Satisfaction

That Little Smile

 

 

“ Oppa said he is allowing me to work at that place, Sehunna.” Ji Hyun announced excitedly.

“Wah! That’s great! See! Kyungsoo hyung is kind, you just have to tell him what you want.” Said Sehun while holding Ji Hyun’s right hand, going to the public library. He continued, “ I want to see your work place, Ji Hyun~”.

“ Of course, you can come anytime you want.” Said Ji Hyun.

“ How about now?” asked Sehun, stopping in front of a bookstore.

“Now? Hmmm.. Okay! Hehe~” Like little children, they both run through the sidewalk toward the book café.

 

**

 

“Okay, book café is like a library. Difference is that, we serve some beverage for our customer. Nothing much you have to do. We already have worker for the book section, so you just take order and serve them. Do you understand?”

“Yes. I understand. I never wonder there is a café like this. People are able to read their favorite book and at the same time eat anything they want.” Said Tao.

“ Ha~ yes. Okay, since you said you are able to start today, you can go back to the locker and prepare yourself. Don’t worry; I will lead you around, but only for today. So, Good luck, Tao!” Said Jaemin, the manager in the book café.

“ No problem, sir.”

“ Just called me hyung, I’m not that old.”

“ Aaaa…okay.. hyung.” Tao smiled. Tao walked back to his locker and came out with an apron around his waist and some memo paper on his left hand while a pen on his right hand.

“Welcome~” Tao greeted.

“ Huh?”

“ T-Tao?”

“ Aaa! Ji Hyun, Sehunna! Come have a seat. Do you want anything? Let me take your order.” said Tao.

“ Y-you're work in this café?” asked Ji Hyun.

“Yes, starting today. Hehe~” said Tao.

“ Oh, Ji Hyunna… You said you want to do the night shift. You changed your mind?” asked Jaemin as he saw Ji Hyun.

“ Oh, no no. I will work in the night shift. Jaemin Oppa, Tao….”answered Ji Hyun.

“ Tao? Aa.. Tao! He’s a new worker. Tao, Ji Hyun is the one who responsible for the book section. Just like you, a part-timer.” Said Jaemin.

“ Ah! Really Ji Hyunna? So, we are working at the same place.” Said Tao.

“ So you both know each other?” asked Jaemin.

“ He is my new classmate.” Ji Hyun smiled.

Jaemin nodded and excused himself while Sehun just kept silent.

“ So, we can go to work together, Ji Hyunna?” said Tao after placing a cup of tea and a glass of milk on the table.

“No! Ji Hyun will go with me. I will send her everydaaaay.” Said Sehun. Ji Hyun just looked at Sehun.

"Uhmm, Sehun. My shift is only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays  remember?”

“ So, I will send you every Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, okay?” Sehun announced with a smile.

“Aaa… okay, If you say so..”

“ Ahahah!! You guys are really made for each other, I guess.. Such a cute couple.” Tao praised.

“ Hah? We just best friends…” said Ji Hyun.

“ Yeah, we are best friends..” said Sehun with a blank expression.

This situation put Tao in an awkward situation and he had nothing to say besides smiling and nodding. They are so innocent…

 

**

 

“Yah! Chanyeol! I thought you want to hang out with me today?" Sujong yelled.

“I’m sorry Sujong, I'm now at the hospital."

“W-what? Chanyeol.. are you sick? Where is the hospital, I will co-..”

“No, Sujong. I'm just accompanying my friend here."

“Oh…Okay...”

“ I’m sorry Sujong”

“ No.. It’s okay..”

Sujong put her IPhone on the couch and sit beside it.

“Aish.. so boring.. Maybe  I should sleep~~” Sujong muttered.

But, after sit for a while, she remembered that she still not having her breakfast yet, so she went out to the nearest café from her house.

 

**

 

“ A cup of hot chocolate please. Take out.” Sujong ordered.

“ Wait a minute.” said Kyungsoo.

After a few minute, he gave Sujong her order and watched her walk away.

“ Jenny Noona, Baekhyun will not come today?” he asked Jenny. From this morning, he was unable to ask Jenny since the customers came quite early and both of them are busy.

