” Henry responded as he put his box down where it was supposed to and Eunhyuk and Donghae followed suit.

“Henry you listen here, your not a 3rd wheel and no your gonna get yourself a nice girlfriend not a boyfriend.”

‘Problem number 1: WORK. Problem number 2: me being gay.’

Hnry just sighed. “Either way Eunhyuk it’s a no. I just want to go home and relax. Please just let me go I will join you next time alright?”

Eunhyuk wasn’t happy but he nodded in agreement and gave him a big hug before leaving with Donghae.

Henry lived 15 minutes away by foot so he got home fast and once he opened the door to his apartment he just collapsed onto the small sofa he had.

“What a day…but today it felt really bad. Ugh why cant Eunhyuk and my parents accept that I am gay and why does everyone at work treat me like crap. Its so exhausting…” soon his eyes started to water up, “I just want to leave. Get away and never come back to this wretched place ever! I just want some place to go where I can and feel loved, not be hated…”

_____________________

“Baba! Come on! Your soooo slow.”

“Or maybe I am fast but your just faster this time.”

“Meiyou! ”

“Oh yeah? Well see about that!”

“Ahh no baba don’t get me!”

But no such luck he felt arms wrap around his small body and was quickly being lifted upwards.

“Ahhh! Baba!!” the little boy shouted while laughing as his father lifted him up into his arms.

“I got you now Lu Han! What shall I do to you now? Huh? Shall I…tickle you?” and he started tickling his stomach right away.

“No! Baba! Hahaha. Channie! Help me!” Lu Han cried while still in a fit of laughter.

“I’m coming Hannie!”

Chanyeol then ran and jumped on the back of Lu Han's dad's back and tried to tickle his sides, all 3 laughing so hard. Until a voice called Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol, get off of Zhou Mi."

Chanyeol immediately stopped and slide off of Zhou Mi as soon as he heard his Umma's voice.

"Ne."

Zhou Mi put Lu Han down and stood straight up. Trying to catch his breath slightly.

"Leeteuk, it's ok. You know they could never hurt me." Zhou Mi said with a smile getting Leeteuk to smile to because he knew it was true.

"Mianhe uncle Teukie. It was my fault. Me and appa were playing around and I asked Channie for help as part of the play. So please don't be made at him."

Leeteuk and Zhou Mi looked wide eyed at Lu Han, impressed by what he had just said. Zhou Mi acted 1st and lifted Lu Han into his arms and Leeteuk walked up to Lu Han.

"Ani Lu Han it's ok I wasn't mad I was just looking out for your dad so he wouldn't get hurt. My umma instincts kicked in didn’t it?"

Zhou Mi started to laugh harder at that, knowing it was completely true that out of all the people in their close group of friends, Leeteuk was the umma, that’s why he had Chanyeol call him umma and Kangin was appa.

“Yah! Zhou Mi why are you laughing?” Leeteuk asked while crossing his arms, causing Chanyeol and Lu Han to start laughing too.

“Cause you looked so funny while saying that and its completely true and you finally admitted it.”

“Yeah yeah. We should probably get back home now. Its getting late,” Leeteuk bent over and picked up Chanyeol, “And we don’t want to worry appa do we now Chanyeol?”

“Ani umma!”

Lu Han was lifted up into Zhou Mi’s as they started walking to their apartments across the street.

“Leeteuk? Do you think you can watch Lu Han for me for a bit? I need to get a few things from the grocery store before I end up forgetting.”

“Of course I can. I love watching Lu Han and I know Chanyeol loves having him over don’t you?”

Chanyeol hugged Leeteuk‘s neck tightly with a big smile before saying, “Ne umma. Very much so!”

“Thanks. So Lu Han,” Zhou Mi began as he placed Lu Han down, “your going to stay with Leeteuk for a while and I’ll be back as soon as I can, ne?”

“Ne baba! Be back soon with yummy stuff!”

Zhou Mi gave Lu Han a quick kiss, then quickly went into his apartment grabbed his heavier jacket, made sure he had his wallet and then locked his door and left.

Once he was walking, Zhou Mi ran a hand through his had and sighed heavily and deeply, he was exhausted, but not as exhausted as days when he had work and Lu Han had school. Those 5 days were like torture but he thankfully always had Leeteuk and/or Kangin helping him since Leeteuk stayed home most of the day.

‘It’s hard, I’ll be the 1st to admit, that being a dad is not easy. Especially when his mama is nowhere to be found and doesn’t want a thing to do with him and all I want to do is give him a mama figure that can care and love him as much as I do. And obviously us love each other.’

Zhou Mi was lost in thought till something in an alley caught his eye, so he cautiously went down the alley to see what it was. So far he say nothing but as he got closse to the brick wall at the end of the alley, he noticed a weird light coming from it.

‘More like coming from in front of it. What the…’

But before he could finish his thought, the light showed brighter and bigger, blinding him until is vanished as soon as it had appeared. He slowly opened his eyes, afraid of what it would be there now if anything and if the light would comeback and blind him again.

“Shenme????”

 

______________

ok that was very bad. hahaha but thanks to all who have subscribed i hope i havent let you down. i hope to have the next chapter up by this weekend at the latest. <3 till then! ^^

 

oh and this is to clear up confusion but no spoilers:

-Lu Han is Zhou Mi's biological son here (needed a cutty to be Zhou Mi's son and i love Lu Han and he is chinese ^^).

-Kangin and Leeteuk are married and they adopted Chanyeol.

-Eunhyuk and Donghae live in Henry's world.

-oh and also Eunhyuk doesnt want Henry to be gay because he thinks he is to cute and lovable. (if that makes sense)

 

any other questions u have ask and ill answer if i can and IF it wont spoil anything. :)