Chapter 11: The Truth About You

Between Two Worlds

Chapter 11: The Truth About You

“That was fun wasn’t it Henry gege??” Lu Han was still excited about the movie even if it had been an hour since the movie had ended.

“Yes it was Lulu.”

But Henry was still to preoccupied by the realization that he had come to about him falling for Zhou Mi.

‘I cant. I just cant. I have to get over it somehow. He’s happy now and I don’t want to wreck that for him.’

“Henry gege?” Lu Han asked tugging on Henry’s arm because he was slightly spacing out.

“Huh? Oh, shenma Lu Han?”

“When will baba be home? He said he would be home by now and I have my bedtime soon and he isn’t home yet.”

“Hmm… I don’t know. Maybe…”

But he didn’t get to finish cause he heard the door open and heard Zhou Mi’s voice plus someone else’s voice fill the small apartment.

“Henry gege its baba! Baba!!” Lu Han shouted while running towards Zhou Mi, clearly happy he was home. Just what Henry didn’t anticipate was Lu Han grabbing his hand and pulling him along with too.

“Baba!!”

Zhou Mi smiled seeing Lu Han running towards him but started to laugh as he saw Henry being dragged by the small boy towards him.

“Lu Han, I think your about to make Henry fall down if you keel pulling him.”

Lu Han stopped in his tracks and let go of Henry’s hand, giving him the chance to recover his balance before facing Zhou Mi and the other Chinese man behind Zhou Mi. Zhou Mi then bent down and picked up Lu Han.

“Baba…” Lu Han mumbled against the crock of Zhou Mi’s neck/shoulder.

“Hey sweetie. Did you have fun with Henry gege?”

“Shi. We watched the movie The Magic Gourd.”

“Oh really? that’s your favorite movie. Henry,” he shifted his gaze from Lu Han to Henry, “Did he behave?”

Henry smiled at him, “Shi. Of course he did. He is an angel, right Lulu?” and Lu Han nodded.

“Ah good. Well Lu Han, Henry, I would like you to meet my date.”

“Ni Hao, wo de mingzi shi Luo Zhi Xiang. Nice to meet you,” and he bowed to them, “but please, just call me Luo.”

“Ah, ni hao Luo gege, I‘m Henry Lau,” he introduced himself as he extended a hand out.

No one noticed but something odd flashed through Luo’s eyes before he finally accepted Henry’s hand and shook it.

“Ah nice to meet you, Zhou Mi has talked a lot about you to me.”

“Oh really? That’s a shock.”

Zhou Mi walked over to Henry, Lu Han still in his arms but he was carefully watching Luo and not Zhou Mi or Henry.

“Shi Henry. You live here too, Lu Han loves you and your one of my best friends. Why wouldn’t I bring you up some?”

‘Almost to much…’

Venom.

“Ah Xiexie but Zhou Mi has talked quite a bit about you the past few days and its really nice to meet you. Your not like the others Zhou Mi has gone out with.”

‘Something seems odd with him. Eh, its probably nothing since its his first time meeting Lu Han and I and he is nervous to meet Lu Han and get him to like him…’

“Really? Then I guess that’s a good thing.”

Henry nodded and it was then that Luo took notice that Lu Han was staring intently at him and got slightly nervous, so he decided to introduce himself.

“Hi Lu Han, I‘m Luo, the one whose dating your baba. Its nice to meet you,” he held out his hand for Lu Han to shake too but Lu Han hesitantly took it.

‘Lu Han seemed so excited to meet him but now he’s acting like he’s almost scared of him or nervous. Why? Does he know something we don’t know?’

Lu Han’s actions clearly confused the mochi but it didn’t phase Zhou Mi, probably because Henry was seening it from an outside viewpoint.

“Ni hao,” was surprisingly, even to Zhou Mi, all Lu Han had said to Luo so far.

“Hey why don’t we all go sit down now? Maybe that’s why Lu Han seems really shy, because you 2 are still standing in the doorway with your coat and shoes on.”

Both nodded and Zhou Mi handed Lu Han off to Hnery while him and Luo took their coats and shoes off. Henry decided to go ahead and head towards the couch with Lu Han, but once they were out of earshot of them, Henry whispered into Lu Han’s ear.

“What is wrong Lu Han? Do you not like him?”

“Shi…Meiyo…I don’t know Henry gege. I don’t know.”

Henry nodded, knowing now that Lu Han was just confused, but he also didn’t really show any interest in him either like Henry would have thought he would have. Lu Han sat on Henry’s lap while Zhou Mi and Luo sat on the other couch even if at first Zhou Mi started to sit next to Henry until he saw the look Henry was giving him.

Suddenly they heard a growling noise and they chuckled as Lu Han blushed slightly because it was his stomach.

“Henry gege…I‘m hungry,” Lu Han whined, clutching his stomach and pouting cutily at Henry.

“Ok, I’ll go fix you something ok?”

“Yay! Xiexie!” he said with a huge smile.

Henry got up and started to go to the kitchen but stopped when he felt a hand grab his wrist.

Zhou Mi.

“Shenme Zhou Mi?”

“I am not letting you go into that kitchen alone even if you know how to cook well, I just don’t want you to add the wrong ingredient though.”

Henry laughed as he said, “Yeah smart idea. Especially since I alone learned how to cook with high fire.”

Zhou Mi nodded and turned to Luo.

