Chapter 3: Different Worlds? Is it true?

Between Two Worlds

Chapter 3: Different Worlds? Is it true?

"MWO?? But Leeteuk we can't because I don't know if he has the money for it not do I have the answer to what happened to him."

"Well I hardly have the things needed to bring down his fever. I mean it could work or it could not."

But Zhou Mi was persistent, "Then we can do that for now and at least lower it some to where he can wake up and tell us what to do."

Leeteuk sighed knowing that was the best thing to do.

"Ok now I need some ice, a cold bucket of water, washcloth, some kind of aspirin, and a few more blankets."

Zhou Mi rushed around his apartment grabbing all that Leeteuk had said he needed to help Leeteuk lower Henry's fever.

Once he returned with everything, Leeteuk immediately got to work by wetting the washcloth in the cold water then wrapping some ice in it then placing it on his forehead.

“Hopefully that will work some…now lets give him some aspirin and then well just have to keep his forehead cool and him bundled in these blankets so he‘ll sweat the fever away. Hopefully.”

Zhou Mi sighed out of relief and worry.

‘Why am I so worried about a stranger I just meet? Could it be because he told me about his life kind of? I don’t know…’

“One of us should watch him…”

“I‘ll do it Leeteuk, you go spend time with Chanyeol and Lu Han when they get back from school.”

Leeteuk nodded, “Yeah I‘ll probably go with Kangin to get them but this is what you need to do for Henry…”

Leeteuk gave detailed instructions a to what to do for Henry and left to go with Kangin to get the boys from preschool and take him to his apartment.

For the next half hour, Zhou Mi did exactly what Leeteuk told him to do and it seemed to be working but he wasn't sure.

'Maybe I should take his temperature again? I feel like it should have gone down some but if it had shouldn't he have waken up by now?'

Zhou Mi put the thermometer in his mouth as he re-wetted the washcloth on Henry's head and added the ice to it as well.

As he removed the thermometer after placing the washcloth on his head, he noticed his temperature had gone down and quite a bit, it was now 101.4.

'Thank god it went down. I defiantly have to repay Leeteuk for this later. Just wake up now Henry...'

Zhou Mi gently shook Henry's shoulder speaking softly, "Henry? Can you hear me? You need to wake up if you can hear me."

He got nothing from that. It as he started to shake him again, Henry moaned.

"No... 5 more minutes..."

Zhou Mi sighed out of relief and a small smile graced his face.

"No you need to wake up and take some aspirin for your fever."

Henry opened his eyes and looked at Zhou Mi very confused, "Fever? What do you mean?"

“This morning when Leeteuk came over I came in to check on you and your forehead was on fire and had a temperature of 107.3. Now its only a 101.4. You really had me scared there for a while.”

“Mianhe for worrying you Zhou Mi gege.”

“Gege? you font have to be so formal with me Henry.”

Zhou Mi was truly shocked at Henry calling him gege but I guess it was because he was a year older and still a stranger to him.

“Ok…”

“Hey Henry, where do you live at? I was just thinking if you had a roommate we should let him know…”

“I don’t have a roommate. I live alone in my apartment.”

Zhou Mi nodded slowly, feeling sadness towards the boy again.

“But I live in the Daleun apartment complex on Namdaemunno in the Jongno district.”

“I think that’s quite a ways from here. This is the Segye apartment complex on Songpadaero in the Songpa district. But I can take you there once your fever returns to normal. Is that ok?”

“Even if I say no your going to talk me into it so yeah.”

Both laughed cause it was true, that was just Zhou Mi for you and it seems like Henry had gotten that aspect of his personality down well.

“Wow you know me already now don’t you? Very good.”

Both continued laughing till they heard a knocking at the door so Zhou Mi went to answer it and was immediately grabbed at the legs.

“Appa!”

“Lu Han what are you doing here?”

And for the 1st time Zhou Mi saw Leeteuk behind him smiling. “Sorry he really wanted to see you and meet Henry. Speaking of which, how is he?”

Zhou Mi motioned them in as he told Leeteuk, “He‘s fine now, his fever is 101.4 and going down and he is awake.”

“He‘s awake? Appa can I meet him please?” Lu Han asked using his ayego to his advantage.

“I’ll introduce both you and Leeteuk to him ok? But keep calm he still isn’t feeling well.”

“Ne appa!”

Zhou Mi lead them to the open door to Henry and walked in, making sure the boy was awake still and he was.

“Hey Henry, I have 2 people who want to meet you, is that ok?”

Henry gave him a slightly confused and startled look.

