KyuMin or YunMin?

My Adorable Bodyguard

 

Sungmin was pacing back and forth inside his room as Kyuhyun’s words kept on echoing inside his mind. He don’t know why he kissed the younger back. He doesn’t know why he did not hurt him for kissing him that way. He can’t understand why his heart was beating madly on his chest and felt shivers ran up his spines when Kyuhyun was claiming his lips. Why does he even blushed, stutters, and become speechless when Kyuhyun is around? He cannot understand what he is currently feeling for Kyuhyun. Heck! He is even starting to get confused with his emotions. He sighed in annoyance and let his body fall on the bed with a soft thump. He stared blanky at the ceiling and suddenly cursed when the image of Kyuhyun’s smirk appear. He closed his eyes and images of Kyuhyun are still all he’s seeing. 
 
 
“What is happening to me?!” Sungmin groaned. He sat up from the bed and grabbed his phone lazily when he heard it’s ringing. He did not even looked at the caller ID as he answered it. “Hello?”
 
 
“Are you okay, Sungmin?” It was Yunho. Honestly, Sungmin is not okay. But if he will tell Yunho that he’s not fine, he knows he’ll ask why, and he doesn’t want to tell him that Kyuhyun is the reason. He don’t want to tell him that he’s starting to get confused with himself, and his preference, all because of Kyuhyun’s actions.
 
 
“I saw what happened.” Sungmin heard Yunho said on the other line. He can only managed to say, “Oh.” as a reply.
 
 
“Sungmin,you can always tell me anything that’s bothering you. I’m always here. And please let me know if that Kyuhyun tried to harass you again. I swear I’m going to teach him a lesson for touching you that way-“
 
 
“I’m fine, Yunho. Thanks for your concern. But really, I can handle myself.” Sungmin cut him.
 
 
“Are you sure?” Sungmin can hear the worry in Yunho’s tone.
 
 
“Yes. I am sure. Thanks again, Yunho.”
 
 
“Okay. See you then. If anything, I’m just a call away.” Yunho replied before ending the call. Sungmin threw himself again on the bed and closed his eyes. He then touched his necklace and gently pulled it out from his shirt. He kissed the two rings on it and whispered, “I wish you were here so I know what is happening to me. I’m starting to get confused.”
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“YOU WHAT?!”
 
 
“OH MY GOODNESS! YOU KISSED HIM?”
 
 
“HOW CAN YOU DO THAT?”
 
 
Kyuhyun blocked his ears with his hands angrily after hearing Changmin, Jungmin, and Jaejoong’s reaction when he told them what he did to Sungmin. He was not expecting those kind of response from them actually. The three continues to make him feel guilty with what he had done.
 
 
“WILL YOU GUYS JUST SHUT UP?!” Kyuhyun shouted and the three immediately became quiet. Heechul was just watching them in amusement. “Okay. I kissed him and I don’t even feel guilty about it. I even find his lips addictive. I’m going crazy while trying to control myself when he’s so close to me.”
 
 
“Why not take him? It’s too simple for you to do that, Kyuhyun. No one can resist you.” Jungmin adviced and smirked evilly, which Changmin find it too scary compared to Heechul and Kyuhyun.
 
 
“I can if only I could.” Kyuhyun replied to which he earned a puzzled look from his friends. “I can do it to anyone, but not with Sungmin. I’m afraid to hurt him, and there’s even something that keeps on telling me to protect him. He keeps on telling me that he’s straight, but after what happened, I have a little hope that soon he will give in to me. I even told him that I’m willing to wait. I adore him too much that I cannot afford to take advantage of him.”
 
 
“Wow! I sense a hopeless romantic Kyuhyun here that it’s making me puke.” Heechul mocked him.
 
 
Kyuhyun shot a glare towards Heechul. “Just shut up, Heechul!”
 
 
“It’s Heechul hyung for you, you hopeless romantic brat. I never thought that I’ll be seeing you like this again after what happened between you and-“
 
 
Kyuhyun angrily grabbed Heechul’s collar and glared at him. Jungmin and Jaejoong immediately tried to stop the two, while Changmin kept on distracting the crowd of people at the bar by acting cute. 
 
 
“Didn’t I tell you to shut up?! Don’t bring out that cheater’s name in our conversation ever again!” Kyuhyun hissed and Heechul doesn’t seemed to be threatened by him.
 
