He's Leaving

My Adorable Bodyguard

 

“H-hi Sungmin hyung. It’s nice seeing you again.” Eunhyuk greeted Sungmin awkwardly. Sungmin only nod at him before looking at their two seniors accusingly. “I think I will just leave for a while.” Eunhyuk excused himself.
 
“I think I’ve missed something here. Care to explain?” Sungmin asked suspiciously.
 
“Ahm… Sungmin, Mr. Cho just wanted to visit us.” Hyun Joong tried to cover everything up with a lie.
 
Sungmin rolled his eyes. “Oh come on. You’re not good in telling lies, Hyun Joong. What’s this plan that I’ve heard? Why’s my name involved in it?”
 
“We are not actually-”
 
“I think it’s time for you to know everything.” Mr. Cho said, stopping Leeteuk to say anything further.
 
Sungmin looked at the old man questioningly. “Know everything?” The old man nods his head and gestured for him to sit down, which he did.
 
“First, I wanted to apologize for everything.” Mr. Cho started which earned a puzzled look from Sungmin. “I was only trying to find another bodyguard for my son after he kicked out Kibum, his last bodyguard. But I found out the reason why my son did it. Kibum was plotting something that would ruin me and everything that I have. I was touched actually for what he did, which meant that he cares for me as his father despite what I had done to him.”
 
“Which is separating him from Ryeowook, right?” Sungmin asked trying to hide the bitterness in his tone.
 
“Yes, and I did not regret it. Before I did regret it, but after meeting you in person, I realized that my son needs to move on so I came up with a plan and asked for Hyun Joong and Leeteuk’s help.”
 
Sungmin glared at Leeteuk and Hyun Joong, earning him a guilty look from the two, before he looked at the old man again. “How did you found out about me?”
 
“I asked Siwon for help in finding a new bodyguard for him, but my assistant didn’t do anything, so I began to search on my own. I remember that one of my assistants before has a brother, but I don’t know what are his job and his whereabouts, so I came here and met one of my friend’s sons working here as the leader. I never thought that it was you. Yesung is one of the people that I trust and I feel bad for what I had done to him and my son’s lover. I decided to hire you so I can pay for what I had done to your brother, and I know I can trust you just like how I trusted Yesung.” Mr. Cho explained.
 
“So you know who I really am and what I do from the start?” Sungmin asked.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Great.” Sungmin retorted mockingly. “And how did you even managed to say that your son needed to move on after seeing me? I just don’t get it.”
 
“I saw the way he looked at you, and I even saw from the security camera in our house what he did to you after dragging you out of the house on your first day as his bodyguard. I even saw him carried you to his room when you were drunk and then he slept outside his room because you were occupying his. I mean, he should not be doing that unless he felt something special to the one who is sleeping in his room, and he won’t be able to control himself, right?” Mr. Cho replied, and Sungmin suddenly felt his face blushing and wished for the ground to open up and swallow him whole from embarrassment. “That’s how I came up with the plan on making the two of you end up together. I also heard from Hyun Joong that you were still mourning over your fiancé’s death. I tried to convince him and Leeteuk to help me make the two of you move on, and I was glad that they agreed.”
 
“That explains the mischievous look I saw from Hyun Joong when he told me that I’ll be a bodyguard.” Sungmin said accusingly at Hyun Joong. “I can’t believe that I became the victim of my seniors’ matchmaking plan.”
 
“But we did great right?” Leeteuk exclaimed happily to which Sungmin rolled his eyes.
 
“And what about the illegal transactions that you said that Mr. Cho was involved in? Don’t tell me that it was also part of your plan?” Sungmin asked and rolled his eyes again in annoyance when he saw Leeteuk smiled at him apologetically. “I thought so. I can’t believe you guys. Really I wanted to bang your heads right now.”
 
“It was actually my plan.” Mr. Cho muttered. “At first I love the thrill of being investigated by you and Yunho. That was also to see how Kyuhyun would accept you after he finds out that you are investigating me and what is your real job. But I never thought that because of my plan I would definitely discover that someone is really planning in turning me down.”
 
