.

My Adorable Bodyguard

Sungmin checked his wristwatch and he heaved a sigh after knowing that it’s five in the morning already. He parked his car outside the Cho’s mansion and observed it’s surroundings. Nothing seemed unusual, except for a fact that he can see Yunho’s figure standing behind a streetlamp on the other side of the road. If he’s not an undercover or a detective, he will never notice the latter. He sighed again after thinking about the meeting that they had with their two seniors.

 
“This is going to be a complicated one.” Sungmin mumbled to himself.
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
“May I ask what is this mission all about?” Donghae asked curiously.
 
 
“It’s about our old friend, Mr. Cho.” Hyun Joong replied.
 
 
Sungmin arched his brows. “What about him?”
 
 
“I’ll explain to you.” Leeteuk begun and the others started to listen attentively. “We had a raid last week regarding some illegal transactions which involves some of the elite people in our country. Eunhyuk and Junsu managed to interrogate one of the suspects and unfortunately, Cho Younghwan’s name was mentioned. The suspect told them that Mr. Cho is behind all of those things. But what puzzles us is that just yesterday, Hyun Joong was being contacted by Younghwan, informing him about the threats that he is receiving.”
 
 
“I went into his files this morning and one of our officers here is currently investigating Mr. Cho, but none of those pieces of information that we had gathered would point out that he’s involved in those illegal transactions.” Hyun Joong added. “Unless, if we talk about his divorce, which doesn’t make any sense at all.”
 
 
“So, it’s either the suspect that Eunhyuk and Junsu had interrogated was lying, or Cho Younghwan is making some alibis to make himself look innocent and hid those evidences that we needed.” Letteuk continued. “This is why I need both of Sungmin and Yunho’s help. Sungmin is currently doing his job as the bodyguard of Younghwan’s son, which makes it easier for him to gather some information regarding this mission. While I need Yunho’s help in monitoring Mr. Cho’s actions and whereabouts. But I’m afraid that we won’t be able to solve this if the two of you is not on good terms.”
 
 
“I don’t have any problems in doing this mission with Sungmin.” Yunho said before looking at Sungmin who just ignored him. “I think it’s Sungmin who has a problem in working with me. You can give me another partner, or vice versa.” He suggested.
 
 
“No.” Hyun Joong replied authoritatively. “None of you will change partners. I have seen how the two of you had worked in the past, and I know I can count on the two of you again this time. Solve whatever problems you’re having in this place right now. I will not allow the two of you to go out from this place unless you are not able to solve whatever conflicts you are having.” With that said, Hyun Joong and Leeteuk got up from their seats and started to leave.
 
 
“What about me?” Donghae pointed to himself while pouting.
 
 
Leeteuk smiled at his little brother’s action. He went to his side and ruffled his hair. “Oh! You are to monitor these two’s actions and immediately report it to us. You will also be included in Eunhyuk’s team from now on.”
 
 
Donghae beamed upon hearing Leeteuk’s words. He felt excited after knowing that he’s going to be with his ultimate crush! He hurriedly followed both Leeteuk and Hyun Joong outside the office, leaving Sungmin and Yunho alone.
 
 
There was a moment of silence, before Sungmin decided to leave. He turned the knob, and he cursed loudly upon realizing that it was locked.
 
 
“I’m sorry, Sungmin hyung! But you two are not allowed to go out of that room unless you two are friends again!” Donghae shouted from outside. Sungmin sighed and just stood there glaring at the locked door.
 
 
“It won’t open if you continue to glare at that poor door like that.” Yunho said before lying on the couch and closed his eyes. “If I were you, you should start talking to me in a civilized way so that we can get out from this office. But if I have to choose, I want to be with you in a trapped place like this.”
 
 
Sungmin snapped his head and glared at Yunho. “Civilized? Please. It’s always you who starts to irritate me everytime we meet. So don’t blame me for behaving in an uncivilized way.”
 
 
Yunho opened his eyes and turned to look at Sungmin. “How many times do I need to apologize to you so that you will forgive me? It’s been a year Sungmin. It’s been a ing year and I am silently hurt with what you are doing to me. I know it’s my fault, and I keep on blaming myself each and every day that I woke up. If only I could turn back the time and wished that it was me who died in that freaking car accident instead, then you could’ve been happier today and enjoying your life as a married man.”
 
 
Sungmin felt the words that he wanted to say to Yunho was caught in his throat as he saw the latter’s eyes glistening with tears. He felt guilty for hurting his former best friend’s feelings because of what happened in the past. He trusted Yunho and they were the best of friends and when it comes to solving crimes, they are the best partners. But because of what happened on the day of Sungmin’s wedding, he hated Yunho.
 
 
“I had loved you since the day that we became partners, and my feelings for you gets stronger each day that we are together. I wanted to confess to you, but I was afraid that it would ruin our friendship. But before your wedding day, I told you what I truly felt for you, without expecting from you in return. What I was actually expecting is for you to kicked me out of your life, get disgusted of me, or punched me in the face.” Yunho said as he let the tears fall from his eyes freely while staring at the ceiling. He chuckled and then inhaled deeply. “But you didn’t do any of those. Instead, you apologize. That’s enough for me. I promised myself that I would walked out of your life after your wedding day, so I agreed on your idea of fetching your lucky bride at her house and be her in walking down the aisle. But we did not make it to the church because of the accident. I really wished that it was me who died instead of her. I’m sorry for taking her away from you.”
 