 
“Why? What can you do to me? It’s making me scared, Kyuhyun.” He mocked Kyuhyun again and he smirked when he saw the fire in the younger’s eyes. Suddenly, Kyuhyun threw a punch on his cheek and everyone was shocked after witnessing what just happened. Heechul, who was surprised from the blow, wiped the blood from the corner of his lips and punched Kyuhyun too. Punches and kicks were witnessed between the two, while Jungmin and Jaejoong got tired from trying to stop them and just settled on watching their two friends fight. Changmin and the rest of the crowd inside the bar kept on cheering and enjoying the fight. But a sound of a gunshot freezed them all.
 
 
“This is the police.” 
 
 
“Okay. We’re doomed again.” Changmin murmured.
 
 
“I suggest that our friends at the police station should make a welcome party for us, or any sort of that since we keep on visiting them all the time.” Jungmin muttered while examining his fingers and blowing air at them.
 
 
“Oh! I’m excited to see Mr. Detective again. This is going to be fun.” Jaejoong added while watching the police dragged both Heechul and Kyuhyun towards the police car, and the three of them were escorted by the other police.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Sungmin was woken up from his slumber by the continuous ringing of his phone. It was Yunho again. “Yes? Anything?”
 
 
“Kyuhyun is at the police station again with his friends.” Yunho replied and Sungmin shot up from his bed immediately.
 
 
“What happened? Is he alright?” Sungmin asked in worry.
 
 
“He got into a fight with one of his friends. He’s fine, but with small bruises on his face and body. Are you coming to the police station?”
 
 
“I’ll be there in half an hour.” Sungmin replied and ended the call. He went to the bathroom to fix himself before hurriedly going out of the room and running towards his car. He did not even hear Mr. Cho calling his name as his mind is preoccupied with Kyuhyun.
 
 
When he arrived at the police station, he saw Yunho waiting for him at the entrance. “Where is he?” He immediately asked him.
 
 
Yunho grabbed Sungmin’s hand and led him towards the room where Kyuhyun and his friends were currently being questioned. If his mind is not preoccupied with thoughts about Kyuhyun, he could’ve pulled his hand from Yunho’s hold, but he did not. “We are trying to reconcile them but it’s useless. They are avoiding each other and even throwing insults which is not so good to hear.”
 
 
Kyuhyun turned his head towards the door and felt his blood boil when he saw Sungmin enter the room with someone holding his hand. He fisted both of his hands and gritted his teeth in anger. Sungmin, who saw the angry look at Kyuhyun’s eyes, slowly pulled his hand from Yunho’s and walked towards him.
 
 
“What is Mr. Detective’s relationship with Sungmin? Why are they holding hands?” Kyuhyun heard Jaejoong mumbled. He can sense jealousy in Jaejoong’s tone and it irritates him.
 
 
“Kyuhyun? A-are you okay? What happened?” Sungmin asked him softly.
 
 
He chuckled in annoyance. “Oh! I am fine, my bodyguard. No need to worry. I just had an awesome fight with Heechul and it’s not a big deal. You can go now and continue flirting with that detective over there or tell my dad what happened. It’s really nothing-“
 
 
“What did you just say? I am flirting with Yunho?” Sungmin asked him in disbelief.
 
 
‘Yunho? Where did I even hear that name?’ Kyuhyun thought and memory of Sungmin talking to someone on the phone after he got drunk flashed in Kyuhyun’s mind. He did not answer Sungmin’s question, instead he eyed the detective who is currently standing beside the door, looking at them. Their gazes met, and both can feel a sense of rivalry between them for Sungmin’s heart. Their eyes spoke words that only the two of them can understand.
 
 
‘Sungmin will be mine.’ Kyuhyun tries sending the message by staring at Yunho’s eyes intently.
 
 
Yunho smirked at him and mouthed, “I’m watching you, Cho Kyuhyun.”
 
 
“Hey! I’m talking to you.” Sungmin called Kyuhyun’s attention after he noticed the younger and Yunho sending daggers through their eyes towards each other.
 
 
Kyuhyun got up from his seat and headed towards Heechul’s side and offered his hand for a shake. Heechul gladly took it and they both started laughing, and soon Jungmin, Jaejoong, and Changmin follwed them. Sungmin was dumbfounded and he looked at Yunho questioningly, but the latter only shrugged his shoulder.
 
 
“If the police didn’t interfere, we could’ve finished that awesome action scene.” Changmin exclaimed after calming himself from laughing.
 