Sungmin don’t know what he will feel after hearing Kyuhyun’s father explanation. He doesn’t know whether he should be happy or get mad at the old man and his seniors after finding out the truth. The old man seemed to be serious in making his son to forgive him and move on from his past. He heaved a sigh before smiling bitterly at the man. “If I will also become a father like you, I would also do everything to make my son happy and forgive me. But using other people to do that job is definitely not good. You should’ve just tried to talk to him and apologize.”
 
Mr. Cho bowed his head in guilt. “I know. That’s why I really wanted to say sorry to you, Sungmin. I would be dying soon and I wanted to make everything right before I go. I wanted to see my son happy again.”
 
“He is happy now, Sir.” Sungmin said with a tone of hurt in his voice. “I can understand you now. I wanted to hate you, but I can’t. You just wanted to make things right, and I’ll also be doing the same thing.” Sungmin stood up from his seat and went to Hyun Joong to hand his resignation letter. Hyun Joong read the letter and then stared at Sungmin questioningly. 
 
“You’ve read it so no need for me to explain anything, Chief.”
 
“Are you really sure? I don’t want to lose one of our excellent agents here.”
 
“I am. I just thought that it would be the right time for me to listen to my brother. And besides, your plan in making me move on worked. And I think you are also aware of what is happening between me and Kyuhyun right now.”
 
“We are really sorry, Sungmin.” Leeteuk said softly.
 
Sungmin honestly is mad at them, but he wanted to resign at peace so he tried his best to control himself from strangling his seniors’ neck. “So I guess it’s time for me to leave now.” Sungmin said before walking towards the door.
 
“Wait!” Leeteuk called out to Sungmin, and the latter turned to look at him. “We are still not accepting your resignation. There is still one mission for you to do.”
 
“What? What is it this time? Another part of your matchmaking plan? Please. I’m done.” Sungmin said angrily.
 
“No. This is the real mission.” Hyun Joong replied. “This will be you and Yunho’s last case.”
 
“What are you saying?”
 
“Yunho is resigning too and will be leaving three days from now.” Leeteuk replied and Sungmin was taken aback. “The plan that we did eventually make us find out that there was really someone who wanted to kill Mr. Cho and Kyuhyun. The night that you were shot was not part of our plan. Neither of us knew that it was going to happen. We had an idea that it was Siwon but we needed more evidence to prove that it was really him who is using the Cho’s name in doing the illegal transactions. Yunho had submitted reports about him, as well as Eunhyuk a while ago.”
 
“I never thought that he’ll be turning against me. The death threats that I have been receiving are real. The party that will be held at my house this night is part of Leeteuk’s idea. Siwon will surely be there when I will make an announcement about the company and those threats that I’ve been receiving. That way we will know what his reaction would be.” Mr. Cho explained.
 
“Fine. But if this is part of your matchmaking plan again, I will walk out from that place and leave you to deal with Siwon.” Sungmin replied angrily before storming out of the room and headed towards his office.
 
Sungmin closed the door of his office with a loud bang, making Yunho flinched on his seat. He looked at Sungmin’s direction and saw the rage in his face. “You’re okay?”
 
Sungmin didn’t notice that Yunho was there that he was surprised when he heard his voice. “Goodness! You’re going to give me a heart attack.”
 
“I’m sorry.” Yunho chuckled. “By the way, what happened that made you look like an angry but still adorable bunny?”
 
“Shut up, Yunho. I don’t want to talk about it.” Sungmin replied while rolling his eyes.
 
“If you said so.” Yunho said before continuing to read the reports in his hands.
 
There was a moment of silence between them and Sungmin stared at Yunho. He’s going to miss working with him. Those times where Yunho was training with him, sharing foods, sleeping together in their office as they tried to solve some mystery in cases that they were handling, how Yunho tried to protect him, their bickering, their tears, and their laughter together, he will definitely miss them. Why Yunho suddenly decided to resign too? Is it because of him?
 
“If there’s dirt on my face, just tell me. No need to stare at me like that.” Yunho suddenly said, surprising Sungmin. He then glanced at Sungmin before reading again the report in his hands.
 
“You’re leaving.” Sungmin whispered sadly.
 
Yunho looked at Sungmin with a warm smile. “I have to.”
 
“Is it because of me?”
 
“You should not blame yourself. This is my decision.”
 
“But why?”
 
“I have to forget about you and start moving on.”
 
“You don’t have to go.” Sungmin smiled at his best friend.
 
“Why?” Yunho asked in confusion.
 
“I am leaving this country to start a new life. I know that this job is your dream and you don’t have to sacrifice it. I will be the one to leave instead of you. And please I want you be happy when I’m away.” Sungmin said and stretched his arms signaling Yunho that he wanted a hug, to which the latter comply heartily. “I’m going to miss you, my best friend.” 
 
“I’m going to miss you too, Minnie.” Yunho whispered and enjoyed the warmth and smell of Sungmin around him for the last time. “Come back quickly, okay?”
 
Sungmin nodded his head before they let go from the hug. “I’ll come back to see if you and Jaejoong are finally together.”
 
“WHAT?!” Yunho shouted in disbelief.
 
“In case you didn’t know, that guy had a huge crush on you. Why not give him a chance? Besides he’s y and beautiful.” Sungmin .
 
Yunho cringed at the thought. “That guy is scary. He’ll me for sure if I don’t stay away from him.”
 
“You can always defend yourself if he tried to molest you.” Sungmin replied before smiling mischievously at Yunho. “Don’t tell me you can’t do it? Cause that guy is seriously hot as hell for you to ignore him.”
 
“He may be hot, but no! He’s not my type.” Yunho defended.
 
“Oh! Let’s see about that.” Sungmin playfully told him.
 
“Now you’re sounding like him.” Yunho retorted back and Sungmin laughed at him. Soon, the office was filled with their laughter.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“My father did what?” Kyuhyun asked Changmin in disbelief after hearing his best friend telling him the real reason why he was gone during his visit to Sungmin at the hospital. They are currently inside Kyuhyun’s room preparing for the party that will soon be held any minute from now.
 
“You heard it right, Kyuhyun. Your father had planned everything for you and Sungmin hyung to end up together. I overheard him talking to someone on the phone at the hospital, apologizing. Donghae hyung caught me eavesdropping and told your father. That’s when he told me about everything and asked me to keep it a secret. I intentionally turned off my phone so I will not sound suspicious when you guys start calling me.” Changmin explained again.
 
“I never thought my father could do something like that.” Kyuhyun said still in disbelief. “If he said to keep it a secret between you and him, why are you suddenly telling it to me?”
 
“Because he told me so.” Changmin simply answered.
 
“He could’ve just told me.”
 
“And what would be your reaction when he tells you the truth? Your father just wanted to make you happy and start moving on.”
 
“Maybe I will hate him again if that was before. But now, I am glad that he did that. I will not be able to meet Sungmin if not because of his plan.” Kyuhyun said happily.
 
“You sounded like someone who had received the finest gift ever.” Changmin .
 
“Yes I did. And tonight, I know Sungmin will be here and I will definitely make him mine again. I will say sorry, then tell the whole crowd that I love him and knelt in front of him.”
 
“Don’t tell me you’re-“
 
“Yes. I will propose to him.” Kyuhyun answered while his eyes were sparkling in happiness. Changmin patted his back.
 
“Good luck, then.”
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“You’re ready for this last mission?” Yunho asked as he and Sungmin stepped inside the Cho’s residence together, clad in a black suit.
 
“I always am. I can’t believe that this is going to be our last mission together.” Sungmin whispered in a sad tone.
 
“You’re going to miss me?” Yunho teased but his heart clenched upon the thought that this will be last day he’ll be working with his best friend. He’s going to miss him really bad. He just hopes that he’ll be able to really move on without him.
 
Sungmin pouted his lips and nodded his head making Yunho smiled at him before pinching his nose. 
 
“Don’t pout.” I may not be able to resist myself and stop you from leaving tomorrow. Yunho said the last line in his head. When they reach inside the house, they began to scan the place and look for Siwon among the crowd. Yunho finally see him talking to someone seriously at a distance. “We saw our target.” Yunho whispered before separating from Sungmin.
 