“ Kyungsoo ya, Baekhyun is sick again.” Said Jenny. “ I’m so worried, but just now, Suho called and said his condition is stable now.” She continued.

Kyungsoo stop brewing the coffees. “So suddenly…Noona..” he muttered. “ Don’t worry, we will visit him later okay? Let’s continue our work.” Said Jenny.

At 8 pm, they closed the café and went straight to the hospital. Chanyeol was still with Baekhyun and Suho was waiting outside. Jenny went inside the ward while Kyungsoo went to Suho.

“Hyung…”

Suho looked back and smiled as he saw Kyungsoo.

“ Kyungsoo ya, you came.” He said.

“ What happened?” asked Kyungsoo.

“ I don’t know. Chanyeol found him lying on the floor and his asthma strikes again.”

“ He has asthma? I thought he only have gastric disorder.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. No wonder Suho is so strict when it comes to smoking in the café.

“ That weak kid….”Suho murmured as he walk toward Baekhyun's room. He continued, “ You know how tobacco attacks asthma right? Poor kid."

“ But hyung, who came and smoke at our café?”

“ I don’t kn-…” someone appeared on Suho’s mind. He rolled his eyes and made an eye contact with Kyungsoo.

“Why, hyung?” Kyungsoo puzzled with Suho’s expression.

“ N-nothing.. no.. I mean.. wait..” Suho excused himself and went to the nearest entry to a balcony.

“ Hello, Kris”

“ Oh hooooo~ Look who’s calling now?? Why Suho-ssi? There is anything about our business? Haha!” answered Kris.

“ Did you come to the café today?” asked Suho, curious.

“Yes Suho-ssi. Did the idiot tell you? Haha!! He must have freaked out. Is he he? Hahaha!!” Kris answered and laughed aloud. He remembered how Baekhyun’s face looked like after what he did this morning.

“Wh-what did you mean by that?” asked Suho.

“Awww… Suho, you can’t be that stupid. Haha~ no wonder all your workers have bad I.Q, I bet. Hahaha!!” said Kris.

“ What did you do to Baekhyun?”

“ What? Why? He’s crying until now? Oh no~!AHAHAH AHAHAH!!! Hey, how old he is hah? I just gave him some cloud nine….Not only above his head! But also his lung!! Awesome hah?!! Hahaha!” Kris said.

His words made Suho’s body shivered. If he was able to come in his café with his cigarette without any worry in front of Suho, he must be able to do it again. He will do it repeatedly even though he received thousands of warning.

“ I think we should meet, now.”

“ Awww.. why? You want to beat me or something…Awww such a protective hyung,huh~~ so cute Suho~~” Kris will never stop being a sarcastic. He continued “ Yeah, come on. Bring it on~, I will wait in front of my apartment. Come dear.. com-..” Suho ended the call and went to the lift, exactly wanted to leave and went to Kris’s house.

“Hyung, where are you going?” asked Kyungsoo while walked out from Baekhyun’s ward. Definitely, Suho didn’t hear Kyungsoo called and kept walking.

“ Kyungsoo ya. Where is Suho? Baekhyun is already awake.” Asked Jenny.

“ I don’t know, he just left.” Answered Kyungsoo.

“Ya.. Byun baek, are you alright?” asked Chanyeol. Baekhyun took quite long to answer and recognize surrounding.

“Chan.. yeoll? Noon.. Noona?” He opened his oxygen mask but Chanyeol put it back. “ I’m worried about you, thank God, you are awake now.” He smiled.

“Chan.. chanyeolla… water..”

“What? Water? Are you thirsty? Wait wait wait.. I will get some for you.”

“It’s okay.. it’s okay. There are some here..” Kyungsoo came and gave him a glass of mineral water with a straw. “ Baekhyun, drink this..”. Chanyeol helped Baekhyun with  opened his oxygen mask and supported his head.

“ Poor you, Baekhyun na.. I hope you are fine..” Jenny came over and held his hand.

Since he so weak, nothing he much he can do than smile and showed ‘thumbs up’.

“ Don’t.. worry…Noona…” said Baekhyun.