Unexpected Meeting

That Little Smile

 

Kyungsoo ran out from their house. Going to places that Ji Hyun could've gone too. His knees are getting weak, but he can't stop now.

"Ji Hyun!" he yelled.

He screamed her name many times but still,  no reply. He called Sehun desperately, "Did you found her?"

"Not yet, hyung! W-what should we do?!" Kyungsoo can hear the panic in Sehun's voice. And also, he knows that Sehun is very sick.

" Sehun, it's okay, I will definitely find her. W-why don't you go home and rest? You're sick-"

Sehun cut him off, "NO! I will not stop until I find her… she may be in danger!"

"But you're sick Sehun. Don’t worry, I think I know where she went. I’m heading to that place now. So, you can stop searching now.” Kyungsoo assured him.

"But hyung-" this time it was Kyungsoo who cut him off.

"Listen to me, okay?”

 

In the end, Sehun gave up and now Kyungsoo is alone. He kept searching for Ji Hyun, but after hours of running, still no sign of her.

 

**

 

Ji Hyun blink her eyes for a few times before finally opening them. She keeps looking around, but her brain fails to interpret where she is; lost in her own memories. The room was well-decorated. However, it's still not enough to make her calm. She slowly get up from a sleeping position and heads to the door, tip toeing outside.

"MOM!"

Ji Hyun was taken aback from the scream and looked back at the room.

 "I like these cookies a lot! Please make them again! Ne? Ne?!” Kris shouted in happiness.

" Shhh! You might wake up the little girl. I know you like it, but no need to scream like that.” Aunty Momo giggled.

"Ah! Speaking of that girl, she may want to have some. I will just wake her up." Ji Hyun heard the footsteps at it gets closer.

"Ahhh!"

 

"You scared me!!” Kris and Ji Hyun were both startled. "Come, my mom made some cookies." Kris smiled brightly. But Ji Hyun was still standing there.

 

"Come! My mom made some cookies, they are so delicious!” Kris grabs her right hand and drags her to the dining room. Ji Hyun was quite shock but she knew that it's too late to refuse. Finally, she's back to her senses. Two complete strangers are standing in front of her.

"Kris, why did you drag her like that? You might have scared her.” Aunty Momo pinched his arm. Kris knew he did wrong, so he just looked at Ji Hyun blankly.

"I’m sorry, daughter. You don’t need to be afraid. Our son, Kris, brought you home last night. He said you fainted. After he took you to the hospital, the doctor already allowed you to go home. Kris brought you here instead, he don’t know where you live” Aunty Momo explained.

Ji Hyun nodded, and smiled awkwardly.” T-thank you, very much…” Aunty Momo slowly place her hand to Ji Hyun’s arm, and led her to the table.

"You sit there.” Pointing to the seat next to Kris.

Ji Hyun slowly ate the cookies while she scanned her eyes to the big house. Aunty Momo and Kris just look at her with amazement. She looks very innocent, they thought. After a while, "I want to go back home now, my brother might be very worried about me now. Thank you for taking care of me…” Ji Hyun said shyly. Kris nodded in reply, "Of course, I will send you to your place. Don’t worry.” He softened his gaze.

 

**

 

"Are you sure?” Kris shouted to Ji Hyun from inside of the car, "Don’t worry. I will walk from here. Thank you and bye!” Ji Hyun ran before she heard Kris said anything else. Ji Hyun ran until she felt so tired, so she stopped. She was dizzy and felt like kneeling already on the bare, dirty floor. Then she arrived home.

 

 

" Oppa!... Kyungsoo oppa!” she called in between pants.

"J-ji Hyun? Is that really you?" Ji Hyun saw Sehun peeking from the kitchen, "Ji Hyun! It's really you!" Sehun hugged her tightly and gestured to seat in the sofa.

" S-sehun… Where's Kyungsoo-oppa?" She felt so weak so she leaned on Sehun's chest.

" Ji Hyun, where have you been? We are all searching for you everywhere. Kyungsoo hyung still hasn’t come back from last night.” He quickly takes out his phone and dial Kyungsoo’s number, informing that Ji Hyun is back. Before Sehun can reply, his eyes widened.

"Uhm, Ji Hyun. I think you better rest first, you look very pale and tired. I will wake you up immediately when Kyungsoo hyung arrives."

"Promise?” she whispered.

"Y-yes! Of course.” Sehun stuttered.

"O-okay, I guess." Sehun carried her all the way to her room. After that, Sehun called Sujong and asked her to look after Ji Hyun. Without any delay, he runs out, heading to Suho’s house.

 

"Ah! You’re here.” Suho gestures Sehun to get in.

" What happened?” Sehun asked.

"Baekhyun found him unconscious in front of a store last night. I already sent him to a clinic and the doctor said his migraine attacked. He have a slight fever too." Suho relayed.

 

 

"Oh no-" Sehun sighed.