It's not just a reason

That Little Smile

 

“STOP WITH YOUR CHEESY POEM!” Shouted Jenny from the kitchen

 

“IT’S NOT CHEESY AT ALLLLLLLLLLL!” Baekhyun said it aloud.

 

“HEY! Hey! Why is it so noisy here?” asked Suho, carrying more stock that is coffee.

 

“Jenny Noona said my poem was cheesy. I was just communicating with nature~” said Baekhyun as he hugged the broom.

 

“15 minutes passed and you still haven’t cleaned anything. After that, you still need to mop the floor you know. Today is Saturday!” said Jenny as she came out from the kitchen.

 

“SO? It’s just Saturday! Hyung! I cannot take this kind of torture. Save me from this witch Noona!” Baekhyun quickly hugged Suho from behind. Suho cannot do anything since both of his hands full with items.

 

“You! How could you call me witch! Come here! Byun Baekhyun!” Jenny about to chase him but Suho stopped them from fighting.

 

“Baekhyun na, how long do you work in this café? Every Saturday, we will open early and close early too. Now is 7.20 am, we will open in 8.00 a.m. We have to clean up before the customers come for breakfast.

 

“Ah! I forgot about that... But! Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo will come and help us!”

 

“No, today he will be late.”

 

“BUT WHY?” shouted Baekhyun.

 

“Ya! Stop shouting! Hurry up! Clean this up. Before that, apologize to your Noona. Jenny, help me count the stock.” Suho entered the café and left Jenny standing in front of Baekhyun.

 

“Oi! Kid! What did you say just now?” Jenny stared at him as if she was going to eat him.

 

“N-no... I-I do not meant it, N-Noona. I-.. I…I am sorry. N-Noona... I’m sorry.” Baekhyun knew he should not have called her a witch. Nevertheless, he does not mean it anyway.

 Jenny comes closer to Baekhyun. He shrunken as he was about to fall down the few flight of stairs in front of the door. Then, Jenny pinches both his cheeks and leaves him with red marks on his cheeks.

 

“AARRGGGGGGGGOOOUUUCCCHHH! NOONA! I’m sorry!” Baekhyun hardly restrain the pain and made Jenny laughed aloud. Suho knew what happened out there; just made a small laughed and shook his head. “Baekhyun~ Baekhyun~”

 

After that, Jenny joined him to count the stock. “What did you teach him, Suho?”

 

“Ah~ why put the blame on me? I have nothing to do with that kid.” They both laughed and continued chatting while counting the stocks.

 

On the other side, Baekhyun baby is still cleaning up the dust while whining about Jenny.

 

“That old woman~ it hurt! My poor cheeks, my precious cheeks... awww my che-“

 

“Oi! You!” someone called.

 

Baekhyun stopped cleaning and look in front of the gate. He knew who it was as soon as he heard the voice. He is here again, Kris.

 

“Hey! I know you! Something called Baek? Or Baekkie? Am I right?” He slowly came closer to Baekhyun and climbed on top of the little stairs. Now he was completely standing in front of Baekhyun who is absolutely looking smaller than he is.

“Something? I am not a thing, you know. My name is Baekhyun. You should call people properly, or not people will...”

 

“Woi! I do not like counseling…. Especially in the morning~~~~” he roamed around to look at the window so that he can see what is insides, smelled the flowers and suddenly stopped facing the door.

 

“Y-you want to meet Suho hyung? I will call him!”

 

“No! No~ no~~ No thanks. I just want to walk around, well to see how empty this place is…” said Kris.

 

“Sorry?” Baekhyun started to confuse.

 

“Poor little place~~. Don’t you think so?” Kris looked at Baekhyun with his big grin…

 

“I’m sorry? I afraid I don’t understand what you are talking about.” Said Baekhyun.

 

“Hah~~ how can he take such a stupid worker here…” Kris muttered. He slowly opened his cigarette’s box and lit up one cigarette.

 

“ S-sir! Y-you cannot smoke here... This... this is…re-..”

 

“Restricted place bla bla blaaaaa~~~ yyyyeaaaahhh righhhht!” Kris keeps smoking and Baekhyun slowly move backward. As Kris look at him, he noticed it.

 

“Why, Kid? You are also afraid of smoke. Like your Suho hhhyuunng?” he came closer to Baekhyun and kept smoking.

“Sir, please don’t... this place...” silently Baekhyun hold his breath. Suddenly, Kris put his arm around Baekhyun’s neck and pushed Baekhyun to the wall.

 

“Let me test you~ if you afraid of smoke more than Suho or Suho is the loser. Let’s see who will ‘win’.” Kris exhaled the smokes on Baekhyun’s face quite few of times and Baekhyun cannot stand it anymore but he also cannot even push Kris.

 

“P-Ple-ase…s-stop.” Baekhyun begged.

 

Kris just laughed and did it again. Now, Baekhyun cannot hold his breath anymore and effortlessly let the smoke entered his lung with the oxygen that he needed the most. Baekhyun coughed and keeps coughing.

 

“Aw… poor boy! I bet you never smoking hah…” Kris let him go and slowly walk through the stairs about to go out from there. After satisfied torturing Baekhyun, he left him.

 

Baekhyun keep coughing and slowly stabilizing his breathing but he failed. He feels the pain slowly appearing in his chest. He was hardly breathing and collapsed on the floor. Kris did not hear the collapse’s sound since a lorry went across the café.

 

“H... Hyu.. ng... Hyung… *coughed* *coughed* Hyun... gg…” Baekhyun was trying hard to gasp for air. He felt a sting in his chest while grabbing his shirt.

 

Jenny walked through the door to open the air-condition, barely seeing Baekhyun who is already on the floor Since the door was close a bit, Baekhyun could not call on her.

 

“Noon—a... Noona… he-he…h... help... me… * cough* cough*” his eyes keep blurring as his tears flow.

 

“Baekhyun? YA! BAEKHYUN NA! HEY, WAKE UP! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? YA!!” Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s light body into his arms. He cared Baekhyun’s hair and shaked his body from time to time.

Baekhyun cannot say a single word as he keeps on gasping for air.

 

“It…it... h... hur... hurt...” Those were the only words he can say, for he is still panting for air.

“Baekhyun! Chanyeol, what happened!?” Jenny came over after hearing Chanyeol’s voice and was literally shocked with Baekhyun’s condition.

 

“I don’t know!” said Chanyeol, panicking. Jenny quickly searched for Suho and searched something from Baekhyun’s locker. Suho showed first and went to Baekhyun.

 

“Oh, God! Chanyeol, help! We'll send him to the hospital, get your car."

 

“Suho! Suho! Give him this first, quickly!” Jenny quickly gives an inhaler to Suho before he entered the car.

 

“Okay! Jenny, you wait here okay! Let me go to the hospital.” Suho quickly close the door and Chanyeol put the suitable speed and went to the hospital.

 

The hospital is not that far. Baekhyun now is using the oxygen mask but still hardly breathing. His body becomes weaker and weaker. His entire body is shivering and sweating a lot. His hands were getting weak that he let go of Suho's hands but Suho swiftly hold his back.

 

“Baekhyun! Be strong." Suho said those last words before Baekhyun was rushed inside the emergency room together with the nurse and doctors.

 

“Hyung~” Chanyeol called.

 

“Don’t worry, we already helped him with the inhaler, he must be okay. His condition will be not that bad.” said Suho. Instead comforting panicked Chanyeol, it is like mostly he comforting himself.

 

“Be strong, Baekhyun na…” he muttered.

 

**

 

“Kyungsoo oppa….” Ji Hyun entered the kitchen.

 

“Yes Ji Hyunna? Sit here. Our breakfast is ready.” Kyungsoo said as his smile stick on his face.

 

“How is it? Delicious?” asked Kyungsoo.

 

“Waa!!! Yummy! I love this porridge. It’s sweet!”

 

“I know right. There are some chicken, carrot and some mushroom.” Kyungsoo cared her hair. Kyungsoo continued, “Our Ji Hyun, If you think, you able to do the job, able to study at the same time. I will allow you to continue whatever you do now. If you find out you unable to handle it, you had better concentrate ONLY on your study. Get it?” said Kyungsoo. Quite serious this time.

 

“I’m sorry, Oppa.” Ji Hyun lowered her head.

 

“No... Do not be... dear. I’m just worried about you.” Said Kyungsoo.

 

“Oppa, I take this job because I want to help you.” Ji Hyun explained.

 

“Yes, I know. Do not force yourself. I had better say that I should do it alone. Since, I can’t gain much more than now, I think I should let you give a try.”

 

“Oppa, don’t say like that. What you give me is moreeee than enough. I love everything what you have done for me. I am lucky to have a brother like you. Even you are no-..”

 

“ I’m your brother, Ji Hyunna..” Kyungsoo cut her words as he knew what she wanted to say. Only a smile blossoms on Ji Hyun’s face.

 

“ I’ll do my best and gains experience from it, okay? I will give my schedule to you so you can know where I will be going, okay Oppa? I will not let you worry about me” said Ji Hyun, more encouragement now.

 

“ Great! That is my younger sister! Fighting!!!” shouted Kyungsoo.

 

“ Yeahhhhh!! Fighting!!!!” answered Ji Hyun.

 

‘FIGHTING!!!!!’ both Kyungsoo and Ji Hyun keep silent as they heard another voice.

 

“Oppa, you heard that?” whispered Ji Hyun.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and quickly went to the front door and opened it.

 

“ Hehehe!!! Morning, hyung!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I smelled something delicious here!!” shouted Sehun as he entered their house.

 

“Aaaa.. Sehun! You know I’m not affected with your ‘smiling’ eyes…” said Kyungsoo as he followed Sehun to their kitchen..

 

“Aaa.. hyung! Don’t say that..”

 

“ Hey! Why you came here? It’s not your house! Hey! That’s oppa’s porridge you dummy!!!!!” shouted Ji Hyun. She keeps hitting Sehun’s shoulder.

 

“Aa! Aaa!!! AAAAAAA!!! It’s hurt, Ji Hyunna!!!” shouted Sehun.

 

“ Enough!!! Its okay Ji Hyun, there is some more for me. Sehun, you should knock the door, or calling one of us first before entered.” Said Kyungsoo.

 

“ I did, but you opened it first, hyung.”

 

“ Are you sure shouted FIGHTING! is a greeting, Sehunna?” asked Kyungsoo with his judging eyes.

 

“ I just heard you both scream FIGHTING! so I just followed. It’s a good word for encouragement, hyung.” Said Sehun, his words gained a knock on his head from Ji Hyun. But, Sehun ignored and just ate the porridge with them. Well, this is not the first time for them.. *face palm*