 
Heechul wrapped his left arm around Kyuhyun’s shoulder as he playfully punched the younger’s chest. “You almost ruin my beautiful face. I swear Hangeng would kill you if he finds out.” And they both chuckled.
 
 
“W-what do you mean?” Sungmin finally asked after feeling like he got fooled by Kyuhyun and his friends.
 
 
“We are just actually releasing some stress. It’s normal for us to punch and kick each other then become friends after that.” Jaejoong answered.
 
 
“WHAT?! And here I am worrying about you all. Oh my God! I don’t know what I got myself into.” Sungmin exclaimed in frustration.
 
 
Kyuhyun approached the pouting Sungmin and the latter was surprised when he felt Kyuhyun backhugged him. He stand still as Kyuhyun softly nuzzled his nose at his nape. Sungmin bit his lips as he felt his knees weakened and his heart became tachycardic with Kyuhyun’s action. He blushed when he noticed Changmin and the rest watching them in amusement. But he did not notice the way Yunho looked at them with jealousy.
 
 
“Let’s go home. I’m tired.” Kyuhyun said in a soft voice, and Sungmin can only nod his head. Kyuhyun let him go and smiled cheekily at him before grabbing his hand and dragging him outside the room, ignoring Yunho’s glare towards him.
 
 
They were about to go out of the police station, when they heard someone’s calling Sungmin’s name. They turned around and saw a handsome man approaching Sungmin with a fishy grin. “Hyung, I’m glad to see you here. Can I talk to you for a while?” The man said before noticing Kyuhyun’s glare at him. He smiled nervously before looking at Sungmin again. “In private.” Sungmin turned his head towards Kyuhyun as if asking for his permission. Kyuhyun can only groaned in annoyance as he let go of Sungmin’s hand.
 
 
“Wait for me here. I’ll drive you home. This will not take a long time.” Sungmin assured him and Kyuhyun can’t complain anymore. He can only watched Sungmin’s back as he walked beside the man while talking about something.
 
 
“Tsk! I see too many rivals for our Kyuhyunnie here. It’s going to be a tough competition.” Heechul exclaimed in excitement.
 
 
“I don’t care. I know I will win in this.” Kyuhyun said confidently.
 
 
“But it makes me wonder how come Sungmin is friends with that Mr. Detective? And who is that guy that stole Sungmin away from Kyuhyun this time? They seemed to get in and out of this police station comfortably. It seems like they belong here. There’s something fishy going on around here.” Jaejoong said while thinking deeply.
 
 
“You mean the guy that stole Sungmin away from Kyuhyun looks like a fish. But he’s hot. A certified hot fish!” Jungmin muttered dreamily.
 
 
“Oh! Please stop drooling.” Changmin said in disgust. “Why do I have to be friends with erts and gays?”
 
 
“Are you complaining, Changmin?” Heechul threatened him.
 
 
“I am definitely not complaining.” Changmin immediately answered.
 
 
“Why don’t we investigate about them? I mean, we can spy about them.” Kyuhyun said out of the blue, and Jaejoong arched his brows towards him.
 
 
“Stalk them, you mean.” Jaejoong corrected him, and Kyuhyun nodded. “Why don’t you just ask Sungmin about who he really is? That would save a lot of time and effort in stalking them. And what would Sungmin’s reaction if he finds out?”
 
 
“Do you think Sungmin will tell me? He got a lot of secrets that I wanted to find out but he hides it very well. Even if we will bet about him telling his secrets to us, we will lose. There’s no harm in trying this. And besides, we haven’t had fun for a long time now.” Kyuhyun explained.
 
 
“But what if he’s hiding something that will hurt you? Are you willing to accept those consequences and will your feelings for him stay the same?” Heechul asked him.
 
 
Kyuhyun paused to think for awhile. Heechul is right. What if he finds out something about Sungmin that would hurt him? Is he ready for that? There are a lot of things that he wanted to know about Sungmin. He wanted to know who he really is. He wanted to know what was his job before becoming his bodyguard. He wanted to know who’s Sungmin’s girlfriend. He wanted to know what are Sungmin’s hobby, what he likes, what he hates. Everything about Sungmin, he wanted to know. He sighed before answering Heechul. “I’ll be ready for whatever I will find out about him.”
 
 
But Kyuhyun doesn’t have any idea that his father is being monitored by Sungmin. He doesn’t have any idea that Sungmin is the younger brother of the man who stole his first love away from him. He doesn’t have any idea what he’s about to face in finding Sungmin’s secret.