Making Things Right

My Adorable Bodyguard

 

Sungmin grabbed his guitar and put it in its case before heading towards his car. He was planning to pay Sunny a visit and talk to her and sing the songs that he used to play for her. He saw Ryeowook outside the apartment and the latter seemed to be in a deep thought. He was planning to ignore him, but Ryeowook caught sight of him and called his name. 
 
 
“Can we talk?” Ryeowook asked only to be ignored by Sungmin, who put his guitar at the back of his car. “I heard your conversation with Yesung last night.”
 
 
Sungmin snapped his head towards Ryeowook’s direction. He saw the sadness and guilt written all over the latter’s face. He doesn’t want to be rude, but remembering his brother crying and the pain he’s feeling, he can’t help but start being sarcastic towards Ryeowook. 
 
 
“Really? And that made you feel guilty? What do you want to tell me right now? That you found out that I love Kyuhyun and will tell me to stay away from him? Guess what Ryeowook. I am doing it. Congratulations for being with him again. Be happy.” Sungmin said sarcastically before turning his back from Ryeowook.
 
 
“Sungmin, everything is just a misunderstanding.”
 
 
“Oh really?” Sungmin said mockingly as he opened his car’s door, ignoring Ryeowook’s words. “By the way, thanks for making my brother look like a fool. I can accept the pain I am going through right now because of Kyuhyun. But when it comes to my brother, I will never forgive the both of you. You are really a good actor, and I praise you for that. You played with his feelings and used him. When will you stop using him? When will you come to your senses and realized that hyung is a human too? He had never done anything wrong, except to love you honestly.”
 
 
Sungmin was about to step inside the car when Ryeowook grabbed his arm to stop him. “Listen to me, Sungmin. I admit that I used Yesung before but that was only to act as my lover. I never used him to heal my heart and get over with Kyuhyun. I love Yesung that’s why I accepted him to be my husband. Believe me. I really love him and I don’t want him to leave me.”
 
 
“Liar!” Sungmin yelled angrily. “I saw what happened in the parking lot and Kyuhyun told me that you came back to him. You never tell him that you are married to my brother already. You can fool anyone but not me, Ryeowook!” Sungmin yanked his left arm from Ryeowook’s grip before going inside his car and started the engine.
 
 
Ryeowook watched as Sungmin’s car disappeared and tears soon fell down his eyes. It was his entire fault. He felt so guilty and broken when he heard Yesung’s sob last night. Sungmin loves Kyuhyun and the latter saw them kissing at the parking lot. If only he did not respond to Kyuhyun. If only he pushed him away. If only he told him the whole truth from the start. Sungmin had misunderstood, but he can’t blame him. He responded to the kiss hoping that Kyuhyun won’t bug him anymore, but it turns out the opposite. Now all of them are suffering because of what he had done. He can’t look at his husband in the eyes for he felt guilty after kissing Kyuhyun and not telling him about their marriage. He doesn’t know what Yesung will do to him if he finds out. But he didn’t expected that it will make Yesung feel that he didn’t love him at all. He can’t live without Yesung. He may have overcome the heart ache he felt before because of Yesung’s love for him, but if his husband would leave him he doesn’t know how to go on with his life anymore. He grabbed his phone and dialed Kyuhyun’s number. He needed to end everything and make things right.
 
 
“Kyuhyun, I need to tell you something.”
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“Hey! How’s my sunshine? Sorry for visiting you just now.” Sungmin apologized as he grabbed his guitar before sitting beside Sunny’s grave. “To make it up to you, I will play our song.”
 
 
Sungmin tuned his guitar first, and when he was sure that it was already in tune, he started to play the song that he and Sunny loves to sing together. 
 
 
“I don’t know you but I want you all the more for that….” 
 
 
Sungmin started to sing and the words suddenly hit him. It was his and Sunny’s song, but Kyuhyun is all he can think about. From the first day that he saw him, he felt intimidated with how the way the younger looked at him, scrutinizing his looks. He hated him at first, but as the time goes by, he felt himself being drawn towards the younger. He kept on telling himself that he’s straight, that Sunny is only the girl he would love for the rest of his life. But Kyuhyun knows how to play his game well. He acted possessive towards him, jealous around Yunho, made him feel loved, and worst made him fall deeper for him. He fell in love with Kyuhyun slowly and deeper each and every day. He gave his all to him, trusting that Kyuhyun really do love him. He fell for the younger’s trap and now he doesn’t know how to escape anymore. If only his trainings in martial arts can help him escape the agonizing pain in his heart.
 
