Chapter 2: Shenme? Mwo?? What???

Between Two Worlds

Chapter 2: Shenme? Mwo?? What???

“Shenme????”

When he looked over he saw a man that looked to be around the same age as Zhou Mi is but he was shorter, with orange colored hair, thick checks that made him look like a chipmunk and even though he was semi conscious, he could still tell they were very small.

‘A person??’ He immediately kneeled down to check on him even if he was a stranger.

“Hey! Are you ok? Where did you come from?”

He didn’t respond much besides saying one thing as he closed his eyes.

“Don’t…hurt me…”

_____________________

“Zhou Mi are you kidding me?! Where was your mind, no where is your mind at?”

Zhou Mi stood with his back against the doorframe of the spare bedroom in his apartment while he had Leeteuk yelling at him and scolding him out. He had a good reason for doing it, just Leeteuk, being a mother/father he is, was protective and couldn’t understand it.

“Leeteuk…”

“No I don’t want to hear it Zhou Mi. you brought a complete stranger into your home, where you son lives, when you say he suddenly appeared in a bright light in a dark alley way! That sounds like its coming from a crazy man’s mouth!”

“Leeteuk stop!”

Leeteuk stopped, startled by Zhou Mi’s outburst since the man very rarely raised his voice at anyone. Luckily Lu Han was with Kangin and Chanyeol in their apartment across from Zhou Mi’s or else Lu Han seeing his father like that would have surely scared him and made him.

“Leeteuk I know that but honestly if you say how he originally look, and what he said…you would have done the same. He had a broken look in his eyes that just made my blood run cold and had me think, ‘What happened to him?’ Plus he doesn’t look so strong and he still looks so pale…” Zhou Mi finally turned his head from the stranger laying in the bed to Leeteuk, “You sure he isn’t sick or anything?”

Leeteuk nodded his head. “Nothing physically visible is wrong with him. No bruises, cuts, nothing that’s shows physical harm or blood lose. No temperature or any signs of a cold, flu or anything disease related. Nothing indicates alcohol or drugs so I have no clue what is wrong with him.”

“Hmmm…” Zhou Mi couldn’t help but wonder what exactly was this guy? Who was he?

“Zhou?”

“Mwo?”

“What was it that he said? Before he passed out. You keep saying he said something but I don’t know what it was.”

Zhou Mi closed his eyes and sighed, once again looking at the young man.

“He said, ‘Don’t hurt me.’ Leeteuk he looked at me and said ‘Don’t hurt me.’ Why? Was there someone who used to hurt him or did?”

“I really don’t know Zhou Mi. I guess well have to wait till he wakes up.”

“Baba?”

Zhou Mi and Leeteuk turned around to see Lu Han standing in the middle of the living room.

"Come here Lu Han, what's wrong?"

Lu Han slowly moved his was over to his dad and hugged his legs, asking, "What is wrong with him appa? Why isn't he waking up?"

Zhou Mi could tell Lu Han was upset and truly worried because when ever he got upset, worried or angry he would start mixing his Chinese and Korean with each other. That lead to some funny sounding sentences, as well as odd and weird ones.

"I don't know sweetie. Something bad must have happened to him."

"Wèishéme ne? Wae would someone want to hurt him? He looks so nice."

Leeteuk bent down and rubbed Lu Han's back as Zhou Mi rubbed his hair knowing it would sooth him.

"I would like to know that too. Leeteuk?"

"Ne?" Leeteuk answered as he stood up.

"Could Lu Han stay with you tonight please?"

"Sure thing. Would you like that Lu Han?"

"Ne."

"Well then lets detach ourselves from appa and go get your school stuff so you and Chanyeol can get to preschool on time, ne?"

"Ok uncle Leeteuk."

Once Lu Han was going with Leeteuk to his room Zhou Mi walked into the stranger's room and took another look at him. He was mesmerized by it for many reasons so he didn't snap out of it till he heard Lu Han.

"Annyeong appa!!" he shouted as he ran into Zhou Mi's arms, "Saranghe!"

"Wo ai ni Lu Han. Go have fun ok?"

"Ne! Wen! Ppoppo appa!"

Zhou mi smiled at his son's ayego and thought, ‘He’s still worried…he is still mixing Chinese and Korean,’ and kissed him before he went off with Leeteuk.

Zhou Mi stood up and walked back to the room just in time to see him move slightly them slowly open his eyes. He looked around, scared and confused.

"Hey relax it's ok."

The man looked up at Zhou Mi and slowly the scared look went away but quick came back.

"W-who are y-you? P-please don't hurt m-me..."

'Don't…hurt me…'

"I'm not going to hurt you. I found you in the alley half conscientious and then you passed out so I brought you back here. I couldn't leave you out there."

The man looked very confused now. "Alley? I was in my apartment..."

"Apparently not if I found you in the alley."

His hands grabbed his hair out of confusion and frustration.

"I don't remember...ah I have so many questions."

Zhou Mi sat down at the edge of the bed before speaking softly, "Well I doubt I'll be able to answer all if any but I can try. But let's star off with this: My name is Zhou Mi. What is yours?"

"Henry. Henry Lau."

"Are you Chinese?" Zhou Mi suddenly asked, switching over to Chinese in hopes of it making him feel better which it seemed to have done.

"Shí. I am. I take it the Chinese name isn't for show?" Henry asked slightly smiling earning a smile from Zhou Mi as well.

"Yes."

"I thought I had heard a little kids voice earlier, was I hearing things?"

"No it was my 4 year old son, Lu Han. He was surprisingly quiet concerned about the stranger in our spare room. That or just curious. Never know with him."

"Then is it ok with your wife for me to be here?"

Zhou Mi chuckled bitterly, earning a confused look from Henry. "No I am not married. His mother wants nothing to do with him or us. Plus I'm gay so it wouldn't exactly be a wife now would it?"

"Oh... Yihan I didn't know you were like me... But what city are we in?"

Zhou Mi looked shocked that he was gay as well but he quickly responded, he wanted to know why his face looked do pained as he said that.

"We are in Seoul. And why did you face looked so pained when you said that you were gay too?"

'Why am I telling a completely random guy and stranger everything about me? Do I feel that comfortable around him?'

"My parents hate that I am gay... They want to be able to have grandchildren and apparently not the grandchildren that are adopted. So I left them as soon as I turned 18."

"How old are you now?"

"28. You?"

"29 but go on."

Henry took a deep breath before continuing, "And my best friend, Eunhyuk is gay and has a boyfriend but he won't accept the fact that I am gay cause he feels like it was partly his fault because he got his boyfriend before I got the nerve to tell him I was gay and he thinks it was his fault. Plus he thinks a guy like me is to cute and lovable to be gay. Which makes no sense. And work was just... Was worse that living with the devil I swear."

Zhou Mi noticed Henry started to tear up some so he stopped him from continuing by asking if he wanted some water to drink and Henry eagerly agreed.

After Zhou Mi brought him a glass of water and he drank some, Henry said, "Sorry I am inconveniencing you…"

"No you aren't. Just rest here for tonight and if you feel better in the morning I will take you back to our apartment ok?"

Henry just nodded, not really wanted to say no.

__________________

The next day Zhou Mi didn't wake up until he heard a knocking at the door and he didn't bother to do anything to his hair or clothes cause he almost knew it was going to be Leeteuk, which was correct.

"Ne Leeteuk?"

"So did he wake up at all?"

'Wow never knew you to be the straight forward kind Leeteuk...'

"Ne he did," Zhou Mi spoke as they headed over to the couch to sit, "He trusted me enough to tell me some personally stuff and be honestly doesn't remember how he got to that alley."

"What’s his name?"

"Henry Lau."

"Henry Lau… sounds Chinese."

"He is."

"Have you checked on him yet?"

"No I just worked up to your banging on my door..."

"Sorry I was anxious to know what happened."

Zhou mi got up to Go check on Henry as Leeteuk went to go make coffee. Zhou Mi slowly opened the door to see a still sleeping Henry.

But something was off...

He was covered in sweat and clenching the bed sheets with his fists. He rushed over to the younger and put his hand on his forehead, which was on fire!

"Henry?"

No response.

So he tried once more, lightly shaking him as well.

"Henry?!?"

But again nothing. Something was wrong so he immediately ran out to get Leeteuk.

"Leeteuk!"

"Ah! God Zhou Mi you scared me. What is it?"

"Something is wrong with Henry! He's burning up!"

Leeteuk furrowed his eyebrows together, not liking the sound of that, "What?" he questioned as he ran to where Henry was.

Leeteuk placed his hand on his forehead as well and felt clothe fire that seemed to be on his forehead.

"Zhou Mi get the thermometer for me now!"

Zhou Mi ran to the bathroom to retrieve it and bring it back without a word. Leeteuk places it in Henry's mouth and waited for the reading.

"Oh no..."

"What is it Leeteuk?!" Zhou Mi was now freaked out slightly cause Leeteuk’s voice was filled with concern and worry and he hated that.

"He has a fever of 107.3. He needs help. And the kind of help from a hospital..."

"MWO????"

 

_____________________

Ok updated sooner than i thought, i just couldnt stop writing at school today so i got this. i really hope this clears up more of the confusion (especially with the whole eunhyuk thing) and they finally have meet! :O

and if you want me to start putting the chinese phrases and meanings down here so you dont have to look them up just say so. ^^ its no problem but i try to only use it when you can tell what it is. like as you figured out Shenme is what, wen is kiss, yohan is kiss for example.

but omg i was listenint to daydream and blue tomorrow by suju and sjm and it made it all the sadder if you ask me.

comment and tell me what you think ^^