26

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I led Donghae downstairs, where I had set up breakfast. I gripped his hand tightly in mine, walking ahead of him down the stairs.

We stepped into the dining room, while I admired my work.

“Hyukjae.” Donghae breathed, squeezing my hand tightly. I bit my lip, not daring to take my eyes off of his priceless reaction.

Two places were set, and a vase of sunflowers stood in the middle of the table, bright and yellow. I had placed a jug of juice (which was actually mimosa I had mixed for the birthday boy) and two tall glasses out for us. Spread out on the table were various fruits, buns and chocolate croissants with jam and cream.

“Surprise.” I sung. Donghae wrapped his arm around my neck, kissing my lips suddenly, causing my footing to stumble slightly.

“This day keeps getting better and better.” Donghae beamed. He moved over to the table to pull out my seat for me, but I beat him to it, pulling his chair out. He smiled bashfully, taking a seat.

“Well, today is your day baby.” I said, kissing his cheek and putting a croissant on his plate.

Donghae ate almost all the food I had put out. I took two bites of a cinnamon bun and felt full, whereas my boyfriend had no trouble eating through an entire fruit platter. Honestly, I had expected leftovers.

 

I took Donghae to the park, where we had a romantic lunch from the nearby café. We sat on the grass under the shade of the tree, overlooking the lake. Donghae was lying down, his head resting in my lap while I dragged my fingers through his long brown hair.

“You know, I think this is the best birthday I’ve ever had.” Donghae smiled, looking up at me, his eyes squinting in the sun.

“Really?” I asked, running my hand over his cheek.

“Of course,” He said. “I’ve never spent my birthday in a relationship before.”

I was somewhat surprised, seeing as well, he was easy on the eyes. And by that, I mean he was the hottest guy I had ever laid eyes on. And that was being modest.

Everything from his sparking chocolate eyes to his beautifully toned body screamed attractive. Plus, he was undoubtedly the most kind hearted person I had ever met.

He saved my life. I said, my boyfriends hair. I know I could never leave him. I owe him my existence. I’ll never forget that.

Donghae brought his hand to mine, our matching rings catching in the sunlight. I knew I was exactly where I should be, and that I would spend the rest of my life with such an incredible guy.

 

If it weren’t for my hay fever, we could have spent the rest of the afternoon in the park, watching the clouds go by, and hearing the sound of the birds and the rustling of the wind in the trees. But of course, I had allergies.

And Donghae didn’t even mind.

“It’s okay.” He said, kissing the side of my head, while I blinked my eyes, which were already becoming irritated. “Let’s just go home.”

 

It was already five o clock. Donghae had prepared for us to take the private jet to Heechul’s place in Seoul. I had to admit to myself, I was feeling slightly antsy about tonight. I hadn’t really met many of Donghae’s friends apart from Heechul, Kyuhyun, Key and Dr. Park. Apart from that, I had kept myself out of his apparent social life. Not that he ever had guests over. Which was strange, considering he was obviously well connected.

I guess he’s just not a socialite. I said.

Heechul had said to dress formal, seeing as this was going to be a fairly fancy party, which I guessed lots of celebrity and millionaire friends of his would be attending. I honestly had no idea what to expect.

“You don’t actually have to wear a suit, love.” Donghae said, hesitantly handing me a tuxedo to borrow.

“You’re in a suit.” I pointed out. He was wearing a completely white suit, with a red tie hanging loosely around his neck. Even though I was used to seeing him in this kind of attire, it never failed to take my breath away at how gorgeous he was.

“But you don’t have to.” He replied. “Besides, I like what you’re wearing now, just wear that.”

“Donghae,” I said, raising my eyebrows and gesturing to my clothing. “I’m in a t-shirt and boxers.”

He winked, leaving me to change in the bedroom. I rolled my eyes.

I had finished suiting up, and I had to admit; I didn’t look half bad. Sure the pants were a little loose around the waist and the jacket looked a little too big, but I didn’t think it was too noticeable.

I stared myself down in the mirror, running my hands over my non-existent with a sigh.

Tying my bow-tie in the mirror was difficult, seeing as everything was backwards, but I got it eventually. I smiled, seeing Donghae’s face appear in the reflection. He rested his hands on my hips, placing his chin on my shoulder.

“You look…” He said. I could feel his breath on my ear.

Beautiful? Cute? Pretty? Was his usual vocabulary.

“…y.” He finished, much to my surprise. I couldn’t suppress showing my gums as I beamed at him.

Just wait ‘till tonight. I smirked to myself. I’ll show you y.

 

“Are you  ready to go?” Donghae asked, running his fingers over the ring on his hand. The ring that showed he was mine.

“Hang on.” I said, finishing tying the laces on my shoes. Compared to the rest of my body, my feet were greatly out of proportion. Unfortunately, none of Donghae’s dress shoes fit me, (come on, he had tiny little girl feet!) so instead I broke the whole ‘formal’ look I was initially going for by wearing my Converse sneakers with the suit.

I jumped up.

“I want to give you your present now,” I explained, “Before we go.”

“Wait,” Donghae smiled. “So the massage, breakfast and lunch in the park wasn’t my present?”

“Nope.” I smiled, hurrying to the linen closet in the hallway. “You still have two more surprises.”

“Two?” Donghae gasped, peeking out of the doorway while I dug behind the sheets.

“Close your eyes.” I said, grabbing the sweater with the gift wrapped inside.

Donghae complied, slowly shutting his eyes with a smile on his face. I stepped over to him, grabbing his hands, I carefully slid the object out of the jumper and placed it in the warmth of his hands. He palmed the object, suddenly opening his eyes.

“Oh my god-.”

“Hey!” I whined. “I didn’t say you could open your eyes!”

Donghae ignored me, starring down at the small glass dolphin in his hands with amazement.

“Hyukjae!” He gasped, running his fingers along the delicate dorsal fin.

“I-It kind of represents that time we went to the sea.” I said stupidly. “It was a happy day. We saw dolphins, remember? And I know I ended up getting sea sick… All down the side of your boat actually, sorry by the way, but I had fun, and I think it would be nice to go again some day-.” Donghae cut me off, grabbing the back of my head, kissing my lips, moving his mouth over mine. I closed my eyes, feeling his touch send shivers though my whole body. Almost a month and a half of kissing, and I still would never get used to it.

“It’s perfect.” He said, pulling away. I sheepishly my lips. “I love it so much. Thankyou Hyuk.” He kissed me again, before grabbing my hand and taking me to his book case. He set the crystal figurine at the top of the shelf, letting little beads of sunlight pour through onto the glass surface of the book case.

At least he likes it. I smiled to myself in congratulation. He grabbed my waist, pulling me in and attacking my lips once again, his tongue finding its way inside my mouth. I held the back of his head, mashing my lips against his.

Okay, so he reeeally likes it.

 

I kissed Choco goodbye while Donghae loaded both of our overnight bags into the back of the car. The two of us took the limousine to the airport, where once again, Donghae’s private jet was waiting for us to take us to Heechul’s house in Seoul.

I wonder if there’s going to be other celebrities there. I began to think, as Donghae fastened my seat belt for me. I leant back into the leather seats, holding my hand out to Donghae. He took it, wrapping his fingers with mine, our palms pressed together.

I smiled at him while he leant over and kissed my cheek.

I knew Donghae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter