A Chance?

That Little Smile

 

“Ji Hyun?”

“Our Ji Hyun, get up now dear.”

Ji Hyun feels a cool on her left cheek. The soft touch…

“Kyungsoo oppa?”

Ji Hyun opens her eyes, and finds her beloved Kyungsoo in front of her, smiling as usual.

“Oppa!” She hugs the beloved one. “I’m sorry,Oppa” Ji Hyun mumbles.

While breakfast, Ji Hyun tells everything to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo only can frowns and hugs her tightly.  He is only blaming his insensitivity for not taking care of Ji Hyun. Kyungsoo let his food get cold while Ji Hyun digs her food and eat very well.

“Don’t be sick, Ji Hyunna dear.” Kyungsoo says and pats her head with love. Ji Hyun nods and smiles broadly. She believes that smile will make Kyungsoo relief, so he can see that she’s fine.

“But who is the man?” Kyungsoo suddenly asks.

“Ah! I don’t know. Aunty Momo did call him, but I don’t remember his name.” Ji Hyun chuckles for her being forgetful. Kyungsoo smiles; “Eat more. Here, your favorite hot chocolate.”

**

“I heard that people who suffered migraine might end up being sick for 3 days. So, Kyungsoo will not come to work for that long?” Baekhyun puts the cups on the shelf and makes his ways to Suho.

“I don’t know. But, I told Kris, and he said Kyungsoo can rest as long as he wants.” Suho answers. Baekhyun rolls his eye. “The way Kris hyung said sounds like ‘rest in peace’ to Kyungsoo.” Suho giggles for the nonsense. Both of them are worry about Kyungsoo, he is not easily get sick but once he does, it really worst.

Nothing special to be told, everything is just normal in Seoul Café. It’s just sometimes people get awkward when Kris starts to help them serving the customers. There are much more girls comes to the café. No doubt, Kris and Suho’s popularity are increasing like crazy.  Everything is getting more fun as Baekhyun keep boasting around when he gets some love letters from the customers.

“Hey! Puppy, come here!” Kris shouts.

There is no one in the kitchen but only Baekhyun who is standing still beside the stove with the uncooked ramyun. Baekhyun still look around if there is any puppy in the kitchen.

“There is no puppy here.” He rolls his eyes. Kris gives up and calls Baekhyun with his name. “Little Byun Baekyun, please come here. I’m calling you.” He lowered his eyebrow, fade up. Baekhyun just nods and walks slowly to Kris.

“Yes?”

“Tell Suho, I want to go to…somewhere uh else, here gives him this list.” Kris orders. Kris walks away with his key and jacket. “Wait! Did you just call me puppy?!” After two minutes Kris went out, Baekhyun shouts, now he knows who the puppy is.

**

This is the third day Kris waits in front of the book café. Hope for Ji Hyun to show up. Sometimes he will wait in front of the grocery store that he left Ji Hyun last time. Well, he doesn’t know what Ji Hyun’s name is.

“Ugh! Where is that girl?” Kris taps his fingers on the dashboard, still in the car and looking around for Ji Hyun. In the end, he comes to home with frustrated mind and soul.

Aunty Momo puts the side dishes on the table while looking at Kris, wondering what’s happen to her beloved son.

“Kris?”

No answer except a sigh. Kris is somewhere else.

“Kris!” Aunty Momo pats his shoulder and makes him jolted. “Ah~ Mom! You startled me!” He frowns. Kris does tell Momo about Ji Hyun but only laugh comes out from his mom’s mouth.

“Why did you laugh?” Kris putdown his glass, angrily.

“Are you falling in love, Kris?” Momo says bluntly cause the latter to blush with those red shades on his face. Kris doesn’t have the answer for that question so he just titles his head, thinking hardly.“No, I’m not.” He answers with doubt. “Tch, where is the love comes from?” Kris tries his very best to act cool and cold. He doesn’t give a about her, without thinking any harder.

“So why did you search for her?” Momo still chuckles in front of the latter, scrutinizes him.

“Uh… Um…” Kris stammeres. He is really clueless and can’t find any other excuses since he also don’t know what is that for. “I don’t know.” He finally says. “Oh my god, you are so cute, Kris.” Momo pinches both of cheeks.

His phone suddenly rings.

“Hello.”

“ Kris, Can I ask you a favor?”

Kris puts down his fork and rises. “Where are you going?” Aunty Momo hold his hand.

“Suho, he asks me to pick him. His car is at the workshop.”

“But, at least drink your juice first.” Aunty Momo takes the glass and gives it to him. After that he goes to pick Suho.

**

Suho is standing still, drinks his strawberry juice in front of grocery store. His eyes are looking for Kris or maybe his car nearby the workshop.

“Oi Suho!” someone calls.

“Uhm? Oh! Kris. Thanks for coming, where is your car?” Suho runs a bit to Kris.

“There. Let’s go.” He answers lazily and places both of his hands into his pocket. Suho follows him from behind. “Thanks.” Suho says. Kris looks down on his right, Suho smiles brightly makes him want to poke. That’s what he’s thinking.

“Why are you smiling? Like … always smiling?” Kris looks back at Suho with annoying face. Suho ruffles his own hair and answers “My mom said smiling is good for health and good for other people too. You can make other smile too. Smiles always bring happiness”. Kris smirks. “Yeah right. You looks like a dummy and you are. Keep smiling like an idiot,hah!” He says bluntly.

“You should try too, actually our customers do complain about you. They said your expression is so cold. You should smile while serving.” Suho answers with care, does not want Kris to get angry. Suddenly, Kris stops from walking, makes Suho startles and covers his mouth.

“I’m… I’m sorry. I did wrong.” Suho stammers.

“They will shut their mouth up when they know I’m the the boss in the café.” Kris smirks once again. Suho just nods obediently.  They get into the car and Kris start the engine, but he can’t start to move.

“Can you sit properly?”

“Wait! Wait! I dropped my phone just now.” Suho lowers his body and strain his hand under the seat, reaching for the phone. He did it, but he get something else too.

“Get it!” Suho shows his phone in the air. Kris glances at Suho’s hand, he start to frown as he can’t recognize the other thing on his hand. Suho can’t read Kris expression, but then he looks at his hand. He’s holding his phone and a bracelet.  Bracelet?

“Hah? What is this? Bracelet? Is this yours?” Suho takes and gives it to Kris.  Kris slowly takes it, sure it’s not his. He scans and look the silver bracelet. “This is not mine.” He mumbles.

“Pardon?” Suho interjects.

“Uh? Nothing.” Kris answers and put the bracelet into his pocket and starts to drive. Leave Suho with his frowns.

After Kris sent Suho back to his house, he once again goes to the book café, but it’s already close. Only a tall boy is cleaning the floor. He sighs and takes his leave.

And then, Ji Hyun comes out from the book section and takes her bag. “Tao, I will leave first okay?”

“Okay. Hey, you should wait for Sehun.”

“Yes, he waits for me in front of the bubble tea stall.”

“Oh, okay, see you tomorrow.” Tao continues his work after Ji Hyun went out.

 

 

 

+++++

 

A/N : How it was?? Do leave some comment :D Eh, I did change the tense ~_____________~ sorry... oh well...