 
Sungmin swallow a hard lump on his throat before continuing the song. He closed his eyes and mentally apologizes to Sunny. He opened his eyes again when he thought he heard Sunny’s voice singing along with him. He paused when he felt a gentle breeze touch his cheeks. He his cheeks and that’s when he realized that he had been crying. He smiled as he grabbed the necklace on his neck.
 
 
“Thank you. Even now you still care for me. I miss you my sunshine. I wish you never left so I will not be like this. Sorry for messing up.” Sungmin whispered and again he felt the gentle breeze around him. “Oppa fell in love with a man.” He chuckled but his voice is full of sadness. 
 
 
“But he doesn’t love me back. He still loves his first love and here I am being thrown away after that first love showed up. Funny, right?” Sungmin faked a laugh. “I know you wanted me to be happy. But it’s hard, that’s why I finally decided to leave. I wanted to move on and be far away from this place that held a lot of memories I had with you and Kyuhyun. I will say goodbye to you for awhile and I promise to come back here once I totally move on. Tonight will be the last mission that I will do and after that I will go with Yesung hyung to America. I don’t know what will happen tonight, but I will do my best in this one.”
 
 
Sungmin stood up and removed the necklace around his neck and put it together with the flowers he had brought for Sunny. He grabbed his guitar before blowing a kiss in the air as if Sunny was there. The necklace had been a part of him but he needed to remove it so he will be able to start a new life. He won’t be able to do it if he’s surrounded with a lot of things that will remind him of his past. “Sunny, thank you for the wonderful memories. I will treasure them forever. I will always love you and you will always stay here forever.” Sungmin smiled as he touches his chest where his heart is located.
 
 
Sungmin closed his eyes as he felt the gentle breeze touched his cheeks and his lips. He can imagine Sunny caressing his cheeks and kissing his lips. He opened his eyes after a couple of seconds and then started to walk away from the place. He turned his head to look at Sunny’s grave again, before shouting, “Lee Sunkyu! I miss you! How about taking me with you instead?” Sungmin laughed and he swears if someone would hear him they would definitely think he’s crazy. It was just a joke but he somehow wanted it to happen. But using death as an escape would never save him. If he has the power to see Sunny right now, he can imagine how she will pout and yell at him for uttering those words. Sunny will definitely hate it.  “I was just kidding!” Sungmin shouted again before running towards his car. He will head towards his office to prepare for his last mission and also submit a resignation letter.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Kyuhyun sat inside the restaurant while waiting for Ryeowook to arrive. He wonders what Ryeowook will tell him that he can’t say during their phone conversation. He honestly wanted to just lock himself inside his room right now. He was not able to get any sleep since he last saw Sungmin, and the party that will be held at their house tonight is not even helping him to forget for awhile.  He was not even eager to see Ryeowook right now, for all he wanted to see was Sungmin. He misses him so badly but he had done a big mistake. He wanted to talk to him and assure him that he didn’t use him or anything. He loves Sungmin but Ryeowook still held a special place in his heart. He can’t love both of them and he needed to choose. But he can’t choose between them and it’s frustrating him.
 
 
Kyuhyun saw Ryeowook and was about to approach him when he saw Yesung following Ryeowook inside the restaurant with a gloomy expression. “What’s he doing here?” He asked himself.
 
 
Ryeowook grabbed Yesung’s hand and he felt his heart shattered when the latter tried to push Ryeowook’s hand away from him. “Yesung, please don’t do this to me.”
 
 
“Why did you drag me here?” Yesung asked coldly.
 
 
“I wanted to make everything right. I wanted to end all of this. It’s hurting me seeing you act towards me like this. I can’t live without you, Yesung. I love you so much. Please believe me.” Ryeowook replied pleadingly.
 
 
“Whatever, Ryeowook. Whatever you are going to do right now will be the last for me to witness from you. I’ll be leaving with Sungmin and that will be final.” 
 
 
“Yesung, please-“
 
 
“We meet again.” 
 
 
Ryeowook paused when he saw Kyuhyun approaching them and stood in front of Yesung. “Kyuhyun.”
 
 
Yesung tried to calm himself when he saw Kyuhyun in front of him. This guy had the guts to act calm after hurting his brother and ruining his relationship with Ryeowook. He doesn’t want to talk with Kyuhyun so he glanced at Ryeowook. “What is the meaning of this?”
 
 
“The way you talked to him is like a nagging and jealous boyfriend. Why are you even here, Yesung?” Kyuhyun asked.
 
 
Yesung glared at him. “I have all the rights to do that, for your information.” Yesung saw Kyuhyun arched his brows. “In case you still don’t know, I am not Ryeowook’s boyfriend. I am his husband. Ryeowook belongs to me now and you had to accept that fact.” Yesung felt proud of himself for being possessive towards Ryeowook that he can’t help but curved his lips into a smirk. 
 
