The Best Way to Deal with

That Little Smile

“ Aww Suho! Why are you acting so cold? You should be happy that I’m here!" Kris said as he sat up properly, but still smoking his cigar.

 

Suho was about to protest and shoo him away but then, he smelled the asphxiating scent of cigarette.

 

"Do I really always have to remind you, that this is a "No smoking area", Kris?" Suho propmted for the nth time and with a much colder expression.

 

“Chill. It's alright, there's nobody here anyway. Well, except for that new kid. What is his name again?" He asked while pointing to Kyungsoo, but Suho just ignored him.

 

“Kyungsoo, kindly switch off the aircons for a while and open all the fans, high speed.” Suho ordered as he started opening the windows.

 

“Suho! Hey, wait! Who’s smoking here?” Jenny suddenly appeared from the kitchen. She noticed Kris was there and so, got the answer to her question.

 

"Yah. Where did you put the new air freshener?" asked Jenny as she went near Suho.

 

"First cabinet, top left corner. Bring it here, quickly."

 

 

“Hey, come on guys! This is not really a big, big deal. I'm not disgusting or anything. It's just smoke." Kris protested as he waved his cigar proudly.

 

“IT’S A REAL BIG DEAL FOR US, YOU IDIOT!!!” shouted Jenny from the kitchen.

 

Kris rolled his eyes in reply. Suho and Kyungsoo just ignored him as they were busy getting rid of the smell. Suho opened the last window and saw Baekhyun carrying the groceries and went up to help him.

 

"Baekhyun...you're here.." Suho mumbled, sounding a little worried.

“Ne Hyung. Here's the gro-" He was about to enter the cafe but Suho prevented him and carried all the groceries.

 

“I'm sorry Baekhyun-ah, but I’m suddenly craving for tteokbeokki, please buy some for me.” The sudden request from Suho made Baekhyun speechless.

 

“ Why so sudden..”

 

“Quick, I’m hungry. Your ramyun is still not enough for me.. Quick! Here! Take this money and take your time.” Suho pushed Baekhyun away and took all the groceries inside. Suho watched him until he went to another corner of a street. He came back into the café and told Kyungsoo to bring all the groceries to the kitchen.

 

“So, his name is Kyungsoo,huh?”

 

“ Kris...You know that I despise smoking right? Especially inside the cafe."

 

“ Come on! Suho, I’m sorry, okay. Here, look! I threw it already. You're so strict with this area and smoker and all that blah blah blah…” Kris mimicked as he raised his hands and did some random gestures.

 

“That is becau-…”

 

“LALLALALALALLALAALALALA… I don’t want to hear your childish excuse!” Kris put both his hands on his ears.

 

“ At least you should listen, Kris!”

 

“ Enough grandpa! Make me an Americano..”

 

“Kris… I think you shou-”

 

“Hell yeah, or not I will smoke again.” Kris made his way to the chair as he look at the menu in front of him.

 

Speechless Suho just made his way to the machine and continue to make an Americano for him. Suho’s problem is being too kind even he’s angry. Kyungsoo who is back from the kitchen keeps watching Kris and Suho while made his way to the last table he cleaned just now. He has no idea who is Kris but his behavior is enough to assume him as a bad guy. Kyungsoo stopped at the counter.

 

“Hyung~”

 

“ It’s okay. Just ignore him,okay. He’s my...step-brother.” Suho smiled.

 

Jenny appeared from the upper stairs and spray the fresher at all direction, slowly went to Kris and spray more and more.

 

“ Hey! What the...Noona?!” Kris chased away the smell of febreeze around him and turned to Jenny.

 

“ Get lost Little Kris!” Jenny trailed off as she sprayed more in front of the counter.

 

“ Aww.. Noona! Why you are so mean to me? I know you like hyun but can't you at least be nice to his little brother?" Kris looked down and pretended to be upset;

 

“Aiyoo! This little kid! Talking some nonesense again... I-I don't like Suho..Y-you know." Jenny explained as she went around the counter.

"Then, do you hate him?" Kris teased. Suho was also waiting for her answer as they were both looking at Jenny who is now blushing different shades of red.

 

"I hate you BOTH!!!" She yelled as she ran all the way to the kitchen. Kris laughed at his own joke and Suho smiled a little bit as he handed the Americano to Kris.

 

“Be careful, it’s still hot.”

 

“Yeah. I know, I know. I'm not a little kid...” Kris grabbed the coffee carefully and stared at Kyungsoo as he passed by the counter.

 

"Come, let's go upstairs, it seems like you have something to discuss with me." Suho walked to the stairs and waited for Kris, who was slowed down by the Americano. Kyungsoo just looked at them until they disappeared from hi sight.

 

“Don’t mind him Kyungsoo, he's always like that. Trying to catch atttention from his brother.” Said Jenny. “Just ignore him whenever he’s here.” She continued. Kyungsoo nodded and continued his work. A few minutes later, Kris went down and went out from the café. Kris saw Kyungsoo and gave him a quick glance and walked away.