‘Who would want to visit me? Zhou Mi is the only one I know here right now.’

“Sure?”

Zhou Mi sensed the uncertainty so he clarified, “It‘s 2 that have seen you while asleep just never caught you awake, of out from the high fever.”

“Oh…”

Henry took noticed that another man loking to be around Zhou Mi’s age came into the room followed by a young boy also.

“Henry this is my good friend Leeteuk, he was the one who originally started to get your fever to go down. Out of all our friends, he is the umma of all of us really. It gets funny and embarrassing at times,” Zhou Mi, Leeteuk and Henry laughed some at the last part of the sentence.

“Nice to finally meet you henry,” Leeteuk said as he extended his hand to shake Henry’s.

“Same here and thanks for helping get my fever down. Zhou Mi told me how high it was but you managed to bring it down. Kamsahamnida,” he said as he shook Leeteuk’s hand.

“And who is this little guy Zhou Mi?”

Zhou Mi smiled down at Lu Han who currently was slightly hiding behind his leg and nudged him forward from behind it.

“Henry this is my son Lu Han. He has been so curious about you since I brought you here but I had him stay and Leeteuk‘s for a while so he barely saw you.”

Henry couldn’t help but smile at that cute face, Lu Han was just to cute!

“Ni hao Lu Han, I‘m Henry,” he said in Chinese to make the boy feel at ease and it once again worked out because Lu Han’s eyes grew so big and a smile was finally on his face.

Lu Han walked closer to Henry and said, “You know Chinese too?”

“Shi. I thought you might prefer if I talk to you in Chinese instead of Korean.”

“It doesn’t matter to me but I don’t know many people besides my uncle, nainai and yeye who can speak Chinese in Korea.”

“So I assume your fluent in Korean too?”

“Ne,” Lu Han said with a big smile on his face.

“Seems like you really lie Henry, Lu Han, don’t you?” Zhou Mi asked while smiling along with Leeteuk.

“Ne! He seems so cool. And he pronounces my name right,” he said laughing slightly.

“But Lu Han, you do know that as soon as I get better I will go back to my place right?”

“Shenme? Wae?”

Henry gave a confused look at his sudden change between Chinese and Korean but shrugged it off.

“Because if I have an apartment I can stay here forever. And I don’t want to burden you.”

“Awww…” Lu Han whined as he pouted because he wanted to be friends with Henry and also because he had to stay with Leeteuk a few more days so he didn’t get sick now.

____________________

“Are you sure its ok for me to borrow these clothes Leeteuk hyung? I don’t know when I’ll be able to return them…”

“Henry please, don’t worry about it, you other clothes were slightly ripped from something and dirty and washing them you make them rip more so its no hassle at all.”

Henry nooded as he and Zhou Mi were about to leave the apartment. It had been 2 days since his high fever and now it had been back to normal for a whole day so him and Zhou Mi were going to Namdaemunno in Jongno so Henry could go back home and figure things out. He stll had his wallet and phone on him when Zhou Mi found him but he hadn’t received any text asking about where he was or if he was ok.

‘I have this odd feeling with what Zhou Mi had told me of how he saw a huge bright light in the alley then suddenly I was there makes me wonder…am I really in a different world? It really feels like it is…nah I’m just over thinking things.’

“Henry?” a small voice called bringing Henry out of his thoughts.

He saw Lu Han standing in the doorway of Leeteuk and Kangin’s apartment with sad eyes. Henry crouched down so he was level with Lu Han.

“Hey Lu Han, what are you doing there?”

Lu Han walked over to Henry then asked, “Do you have to go?”

“Ne, I do. I wish I didn’t have to go so soon because I want to get to know all of you better but I can be a burden to you appa anymore.”

“You weren’t a burden.”

Zhou Mi’s sudden voice startled Henry and he stood up so fast he almost fell on his .

“Mianhe didn’t mean to startle you. Are you ready?”

“Ne. Bye Leeteuk and Kangin. Bye Lu Han. Thanks for everything.”

“Ne, no problem at all Henry. Be safe and careful ok? No more alley trips?”

Henry chuckled as he nodded, getting the joke Leeteuk just made quite easily and with the goodbyes said and done, Zhou Mi and him started to walk down the hall away from the small group.

“Yongbao ma?”

Henry turned back around and say Lu Han standing there with his arms out for Henry so he could give him a hug.

“Awww Lu Han…of course I‘ll give you a hug.”

So Henry bent over and Lu Han gave him a big tight hug, this boy was just to cute for his own good.

