Chapter 17: Chanyeol’s Truth Part 2

Between Two Worlds

“Lied to you about what?”

“Everything! About everything about me!”

Zhou Mi and Henry knew what it was they had told him but Lu Han didn’t. “But your still Park Chanyeol and uncle Teukie and uncle Kangin are still your parents…”

“No!” Lu Han jumped in shock at Chanyeol’s shout, “They aren’t even my real parents!”

Lu Han was shocked at his best friend here basically dissing on his parents and it was making him mad.

‘How can he do that? He is being so rude to his parents! Channie this isn’t you, why are you being so mean?’

“Channie just relax. Is it so bad that you aren’t really theirs but yet they still love you?”

That caused Chanyeol to actually explode on Lu Han some.

“You don’t understand Lu Han! You have Uncle Zhou Mi, your birth appa. I don’t! I just have 2 people who adopted me as a baby!”

Lu Han stood up from his seat next to Henry and faced Chanyeol, furious with him and fist clenched.

“Chanyeol! How could you?! They have raised you for the past 4 years of your life as their own and has the fact that you aren’t theirs changed how they loved you? No! They still love you to death and nothing can change that. They told you because they love you and didn’t want to lie to you anymore so how can you say all that?”

“You just don’t understand Lu Han!”

Lu Han was shocked for a minute but he quickly recovered. “I don’t? You think I don’t understand? A stranger, Henry gege, came into my life and I now I call him Henry appa or just appa because baba and him finally got together. Is he a birth parent to me? No! Is he related to me at all by blood? No. so how on earth can you say that I don’t understand when my appa is a complete stranger and not blood related to me? And from a different world at that too! You are being an insensitive jerk who is being a selfish big baby!”

Needless to say, everyone was silent after that, including Leeteuk and Kangin who Zhou Mi had gone to check on and get and Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, you maybe my best friend but when you have done something wrong like this, don’t expect me to take your side. You are in the wrong and you need to hear out your parents. Yes your parent’s cause that is what Uncle Teukkie and Uncle Kangin are to you. Always have and always have been. ”

Leeteuk and Kangin sat down on the small couch of Zhou Mi’s, kitty corner to the one Henry and now Lu Han again, were sitting on. Zhou Mi stood behind Henry, slightly leaning on it so one hand could be on Henry's shoulder because he could tell he felt so awkward during this.

Chanyeol tried to say something but he was silenced by a hard glare from Lu Han.

“Uncle Teukkie, Uncle Kangin, will you please try to explain everything to Chanyeol. And Chanyeol you are to look at your parents while they speak.”

Chanyeol couldn’t fight Lu Han so he did turn to his parents, and that’s when he saw it. Leeteuk was a complete mess, still crying his eyes and heart out and Kangin was actually crying some too. And he hardly cried.

“Chanyeol,” Kangin got started talking to Chanyeol so Leeteuk would have some time to get himself together. “We do not love you any less than if you were or weren’t ours by blood. To us, you are our blood and we have a bond that can’t be broken. We have raised you since you were 5 months old or so, you have never known anyone but us. We love you Chanyeol with all of our hearts. We…”

But he was stopped by a hand on his arm as he looked to see it did belong to his husband, and Chanyeol’s umma.

“Kangin,” Leeteuk’s voice sounded very broken, “I can’t take it from here.”

He nodded and waited to see what he would say.

“You may hate us for this Chayeol but we still love you. I’m sorry I couldn’t be like Uncle Wookie, where he was able to actually conceive and give birth to Sehun, but seeing you grow up since you were a baby,” he started to get tears in his eyes again, “it feels like I have. You’re our baby boy, and we love you to death and would be devastated to see you leave us. I am sure you appa would be to but I know I would probably fall apart.”

Leeteuk finally looked up at Chanyeol and was shocked. He was in tears!

“Oh Chanyeol, I didn’t mean to make you cry baby boy.”

“Why?”

It was soft, a simple question he directed toward his parents.

“Why what baby?”

He looked at them, both seeing that broken look in his eyes but also one they couldn’t describe.

“Why did you decide to tell me now?”

“We honestly thought that you might have started to suspect something was up, but I see we were wrong with that,” Kangin answered first.

Leeteuk answered next.

“And we also thought that the sooner we could tell you the less upset towards us you would be. Like if we waited till you were 10 or 16 or something like that that you would hate us so much and…and…” Leeteuk started to cry as he finished saying the last word.

“Leave.”

Chanyeol finally walked over to them, “I’m sorry umma, appa. I guess you had my best intentions in mind and I just over reacted.”

Leeteuk wrapped his arms around the boy, pulling him close. “Oh my sweetie, its ok. You have every right to be upset because you grew up believing one thing and you found out that was just a lie. You have all the right to be mad, though it did see a bit much for someone at your age,” he added, causing everyone including Chanyeol to chuckle a bit.

“Do you forgive us, baby?”

“Ne, appa. I’m still upset over it but I am so glad to know that you still love me for me and I still love you as if you were my birth parents. And you technically are, you’ve almost had me since birth.”

Everyone in the room was smiling now and Chanyeol finally gave hugs and kisses to him umma and appa. Then he went over to Zhou Mi and Henry to apologize for his actions and what he said. They told him they understood and he moved on to the hardest person in the room it seemed, his best friend, Lu Han.

“Lulu, I am sooooo sorry. I shouldn’t have said that about Uncle Henry, I was so blinded by my sadness and pain, and I lashed out at you too. You know better than anyone how it feels to be taken in with a strangers love like Uncle Henry. And you just meet him and my parents have been with me the past 4 years, so it did hurt more but….”

Chanyeol looked down but was more than shocked when he felt strong arms wrap around him in a small, tight hug.

“It’s ok Channie. Im glad you came to yourself and forgave them. I would have been more upset and mad if you didn’t, but you did. And I think that makes you unique than me and Sehun.”

“How?”

“Sehunnie’s parents are both related to him by blood. I have one blood parent and one not. You have both non blood parents and you can’t even tell! That’s so special!”

Zhou Mi finally spoke up since this started, and it was for him and Henry.

“It’s something that is hard to do Chanyeol, even if you’re older. Once you find out your adopted, most kids would still resent their parents and hate them. You are just upset with them still but happy to be theirs and to be loved by them for so long and as their own. Henry and I are both so proud of you for that.”

“Both you boys as so mature for just being 4, almost 5, years old,” Henry added.

Everyone cracked up. It was all back to normal, or close to normal.

And within the next few weeks, everything did eventually go back to normal now, but minus the fact that Kangin and Leeteuk didn’t have to hide the fact he was adopted from their son.

 

Their sun.

_____________________________________________________

Ok i am so sorry it took more than what i said it would. i said sunday but its thursday almost friday. i am sooo sorry i have just been busy with my new job, im a teachers assitant for 15 moth olds to 2 year olds. its very...taxing and exhausting. i hope this is good as a come back even if it is short. 

i promise, next chapter its gonna get heated up again in every way possible! :O oooo lol

but enjoy and feel free to leav a comment again i am sooooooooooooooooooooo super sorry for that lateness. ill try to be quicker and type parts up on my phone if i can.