 

-

 

“Don’t worry Suho ya, I will make sure this café will be mine.. Okay?” said Kris before he excused himself. Baekhyun open the door and Kris just still not made any move. He just walked through it. His wide shoulder made Baekhyun about to fall but fortunately he holds the doorknob.

 

“ Ouch!! HEY!” shouted Baekhyun. Kris is just continued walking as he wear his sunglasses.

 

“ Stupid giant!” exclaimed Baekhyun.

 

“ Are you okay Baekkie?” asked Suho. He quickly cared Baekhyun’s shoulder as he can relief his pain.

 

“ I’m okay, hyung. Who is that idiot? Aish! Ah! This is your tteokbeokki. Can I eat too?” said Baekhyun. However, his expression quickly change like he forgot about Kris just now. How quick! Suho just put a smile on his face.

 

“ Of course, we can eat together. Come in and get the plate. Quickly before we have other customers” said Suho.

 

“ OWW!! What did you spray here, hyung? Perfume? Haha!! I like this smell!! Oi! Kyungsoo! Did  you just fart? How bad is that until hyung have to spray the freshener? Hahahaha!” shouted Baekhyun.

 

“ Shut up!” exclaimed Kyungsoo and pretended to chase Baekhyun. Suho and Jenny can’t help from smiled and both of them close the windows again and Suho went to switch on the air conditioner.

 

**

 

“ Oppa~” Ji Hyun is holding Kyungsoo’s right hand as they are walking together from the café.

 

“ Hmm?”

 

“ I have something to ask you..” now Ji Hyun is hugging Kyungsoo as she put her arms around his waist.

 

“ Would you…mind…if.. I find a.. job?” she slowly asked Kyungsoo.

 

“At the book café?” Kyungsoo simply said it. Ji Hyun is completely shocked and stopped from walking. She also release her arms as she look at Kyungsoo who is just smiling.

 

“ Oppa~…..I-Im..I’m sorry..” Ji Hyun only look at her sneakers and was about to cry.

 

“ Aigoo our Ji Hyunnieee…” Kyungsoo hug Ji Hyun slowly. Since she is a little bit shorter than Kyungsoo, Ji Hyun’s head was already on his shoulder.

 

“ I’m sorry, I should tell you ealier.” Said Ji Hyun.

 

“ I know right, haha..” said Kyungsoo.

 

“ Please don’t be mad, oppa. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Ji Hyun is already sobbing.

 

“ Ji Hyunna, am I that bad?” asked Kyungsoo.

 

“ Why did you said that?” Ji Hyun pushed Kyungsoo a little bit as she want to look up facing Kyungsoo.

 

“ Poor you dear. Our pretty Ji Hyunnie.. I can’t provide you a lot of money. You can’t really buy your favorite things. I’m sorry” said Kyungsoo as he smoothed her hair.

 

“ No! No! No! No!!!!! It’s not like that Oppa! I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I will stop working. I’m sorry. Everything you gave to me is enough. I'm the only one who is not being grateful for all what you’ve done, Oppa. I promise I will study hard!... Oppa don’t say that..” she cried loudly, and hugged Kyungsoo  tightly as much she can.

 

“ Why are you crying Ji Hyun? I’m not mad at you dear.” At some point, Kyungsoo was quite worried whenever Ji Hyun cries like that.

 

“ Hey, hey… don’t cry. Let me see if that place is suitable enough for you, I will let you..”

 

“ Oppa~~~~I’M SORRY~~~~~~~” cried Ji Hyun. Kyungsoo can’t even continue his words.

 

“Calm down Ji Hyun.. Yah, pretty Ji Hyun. It’s okay, it’s okay. I’m not mad at all okay, let’s discuss this later okay, dear..shh..shh…” said Kyungsoo who is patting Ji Hyun’s back. At last, Kyungsoo ended up carrying Ji Hyun in bridal style since she can’t stop crying.

 

As Kyungsoo put Ji Hyun down on her bed, he said “ Listen, Ji Hyunna.. First, I’m not mad, okay? So, stop crying. I don’t like to see it. Second, we will talk about this later. Now, just get yourself enough rest. I love you dear. Just sleep” Kyungsoo smiled as sincere as he could and kiss Ji Hyun’s forehead before leave her alone. Ji Hyun just keeps nodding and look at Kyungsoo while he left. Kyungsoo thought, maybe Ji Hyun has her reasons for that. Maybe he will talk to her later.

 

**

 

“Every morning I have to hold a broom..

 

Every morning I have to stay outside… with chill wind from aa…west? North?? Ehem.. from any directions..

 

Every morning… I have to see you nature.. big tree and..flow- ”

 

“BAEKKKKHYUUUNNN!!!!!”

 

“WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOONNAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!” shouted Baekhyun from outside.