“Zaijian Lu Han.”

“Zaijian.”

For most of the way, both were silent, neither knowing what to say to the other despite being together for 4 days. But as they got closer, Henry visibly got more nervous and Zhou Mi decided to finally speak up to calm him.

“Why are you so nervous Henry?” Zhou Mi asked using Chinese instead of Korean so no one would really understand their conversation.

“I don’t know…I guess it because I’ll be going back to my old life, well sort of if me being missing from work for 4 days got me fired. Which I am surprisingly ok with. But it seeing my 2 friend and parents again, going back to reality I guess.”

“Hey I am sure they wont be as bad now. I am sure they must be worried about you a lot. What parent and best friend wouldn’t?” he said as he put an arm around Henry for comfort and he slightly relaxed to the touch and words but Henry was still tense.

“Henry here is 491 Songpadaero but the apartment complex isn’t named Segye, its Sog-ida Apartments.”

“Huh? That cant be right…”

Both were confused but none more than Henry. This building didn’t have the same name nor did it look the same, it was just the same address.

“Hey why not go up and ask the building desk clerk? He might recognize you, maybe you were mistaken because of whatever happened to you.”

‘I doubt that…’

“I‘ll ask but I don’t think it’s the one.”

“Excuse me sir?”

The man looked up at him, he was slightly scary looking. “Mwo?”

“I was wondering if you remember me living here? I could have sworn this address was where my apartment was but it isn’t the same name as I thought.”

“I don’t know you or recognize you. Maybe you are new so give me your name and I will check.”

‘But I’ve lived in the same apartment for 6 years…’

“It‘s Henry Lau.”

The man typed in his name to see if he was in the system but as Henry predicted, he wasn’t.

“Sorry but your name is not in our system, neither past or present tenants. Sorry.”

“Its ok thanks for looking.” Both bowed and walked back out toward the street.

“Zhou Mi now what?” Henry was desperate to find out what was going on.

“I really don’t know Henry,” Zhou Mi said switching back to Chinese again, “Wait! You have your phone right? Try calling your friend to see if he can tell you what’s going on.”

“Shi, good idea.”

Henry pulled out his phone and pressed Eunhyuk’s number to call…

…but nothing.

“I‘m sorry the number you are trying to reach doesn’t exist. Please check the number and try again.”

Henry scrunched up his face out of confusion, he knew Eunhyuk would never disable his phone, he love his phone and lived off of it. And Zhou Mi say the face and asked, “Shenme shi cuo de? Did you not get a hold of him?”

“No. it says the number doesn’t exist and I know Eunhyuk would never disconnect his phone. He loves it almost as much as Donghae. I know! I‘ll try Donghae!”

So Henry tried calling Donghae but got the same thing:

“I‘m sorry the number you are trying to reach doesn’t exist. Please check the number and try again.”

“Donghae too? What the heck?”

So he tried calling his mom’s cell, dad’s cell and his parents home but no luck.

“Zhou Mi its saying all the numbers I have tried to call don’t exist. What is going on?”

Henry was now starting to get scared and even Zhou Mi was very slightly scared but he came up with and idea.

“Here try calling my number and if that doesn’t work, then your phone must not be working correctly.”

“And what if it works?”

‘Then I don’t know…maybe you aren’t from here then.’

Zhou Mi typed in his number into Henry’s phone and Henry held it up to his ear, waiting for something and they got something.

Zhou Mi’s phone rang. And Zhou Mi should Henry the caller id to make sire that was his number, which it was.

“Zhou Mi…what does this mean?”

But Henry was thinking, ‘I know what this means. It means I am not from here, this is a different world where Eunhyuk, Donghae and my parents don’t exist.’

Zhou Mi looked Henry in the eye, putting his hand on Henry’s arm as he spoke in Chinese, “I think it means that were are from 2 different worlds. You came from another world Henry. But…is that possible at all?”

_____________________________________________

ok as i promised, i updated tomorrow aka today ^^

and i have to laugh, my chapters are seemingly slowly getting longer. haha sorry about that if that annoys you but its hard when you know what you want to get done in a chapter but it gets soooo long.

but i hope its getting better, i still think its eh soso but thats just me. so that is chapter 3! ^^ ooooh things are unraviling... :O

oh and either the next chapter or chapter 5 Hangeng and Heechul shall appear depends on how i want chapter 4 to go.

oh and checj the story feed for a secret hint unless your going to go do it. ill also reveal it in the authors note of the next xhapter or so incase you didnt figure it out. ^^ i love secret/hidden stuff :3