But heal using sugar.

Of Dragons, Pandas, and Insanity.

Kris + Sehun, Luhan, Chen, 1020 words. Related to chapter 19 ^^

A bead of sweat trickles down the side of Kris’s forehead, but he barely notices it. Instead, his attention is completely focused on the flashing screen in front of him. From the speakers a nonstop stream of screaming and shrieking dying monsters pulse out and, even though Kris has the volume set to low, it seeps into all the corners of the entire house.

 

Like all kids are, Chen seems particularly attracted to the violence playing out in the living room. Casually, he strolls past the table where Kris is seated, subtly craning his neck to see what he’s doing.

 

Kris’s fingers move like lightning over the laptop keys as he violently clicks away on his mouse faster than any normal human being. He’s completely oblivious to Chen’s interest and his presence. His entire being is focused on the flashing lights of his computer game.

 

Chen walks past and goes into the kitchen in the pretence of finding a healthy snack (he announces it to Kris, but gets nothing in response). His eyebrows furrow as another wave of horrible growls and groans reverberate around the room. He shudders. Whatever game is that, he has no idea why his dad’s playing it.

 

Chen’s gaze wanders to the jar of cookies on the near shelf, easily reachable if he gets that stool over by the corner.

 

“Hmm.” The rusty cogs in his brain slowly start to creak into action. A few seconds later, a great realisation hits him.

 

I can take all the cookies I want!

 

And so, he does.

 

***

 

Kris doesn’t even hear the dragging of the stool in the kitchen or the muffled cackling Chen emits. He doesn’t even notice the crinkling of the baking paper around the chocolate chip cookies or the various thuds and squeaks the cupboard doors make when Chen pulls them open to find his favourite Barney plastic mug.

 

In fact, he only notices when Chen nonchalantly walks out with a cup of milk in his hand and several circular-shaped suspicious items stuffed down the front of his shirt.

 

But another wave of Undead floods his screen and he curses softly under his breath as his health and mana start to rapidly deplete.

 

So, Kris calmly lets Chen slink away, shedding crumbs that he’ll probably remember to clean sometime after Suho does when he comes home from work.

 

And the last of the Undead dies with a guttural screech as his warriors slash it to death with their tiny digital pixelated swords. He leans back in his creaking chair with a contented smile and laces his fingers across the back of his head. All is right in the world.

 

He yawns and lazily watches his warriors respawn in their camp, one ear partially listening to Sehun shuffling out of his room to the playroom, where he assumes Luhan is. Sehun whines and says something in his baby talk, and Kris giggles at how cute he sounds when he’s sleepy.

 

Chen’s evil chortles reach his ears from the next room and he frowns a little because what did Chen take from the kitchen to get him so excited it better be an apple or- hOLY Sehun is screaming. SEHUN IS SCREAMING. Horror twists deep low in his heart and cold chills travel down his back at the heart-wrenching, painful sound.

 

He hears Luhan shriek Sehun’s name over and over again and that jolts him up from his seat, game not forgotten but set aside for now as he stumbles towards the playroom, grabbing the conveniently-placed jar of ointment on the nearby shelf and desperately hoping that that will be all he needs.

 

He sprints around the corner into the playroom, slipping on a discarded crayon drawing but managing to regain his balance anyway. Sehun wails his heart out into the floor while Luhan cries along, pawing at Sehun’s side while begging him for forgiveness.

 

Kris kneels down to them and picks Sehun up, though Luhan never lets go of his grip on Sehun’s ankle, to inspect him for injuries.

 

“Sehunnie can you tell me where it hurts?” Kris coos while trying to pry Sehun’s balled fists away from his eyes as the kid continues crying and sniffling.  “Baby tell me where it hurts.” Kris gently runs his fingers through Sehun’s thin fringe, hastily pulling back his hand when Sehun winces and tears gather in his eyes again. Carefully parting Sehun’s hair reveals the source of the pain, an angry-looking red bump near his hairline and painfully white around the edges.

 

“It-it hu-h-hur…” Sehun chokes out through his crying. Luhan sobs along, still holding on to Sehun’s ankle to comfort both himself and Sehun.

 

Relief douses the fire of anxiety in Kris’s heart when he checks for signs of concussion or anything dangerous and finds none. He sighs and uncaps the half-used bottle of medicine. “Luhan, it’s not your fault ok?” He coats Sehun’s bump evenly with a thin layer of the cooling salve. “Sehunnie’s ok now.”

 

Sehun huffs. “No, he- he’s not!” He hiccups. “Not ok!” He rubs the last of his tears away from his drying face.

 

Kris pats his back reassuringly. “All better now, ok?” He lays Sehun down onto a large pile of plush toys well away from everything hard and possibly harmful.

 

After a few more minutes of needless fussing, Kris leaves the weeping duo alone to sort out their problems while he heads back to his game. Chen skulks past him unnoticed again, the lumps under his shirt now lessened. He heads straight for the playroom to discreetly pass two cookies to Sehun and Luhan, who accept it with many hugs and kisses. Sehun seems to have gotten rapidly better in a mere minute and Luhan rapidly worse. Chen blames it on the lack of sugar and he wisely tells them that when he hands over the sweet treats.

 

He even sneaks a cookie onto Kris’s lap, when what sounds like the death of all his warriors warble out through the speakers and he looks like he’s been slapped across the face.

 

Chen blames it on the lack of sugar.

************

I've had this as a draft for quite a while now so I just decided to get it over with finally :D My dad kept on playing Diablo or WoW or Starcraft or something and it was really annoying e_e

eugh it's 3am here i can't english very well forgive all mistakes thank

Thanks to JaziMoon, AleenaCakes, Starz711, 2seop-Himup-Chenmin, -puppyjjongie, jongyi, Sinner, selly_137, KawaiiMaria, xODarkMistOx, Secrettimeexoticbabyz, KyuMinFever, gukkiescrotch, chingu_wave, likechickenlikeonew, hojyasynamelia, RikkuKasai, MadGenie, SHINHYUNKI, propertyofexo, yellowishearts, boyfriendisthebest, letsflyyy, bangtannboys, maknae_voldemin, EXOangels12, roserika, JungKookBaby, and Hunteris5000 for upvoting! Also thanks for subscribing and commenting it really encourages me thank you so much :D

aND NOW, a poll

I know I tend to ignore some ships more than others but I'm trying to level everything out T^T this would really be helpful yes thank

coughskrishobackstorycoughs

!edit 21/9/13! this can be a really early birthday present for Chen too i guess exams are coming up so no time to do anything T^T