“We will be right back, do you want anything?”

“Meiyou. Its fine, I am good.”

“Ok. But hey, you can get to know Lu Han now. So Lulu,” ZHou Mi now turned his attention to his son, “you be good to Luo ok? Get to know him.”

“Shi baba.”

After the 2 left for the kitchen, the living room was filled with silence until Luo tried to take the initiative.

“So Lu Han, you said you watched the Magical Gourd tonight, is that your favorite movie?”

“Shi, it is because the gourd is so cute and funny.”

And then silence again so Luo tried to rack his brain for ideas.

“What is your favorite color Lu Han?”

“Blue.”

“And what kind of hobbies do you like?”

“I like the rubrics cube, baseball and board games.”

“The rubrics cube? Really? But your so young, I am amazed that you like it.”

Lu Han just nodded back with a oddly straight face on, especially for him.

“Ah, well do you like any kind of food?”

“Kinda, I like Chinese fried rice dishes the best.”

“But what if your favorite color, food, and likes?”

It was now time to see what this guy was like.

“Hmm…my favorite color would have to be red and black, but also bright colors. I like basketball, swimming and singing. And I love fried rice with eggs but I am allergic to coffee.”

‘He is…odd…’

Henry had looked over once and saw them talking but what struck him as odd once again was the face Lu Han had on his face. He didn’t look happy or sad, like he was voided of all emotion. And when Zhou Mi asked Henry to go over and see if Lu Han wanted any chicken or egg on his fried rice, he thought it was the perfect opportunity to see how Lu Han was. As he started to walk over to them he noticed Luo had moved to the seat next to the small boy and seemed to be whispering to him causing Lu Han to be shocked. Good thing was, was that Henry was close enough to the 2 that even if Luo was slightly whispering, he still heard what he was saying to Lu Han.

And he was shocked.

“Lu Han lets understand one thing, I could careless about you. I really like your father and I plan on making him my boyfriend. You need to act like you like me because you want your father to be happy right?” he struck a nerve there, “I am only going to use you to get closer to him. Is that clear?”

Henry was so shocked that he had to keep himself from yelling at him right then and there, which would alert Zhou Mi that there was something wrong. He saw Lu Han’s wide, sad and shocked eyes but he still nodded cause his weak spot was Zhou Mi’s happiness and he didn’t want to feel like he was hindering that at all.

‘That jerk! He is totally 2 faced and a bold liar!’

As Henry finally moved into view, Lu Han was obviously the only one who saw him and unconsciously said his name.

“Henry gege…”

“Shenme??”

Luo stood up and looked at Henry, being taller he thought would intimidate the other but Henry’s facial expression never changed even with the difference. He was mad.

“What do you think you are doing?!” Henry said harshly but in a quiet tone as to not alert Zhou Mi.

“What are you talking about? I am talking to Lu Han about the stuff he likes.”

“Oh really? What did he say his favorite color was?”

“Blue.”

“Ha no its not. it’s the same color as Zhou Mi and I. He lied to you. And why? Probably because he didn’t trust you and/or like you. And after what you just said, who could blame him?”

Luo‘s eyes narrowed quite a bit as he spoke slowly and carefully, venom dripping from his words.

“What did you hear?”

“Everything. From how you could careless about Lu Han to how your just using him so you can claim Zhou Mi as yours.”

“And what are you going to do about it?”

“Are you dumb? I am going to tell Zhou Mi what you are doing. Plain. And. Simple,” he answered, pronouncing each word of the last sentence with certainty and strength.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

Henry crossed his arms. “And why not?”

“You really don’t think I could get you kicked out of here?”

Henry visibly tensed even if he tried not to show it, he failed at hiding it.

“Oh really? How?”

Luo Leaned close to Henry’s ear and whispered, “Simply. By just telling him things you supposedly did but didn’t like you recklessly took care of Lu Han, you flirted with me, and your just being his friend so you can get a free room and food. Your still just a random stranger to them, someone who random was found by Zhou Mi, nothing else.”

“None of that is true and you know it. He knows it too.”

“Fine don’t believe me but believe this: you tell Zhou Mi anything about this and your done for. I am very good at getting what I want so don’t get in my way you little punk. Your life will become a living nightmare.”

“…” Henry said nothing but slightly nodded, but only after seeing Lu Han’s scared face and eyes after he heard about Luo possibly making Henry leave for good.

‘Crap! I’m up against a wall with him. I have to do something, but what? What can I do to expose his true self to Zhou Mi before its to late to do anything? This…this is going to be bad…’

 

_______________________________________________________

ooooh! just got real lol. and note: i love Luo's music and i hated making him a bad guy but his looks and style i felt would be of someone simular to Zhou Mi so i picked him. plus it had to be a chinese singer/actor.

but what is henry going to do!!??? :O what can he do???

and thank you to all my new subscriers!! ^^ and the 2 new people who comented on chapter 11: ipanda_ramos and BluePhoenix. and thank you to them answering the question from chapter 9. ANd they were right. It was ZHou Mi. i thought i would trick people by making Lu han (in the question) seem like the one but it didnt work :) Nice ^^

Love you all and plz read and comment!! ^^ enjoy!! :)

oh and if you read chapter 6, you will see what lu han's fav things are. he really did lie about the to Luo (except for the rubics cube and fried rice stuff). but why do you think he lied like that? could he tell Luo was a bad since the begining?