And get in the water.

Of Dragons, Pandas, and Insanity.

Luhan, Xiumin, ((Sehun, taoris, hunhan)). 957 words.

Xiumin sits in one corner under a gigantic sun umbrella which filters colourful light to the ground. The white deck chair is too big for him, three, nearly four times his body size, and the ducky towel he has wrapped around him bunches up around his feet, trailing from the chair down to the tiled floor.

 

In front of him, not too far away, Tao takes his first cautious steps into the shallow kiddie pool, arms wrapped around Kris’s left leg so tightly Kris can’t even move properly.  Little ripples fan out from Tao’s wriggling toes, and larger waves from Kris’s feet. He looks like a giant beside Tao, since the boy barely reaches even mid-thigh.

 

Xiumin sniffles a little and watches Luhan spray Sehun with water yet again. Sehun’s delighted shrieks fill the pool area and he plops down onto his backside after slipping one too many times. Luhan keeps on splashing Sehun, black hair plastered to his forehead and the sides of his face. Ankle-deep water folds over Sehun’s thighs and his attempts to splash Luhan back fail and flop back into the clear water pathetically.

 

Xiumin shudders. There’s no way he’s going inside the pool. He hates the water with a passion that nearly equals to his dislike for being called ‘baozi’.

 

“Baozi!” Luhan trips over Sehun and they both fall to the water in a messy tangle. “Come on!”

 

Xiumin ignores his overenthusiastically annoying brother and busies himself with making a sheep towel-head thing that Chen had taught him to do the other day with a smaller towel. After a few tries where the ends manage to unbundle themselves out of the roll and he accidentally gets splashed by Sehun (he hisses like a wet cat and retreats further up his deck chair), he succeeds and slips the crooked thing askew onto his head.

 

He pouts and crosses his arms to create a barrier between him and Luhan, who’s starting to try to stand for the sole purpose of pulling Xiumin into the water.

 

“Xiu...Min...Bao- guh!” Luhan trips over the steps leading out of the pool and falls flat onto his stomach with a resounding and sickening splat. Little splashes and waves ripple from his unmoving body over to Sehun, who giggles loudly and topples over backwards to lie down in the depthless water.

 

“Water angel!” He shouts out to nobody, and violently shifts his arms up and down and his legs side to side to create his own mini-tsunamis.

 

Xiumin tilts his head a little to observe Luhan, fully expecting him to rise up any time soon. After all, he’s the best at swimming, and he always falls down, so he should be pretty used to pain.

 

But Luhan doesn’t move. He just stays there, stomach brushing the bottom of the pool floor as he bobs to and fro like a cork on water.

 

“Luhannie?” Xiumin starts to move now, slowly edging his way to the end of the deck chair, peering over at his fallen comrade from his island of dryness and safety and non-pool waterness.

 

Xiumin starts to panic now, cold sweat breaking out across his forehead and back, sending his heart thumping fast, heavy beats. He scrambles down from his comfort zone, across the tiles to the edge of the pool. Luhan’s lying face down not too far away, but still too far away.

 

“Luhan!” Xiumin shouts.

 

Still nothing.

 

Xiumin looks around frantically for Kris or Suho or anyone not too preoccupied to help, but everyone’s either too far away or too busy. And Sehun doesn’t even count.

 

After a few seconds of desperate head turning, Xiumin stills and glares down into the mirror-like surface.

 

It’s just water, he mumbles to himself, already extending a small foot out. Water.

 

Xiumin squeezes his eyes shut and takes his first unsure step into the swimming pool. The cold, cold water envelopes his toes first, greedily absorbing all his warmth and he gasps in shock, fighting the impulse to retreat immediately.

 

And then, suddenly, hands are on the two buns of cloth at both sides of his head, guiding him forward slowly and firmly.

 

“Wha-“

 

“Shhh.” Luhan says, right in front of him, and Xiumin can hear the smile in his voice.

 

A wind blows, and Xiumin feels Luhan’s hands shiver through the two buns. He opens his eyes to peek, but Luhan’s pulled the front of the head towel over his eyes.

 

Xiumin pouts, the tension and panic sliding out of him as Luhan leads him along and he follows unthinkingly. Step after step after step, until he’s used to the temperature and the water hugs his ankles snugly.

 

“I thought you were drowning.”

 

“I held my breath.”

 

“Not fair. Didn’t falling hurt?”

 

“Nope.” Luhan grins and pulls Xiumin forward by the sheep buns to give him two wet pecks on both his cheeks. “I’m proud of you. You went into the water to save me.”

 

Xiumin grumbles and lets Luhan coo over him (specifically, his reddening cheeks) a little while more until he feels something kicking at his ankles.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan admonishes.

 

Xiumin pulls up the part of the towel covering his eyes and peers down at the chortling boy.

 

“Bad boy. I’m gonna getcha.” Xiumin growls and allows his knees to give way and he falls onto half of Sehun, hands immediately going to the sides of his stomach and the base of his neck, tickling him until the water around them churns and froths.

 

“Water pile!” Chanyeol shrieks from the other end of the pool and soon after, the sounds of body painfully hitting water resonate around the pool as Chanyeol trips and falls.

 

“Next time, then.” Luhan giggles as he collapses onto both of Xiumin and Sehun.

************

SCREAMS BABY DON'T CRY INTO EXO'S FACES TODAY WAS RLLY EMOTIONAL IM CRY EVERYONE'S CRY

/coughs/

yas i hope this chapter was o(◡‿◡✿)

 Thank you so much to Missfreak, battleroyal, RiHan717, kpopluver98, demetria, amyra961, chenzi, and nightlife6081 for upvoting!

And thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented! :D

(im just gonna promote my new fic right here ((it has schlongs in it)) thank)

peace out