 
“I-I’m sorry.” Sungmin choked out. Tears started to fall down his eyes and he wanted to comfort Yunho but he felt ashamed after what he had done to his former best friend.
 
 
“Don’t be.” Yunho got up from the couch and wiped his tears before approaching Sungmin and enveloping him in a hug. “It’s my entire fault. I should’ve stopped her from shielding my body from the impact. I’m so sorry, Sungmin.”
 
 
Sungmin shook his head. “No. It’s my fault. I’m sorry for blaming you. I know it’s an accident but I can’t help but to keep on blaming you and myself all the time. I’m really really sorry, Yunho.”
Yunho smiled and gently cupped Sungmin’s face. “D-does it mean that y-you’re considering me as your best friend again?”
 
 
Sungmin nodded and hugged Yunho again. He felt something heavy in his heart disappeared after seeing Yunho’s bright smile. He can almost say that he had finally moved on.
 
 
“Thank you.” Yunho exclaimed happily as tears fell again from his eyes and hugged Sungmin again. “You don’t have any idea how much I miss being like this to you.”
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
 
Sungmin grabbed his phone before typing a message and sending it to Yunho’s number. He smiled to himself as he got out from his car and pushed the doorbell. He was expecting that it was Siwon or Shindong who will open the gate for him, but it turns out to be Kyuhyun with an angry look on his face.
 
 
“G-good morning.” Sungmin tried to ignore the piercing look that Kyuhyun is giving him as he tried to get passed the younger. But Kyuhyun pulled his arms.
 
 
“Where have you been?” Sungmin swear that the anger he’s seeing in Kyuhyun’s eyes is making his knees weak in nervousness.
 
 
“I…. I stayed at my friend’s house.” Sungmin lied while his heart was beating crazily.
 
 
“Really? You told me that you are going out in the middle of the night because you wanted to buy something. Do you think you can fool me? And here you are, telling me another lie that you stayed at your friend’s house. Tell me the truth, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun was so angry that he tightened his hold on Sungmin’s arm.
 
 
“K-kyuhyun, you’re hurting my arm.” Sungmin tried to free his hold from younger’s tight grip.
 
 
“Tell me the truth!” Kyuhyun growled.
 
 
Sungmin became irritated. Seriously, why is Kyuhyun acting this way towards him? He can go out whenever he wants and with whoever he wanted. Heck! He is even free to do whatever he wants. “What’s wrong with you? I’m telling you that I stayed at my friend’s house. I don’t need to explain myself to you. I’m just your bodyguard!”
 
 
Sungmin was pushed towards the gate and Kyuhyun crushed his lips towards Sungmin’s. Sungmin was surprised while Kyuhyun was kissing him in a fierce way. He tried pushing the younger’s body, but Kyuhyun seemed to be stronger this time. Yunho, who has been observing the scene from afar, gritted his teeth in anger. He needed to control his emotions or else he will put both he and Sungmin’s life in danger.
 
 
Kyuhyun was biting Sungmin’s lips since the latter was not kissing him back nor opening his mouth. He then tasted blood from Sungmin’s lips that made him realize what he was doing. He was about to let Sungmin go, but was surprised when the latter started to kiss him back in a delicate way. He felt Sungmin wrapped his arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. He moaned and his gripped on Sungmin’s waist tightened, drawing him closer to his body. After they felt like they needed some oxygen, they let go from the kiss. The sight that welcomed Kyuhyun is enough to send his sanity away. Sungmin’s lips were swollen from their kiss and they were parted as Sungmin pants hard. He needed to control himself or else he may not be able to stop himself from claiming not only Sungmin’s lips, but his body as well.
 
 
“Lee Sungmin,” Kyuhyun whispered in a husky voice. “you don’t know how much you’re making me go crazy. You don’t have any idea what you are doing to me. Never leave this house again in the middle of the night, then come back in the morning. I don’t want other people to take advantage of you. You may be strong, but I don’t want you to be in danger. Because from now on, you are mine. Always remember that.”
 
 
“Why are you behaving like this?” Sungmin managed to asked after calming his heart. Kyuhyun Sungmin’s ear and bit it gently, earning a moan from the latter. 
 
 
“!” Kyuhyun groaned as he felt himself getting more aroused. “I like you, Lee Sungmin. But I don’t want to take you if you don’t feel the same way.”
 
 
Sungmin’s eyes widened and felt a different kind of emotion that he had never felt before. His mind can’t form any words that he wanted to tell Kyuhyun. The younger pecked his lips and Sungmin can’t still say anything to him.
 
 
“I’m willing to wait. I know someday you’ll fall for me too.” Kyuhyun said confidently and flashed Sungmin his famous smirk before walking away and leaving a speechless Sungmin behind.