“Time for work. Fighting!” Sungmin whispered to himself and walked towards the crowd of people who are busy talking about their companies. He went towards an empty table and he was surprised to see his brother with Ryeowook. The couple is happily talking and soon Kyuhyun approached them. His brows furrowed in confusion when he saw the younger shook his brother’s hand and began talking with smiles on their faces.
 
“Did I miss something?” Sungmin asked himself in confusion.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Yunho sat on a chair with a cup of wine in his right hand as he scans the crowd. He felt someone sat beside him, and he didn’t turn his head upon recognizing the other’s scent. He knows who own that sweet smell and he hated it.
 
“Hi Mr. Detective. Good to see you here.” The other greeted him sweetly. “Looks like you are alone here and I am so glad to give you company.”
 
“Mr. Kim, I think it’s better if you will just leave me alone and pretend that you did not see me.” Yunho said calmly as he was still busy watching the crowd.
 
“I think I made it clear before that you should call me Jaejoong and I can’t pretend that I didn’t see you. You are just too handsome in that black suit for me not to notice you. I like you, Mr. Detective.” Jaejoong said straightforwardly making Yunho spit out the wine he was drinking.
 
“Will you just stop bothering me? I don’t like you, okay?” He said angrily.
 
Jaejoong smirked before ghosting his hands at Yunho’s thigh, making the latter widened his eyes and felt bolts of electricity ran down his spine. Jaejoong then began to blow air at Yunho’s ear before biting it gently. Yunho felt the hairs on his body stand and sweats began to form on his forehead because of what Jaejoong is currently doing to him. 
 
“I won’t stop bothering you until you fall so hard for me. You don’t know how much I want you, Yunho.” Jaejoong whispered seductively at Yunho’s ear. “And I’d like to correct you. You don’t like me, but love me. Right?”
 
Yunho was about to pushed Jaejoong away from him, when he heard Mr. Cho talking on the microphone. He stood up suddenly, making Jaejoong fall on his with the chair rolling beside him. “Damn you, Jung Yunho!” Jaejoong cursed as he rubbed his aching while watching Yunho walk away. “I will definitely make you mine whether you like it or not!”
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“I would like to thank you all for coming here tonight. You may be wondering why I held this party at my house since I know most of you are quite aware that I hate holding parties here. I just want to be the ordinary Cho Younghwan to all of you, and not the strict Mr. Cho that you are seeing at the office.” Mr. Cho said on the microphone. “I am not getting young anymore and I don’t want to say much here. I just wanted to introduce to all of you my son, who will be taking my place starting next week.”
 
Kyuhyun walked towards his father after the old man gestured him to face the crowd. “This is my son, Cho Kyuhyun, and he’ll be your boss from now on.” Mr. Cho introduced him to the crowd and the people started to applaud. He smiled when he saw Sungmin standing among the small crowd of people. When their gazes met, Sungmin immediately avoided his eyes. He felt disappointed, but still he is determined to carry out his plan after his father’s speech. Kyuhyun was busy thinking that he did not hear what his father was saying and what was about to happen.
 
“I have been receiving a lot of death threats lately, and I asked some of the people that I know to do some investigations. When I found out who was behind it, I cannot believe that he can possibly do that to me after I trusted him. He tried to kill me by hiring one of my son’s ex-bodyguard to do that job, but my son’s bodyguard was able to protect me that night.” Mr. Cho said before smiling thankfully to Sungmin. “I know I have been a strict boss to all of you, but I always consider you all as part of my family. I was just so disappointed with one of my personal assistant.” Mr. Cho then scanned the crowd and saw Siwon with a dark expression. “He wanted to take over my company and even used my name in doing a lot of illegal transactions. I don’t know why he did that. I even treat him as my own son.” Mr. Cho said while looking at Siwon. People started to ask who it was and murmurs heard among them.
 
“Want to know why?” Siwon shouted from the crowd, and all heads turn towards him. Yunho and Sungmin looked at each other while giving signals to get ready to arrest Siwon. 
 
“Because I’m too greedy and I want your company to pay for all the debts I have. You told me that you will help me but until when? I cannot anymore do it so I decided to bring you down and make the company as mine. And now you are just going to hand it over to that reckless, troublemaker son of yours? I won’t allow that!” Siwon angrily said before grabbing his gun and pointed it towards Kyuhyun earning a gasped from the people.
 
Kyuhyun was awaken from his trance and became nervous once he saw Siwon standing in front of him with a gun pointed towards his direction. Sungmin seemed to be frozen on his spot when he saw what happened. He needed to act fast before anything bad will happen. He looked at Yunho and the latter walked slowly behind Siwon’s back.
 
“Siwon, please. Don’t do this, son.” Mr. Cho said in a pleading tone.
 
“You are not my father! I help you in making your company prosper and yet you are just giving it to that brat?!” Siwon angrily shouted. “I won’t let it happen even if I die.” He then pulled the trigger and a loud bang was heard.
 
Kyuhyun was surprised when he felt Sungmin threw his arms around him. He was about to hug him back when the latter smiled at him before closing his eyes and his body soon fall to the ground after the sound of gunshot was heard. Another sound of gunshot rang around them and that was the time he realized that Sungmin saved him from the bullet.
 
Yunho acted immediately when he saw Sungmin launched towards Kyuhyun and saw that it was Sungmin who was shot. He fired his gun towards Siwon’s left foot, making the latter fall to the ground in pain. As much as he wanted to kill Siwon, it is still part of his job not to hurt the criminal. One of his men went towards Siwon and cuffed his hands. He rushed towards Kyuhyun who is now shaking Sungmin’s body.
 
“Min… Sungmin…. Wake up please. Don’t do this to me.” Kyuhyun said between tears.
 
“Somebody call an ambulance!” Yunho shouted as he tried to feel for any pulse in Sungmin’s neck. He tried to be calm despite how his brain is panicking right now. “His pulse is unstable. We need to get him to the hospital immediately.” Yunho said to Kyuhyun.
 
“What happened?” Yesung asked worriedly and his eyes widened when he saw his brother lying unconsciously in Kyuhyun’s lap. “What happened to Sungmin?!” He was starting to become hysterical and Ryeowook immediately hugged him, trying to calm him down.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
As soon as the ambulance arrived to the hospital, the doctors started to assess Sungmin and connected him to a cardiac monitor at the emergency room. Dr. Heo, Yesung’s best friend explained to them that Sungmin must be transferred to operating room to remove the bullet that has injured his left lung and ribs to prevent a severe hemorrhage. While Yesung was signing the consent for the operation, a code was suddenly announced by the operator and doctors and nurses ran towards the room where Sungmin was placed. 
 
Yunho felt his body shake from fear after recognizing what the code is about. He clenched his fist trying to calm himself, and Kyuhyun saw him. “This is not happening. ! Sungmin, be strong.” Yunho whispered to himself. “You said you are leaving. I never thought that you’ll be leaving like this. Be strong, Minnie.”
 
“Who is leaving? What is happening?” Kyuhyun asked nervously, but Yunho kept silent while his head was bowed. “Yunho!” Kyuhyun called Yunho again and when the latter turned his head towards him and saw the tears in the corner of Yunho’s eyes, he began to panic. This is not happening. He should be proposing to Sungmin right now and begging him to forgive him. He should be in Sungmin’s arms right now as they kissed each other sweetly. He should be watching him smile and pout at him adorably right now.
 
“This is all just Sungmin’s joke.” He tried to tell himself and the door soon opened revealing Dr. Heo whose gown was stained with blood. Kyuhyun can’t look at him since he began to feel weak knowing that the blood belongs to Sungmin. He heard Yesung asked what happened and he saw the doctor looked at them apologetically. He don’t want to hear what the doctor is about to tell them. He wanted to run away from that place, but his feet were both glued to the ground.
 
“I’m sorry.” 
 
Kyuhyun felt his whole world collapse when he heard those two words from the doctor’s lips.
 
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------
 
 
(A/N) The end..LOL XD
 
I'm afraid that the next chapter would be the last one :(