Wrong way

That Little Smile

 

She comes to Ji Hyun's house.Sujong is waiting for Ji Hyun on the couch and keeps scanning the surrounding.It’s clean and smells good. She touches a crystal ball on the coffee table and plays with it. She shakes it until the glitters are shown.  She finds it’s cute and funny since there are two little white bunnies in the crystal ball. Suddenly, she hears something fells from Ji Hyun’s room.

“Ji Hyun? Are you okay?” she asks.

“Uh! I’m not. Can you come here for a while?” she calls.

Sujong pushes the door and finds Ji Hyun is sitting with the books and papers scatter on the floor. Ji Hyun starts to whine and takes all the books.

“This box is useless!” she shouts. Sujong chuckles and replies “Relax, this box is just old enough. Just buy a new one. What are you doing?”

“I just want to put it on the cupboard but then I accidently tear off the holder!” Ji Hyun whines.

“Let me help you, okay?” Sujong offers. Ji Hyun nods and tells her to put the books and papers below her table.

After a few minutes, they are done with the books and about to exit from the room.

“Ji Hyun…”

“Hm?”

“Do you still use my bag? If not, can I take it back?” Sujong asks, and points her finger to her pink MCM bag on the table.

“Oh my! I’m so sorry! I forgot to give it back to you. Yes, you can take it with you.” Ji Hyun holds Sujong’s arm.

“Ji Hyun, dear!” Someone calls her from the outside.

Ji Hyun rolls her eyes and comes out. “Oppa!” she shouts. Sujong follows her from behind and closse the door behind her. She just watch Ji Hyun and Kyungsoo are heading to the kitchen.

“That is her boyfriend, isn’t it?” she asks to herself. Sujong is spacing out and is pulled back into the reality when Ji Hyun suddenly calls her.

“Sujong! Come here!” Ji Hyun waves her hand, asking for Sujong to come into the kitchen. Sujong blushes when she comes closer. The intimacy between Ji Hyun and Kyungsoo is really something for her. Well, she doesn’t have boyfriend until now.  Ji Hyun hugs Kyungsoo’s waist tightly. Talk sweetly and they looks cute together.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes when he turns to face Sujong.

“You?!” Sujong suddenly shouts. Kyungsoo is speechless and looks at Ji Hyun who is now starting to frown.

“You know  our Kyungsoo oppa?” Ji Hyun asks to Sujong.

“Y-yes… I mean! No! No! He was the one who helped me fixed my sink.” She explains.

“Fixed your sink? When?” Ji Hyun asks.

Sujong explains more and Ji Hyun only can  laugh when she told that she thought her beloved Kyungsoo was an intruder. They start to know each other and they take their lunch together. Ji Hyun is so excited when she talks about Kyungsoo and leave him blushing beside her.

“But, why did I feel that I had met him somewhere else?” Sujong scrutinizes Kyungsoo with doubt.

“You mean at the café?”

“Café?”

“Yes! Café! Our Kyungsoo oppa is a barista. It’s Seoul Café, am I right?” Ji Hyun claps her hand as she says that. After a moment, Sujong remembers and that surprise her.

“So, you stay with your boyfriend?” Sujong ask bluntly. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and his ears invisibly turn to red. Ji Hyun just smiles broadly and unable to speak.

“No!” Kyungsoo shouts. The surrounding becomes awkward and Sujong blinks her eyes countlessly.

“I mean… I’m… not her boyfriend. I’m her older brother.” Kyungsoo stammers while explaining ; fights with his shyness. He ends with a wide and awkward smile. Sujong nods and say “Aw, okay.” She smiles and turns her gaze to Ji Hyun.

Kyungsoo digs his food back and picks a remote beside him and turns on the television. This is just too awkward. He turns to look Ji Hyun who still looking at him. They both starts to smile and Kyungsoo pats Ji Hyun’s head. “Eat well.” He says. Ji Hyun nods slightly.

Sujong smiles to the sweetest moment, until she sees small tear on the corner of Ji Hyun’s eyes. She frowns for that because what the tear supposed to mean?

**

Sujong, Sehun and Ji Hyun go to the bookstore and start search their reference books at the shelves. Sujong goes to the music section while Sehun and Ji Hyun are roaming around the English section.

“Are you okay?” asked Sehun. Ji Hyun is spacing out, she randomly pulls out a book from the shelf.

“Ji Hyunna~” Sehun nudges her with his elbow. “I’m asking you!” he whines.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” she smiles.

“Are you okay or not?” Sehun  pokes her cheek few times.

“I’m okay.” Ji Hyun chuckles and leaves Sehun alone as she turns to other shelf.

No.I’m not her boyfriend.

 Ji Hyun stops from walking.

I’m her older brother.