 
Kyuhyun was speechless and he glanced at Ryeowook as if asking if everything he heard were all true. Ryeowook smiled at him apologetically when Yesung suddenly intertwined their fingers lifting it in Kyuhyun’s face so he will see the silver rings that symbolize their marriage.
 
 
“Are you contented now?” Yesung asked proudly.
 
 
“Kyuhyun, I’m so sorry. I was not able to tell you the whole truth from the start since you started kissing me.” Ryeowook said apologetically and he squeaks when he felt his hand being squeezed by his husband hardly. He looked at Yesung and he saw him staring back with jealousy and anger.
 
 
“But why did you kiss me back and never pushed me away?” Kyuhyun asked in confusion. He doesn’t know why but he suddenly felt relieved.
 
 
“That is because-“ Ryeowook tried to explain but he paused when Yesung let his hand go. He stared at Yesung questioningly.
 
 
“Okay. That’s it. I’m leaving.” Yesung muttered angrily, feeling defeated. He doesn’t want to hear Ryeowook’s explanation. If his husband will just tell Kyuhyun that he still loves him in front of him, he will just be embarrassed, broken, and maybe he will hurt them both. It will be best if he will just leave and let them have their own moment. He started to walk away but Ryeowook back hug him.
 
 
“Please stay. Don’t leave me like this. You have to listen first.” Ryeowook whispered in a pleading tone. Ryeowook doesn’t care if he’s starting to grabbed attention and people are starting to look at them weirdly. He doesn’t care if Kyuhyun is watching them in confusion. He doesn’t care about anything right now, for all he wanted was to make Yesung stay with him. He will not let the man who loves him unconditionally walk out of his life. He won’t let that happen.
 
 
“Wookie, please people are looking at us.” Yesung whispered as he tried to unhook Ryeowook’s arms around him. But the younger won’t let him go. He felt Ryeowook shook his head on his back.
 
 
“I don’t care. Let them watch and get jealous with us.” Ryeowook replied stubbornly. “And you’re calling me Wookie again.”
 
 
“Okay. I will stay here for awhile as you talk with Kyuhyun.” Yesung replied in defeat.
 
 
“No! You have to stay with me and listen to everything I will say to Kyuhyun.”
 
 
“Fine. Now let me go.” 
 
 
“Say you love me first.”
 
 
“No.”
 
 
“I won’t let you go, then.”
 
 
“Wookie, you’re so stubborn.”
 
 
“And you love me.” Ryeowook cooed.
 
 
Yesung sighed in defeat. “Yes. I love you so much, Kim Ryeowook! I love you. I love you but Kyuhyun-"
 
 
"Shh" Ryeowook put his index finger at Yesung's lips to stop him. "I love you too, Sungie. I really do. I never used you. I am yours since the day you take me. And I'll be yours till forever. Please trust me."
 
 
Kyuhyun smiled as he finally understood everything. He can see how happy Ryeowook is as he heard Yesung give in to him. He clapped along with the people inside the restaurant who had witnessed the couple’s cute argument. The people shouted for the couple to kiss in front of them, making the two blushed madly. He didn’t feel any jealousy, any rage right now. All he felt was something heavy inside of him disappeared. He chuckled when he saw Ryeowook was the one who initiated the kiss before walking out of the restaurant. He stared at the clear blue sky and closed his eyes for awhile. 
 
 
Sungmin. It was him who immediately crossed his mind. He hurriedly went towards his car as he thought of ways on how to talk with Sungmin again. This time he knows where his heart truly belongs and he will do anything to be with the one he truly loves once again. He messed up big time and he’s willing to do everything just to get him back. 
 
 
As Kyuhyun drove towards a certain place, he received a message from Ryeowook asking him where he is. He smiled as he typed in his reply and sending it.
 
 
I understand now. No need to explain to me everything. I’m glad you found the right man for you. Don’t ever let him go. – Kyuhyun
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Sungmin walked towards Hyun Joong’s office to submit his resignation letter when he accidentally overheard what his chief and the other people talking inside.
 
 
“Our plan seemed not to work, Mr. Cho.” 
 
 
Sungmin arched his brows in confusion. What plan? Why is Mr. Cho here?
 
 
“But you said that this will help my son get over with his past, as well as Sungmin.”
 
 
Eh? What does Mr. Cho mean by that? Does he know who I really am? What’s going on? Sungmin thought in confusion and ended up opening the door. All heads inside the room turned towards him and he saw the surprised look in their faces especially, Hyun Joong, Leeteuk, and Mr. Cho.