7

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“MOTHERER!” I sat up in bed, waking up to the sound of cursing coming from downstairs. “!” I quickly threw the blankets off my body, running down the stairs, hearing the sound of Donghae’s enraged voice filling the house. I stepped stealthily across the floor boards, stopping outside Donghae’s office, the source of  the yelling.

“GOD DAMNIT!” I flinched at the sudden boom from inside the office. I swallowed hard, shaking slightly and knocking on the door.

“Donghae?” My voice cracked slightly. It was only morning, and my hair was still a mess.

Suddenly, the doors opened, revealing Donghae standing and smiling like nothing had happened.

“Oh, sorry Hyukjae.” He muttered. “Did I wake you?”

“What’s going on Donghae?” I asked, inquiring about the shouting.

His face instantly changed again, his eyes darkened. He took a deep breath.

“There’s been a situation with one of our correspondents in France.” He sighed, releasing his anger with a smile. “I’m really sorry If I scared you.”

“No, it’s just…” I asked while Donghae stepped out past me to the kitchen. I followed him. “Is everything okay?”

Donghae groaned, rolling his neck and leant on the edge of the table.

“It’s just.” He grunted angrily. “I have to go to Paris for a few days to sort it out.”

I slowly nodded. Do I have to get out of his house while he’s away? Of course he doesn’t want me in his house un supervised. Unless Kyuhyun’s on patrol. Even then….

“Oh..” I breathed, not really knowing how to respond.

“It’s just that, I have to take Kyuhyun with me,” He clenched teeth. “Meaning  you’ll be here all by yourself.”

“It’s fine, I can stay at a hotel-.”

“No!” He waved his hands. “You’re fine to stay here, if you want that is, it’s just that you’ll be all by yourself, and I kinda don’t want to leave you. You know, in case something happens.”

Something like me jumping off a cliff, Donghae?

I shrugged.

“I’ll be okay.” I said.

Donghae shot me an apologetic look.

“I’m really sorry.” He said. “I would get out of it if I could, but I can’t because they really need me-.”

“It’s fine.” I laughed. “Just go. I’m not stopping you. It’s not like we’re a married couple or anything.”

Donghae froze at my words.

 Great Hyukjae. That totally wasn’t the most awkward thing to say to another man.

Donghae laughed.

“No, I guess we aren’t.” He looked at me. “Are you sure though? My flight leaves in about an hour.”

“Then what are you standing around for?” I teased. “Go pack! I’ll be fine. I promise.”

Donghae smiled at me, his face still guilt ridden.

 

I offered to help Donghae pack, and I followed him upstairs to his room. I stepped through the door, (I had never been in his bedroom before) and I almost expected it to be covered in posters and cartoon print bed sheets, seeing as Donghae still acted like a child on the inside. I looked around at his room, which was anything but childish. The huge bed was unmade, but covered in different pillows and a large fuzzy black blanket. The floor to ceiling window had a perfect view of the hills across the town and light streamed though lighting the room at the perfect angles. A large glass bookshelf stood against the wall, with books, glass figurines of various animals and other fancy things lined up. Donghae’s shoes clicked on the floor boards, echoing through the spacious living area.

Donghae pulled out a bag and started throwing clothes into it.

“What are you doing?” I asked, watching him shoving his shirts roughly into the bag.

“Packing.” He said, throwing a suit jacket on top of the heap and squishing it all down.

I literally face-palmed at his naivety.

“You have to fold the clothes you idiot.” I said, taking out and re-packing his things for him. If it was one thing I was good at, it was keeping things neat and organized. Donghae was apparently the opposite. I honestly wondered what this house would look like if it weren’t for Kyuhyun.

 

“Okay.” Donghae said, standing at the door with his suitcase. Kyuhyun had arrived with Donghae’s driver  to pick him up to take them to their flight on Donghae’s private jet. “I’ve left you a credit card which you can use on anything you need. I don’t mind, spend as much as you want. I put all my contact numbers into your cell phone (Donghae had bought me a brand new smart phone), so call me the second you need something, or, you know, just want to talk. I’ll call to check up on you a few times with the video phone which is in the other living room. There’s a key to the place on the kitchen counter in case you want to go out, so don’t forget to lock up. And If you were planning to throw a huge party for everyone in the city the second I leave, I‘ll tell you now, I‘d rather you didn‘t (I assumed he was joking there). Don’t invite any serial killers or burglars into the house and make sure you remember to eat and sleep well, okay?”

“No wild parties, no serial killers, and eat well.” I repeated with a nod. “Got it.”

“Okay.” Donghae looked at me. He pointed to Choco who was curled up on her bed in the foyer. “You keep Hyukjae safe, okay Choco?”

“I’ll be fine.” I said. “Now go! Don’t keep Kyuhyun waiting.”

“Okay.” Donghae said again. He smiled warmly, pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his back, assuring him I could take care of myself. “Bye Hyukjae. Be safe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter