18

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let me kiss you Hyukkie!” Donghae teased me, planting his lips on the side of my face. I squirmed in his lap.

“Stop it!” I laughed while he curled his fingers around mine.

I leaned my head back on his shoulder while I sat in his lap on the couch. An evening news program was rambling on in the background, neither of us paying attention as we were far too caught up in being with each other.

I kicked my legs against his, laughing uncontrollably as he kissed my cheek, then my neck and all the way up my jaw.

“Stop it!” I giggled, really meaning for him to continue.

The past few days had been exactly like this. Kissing, cuddling and just being totally in love with each other. Everything was perfect. Too perfect.

Maybe the bus back to Mokpo had crashed and I had died and gone to heaven. My mind couldn’t comprehend how Donghae had actually agreed to be my boyfriend.

I didn’t care; I was happy.

Donghae continued to plant small chaste kisses all over my face until suddenly:

“Ugh, you guys are ing gross.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes walking into the room with a basket of laundry.

Donghae grabbed my hand and kissed it, sending Kyuhyun an evil glare.

“Seriously, you two look like two school girls over there.” He said monotonously. “Get a room.”

“We have one.” Donghae said, stating the obvious, making Kyuhyun roll his eyes again.

“Well then take your ooey gooey giggle sesh there.” He said. “It’s making me sick.”

“Don’t listen to him.” Donghae whispered into my ear. “He’s just a walking example of the phrase ‘forever alone’.”

I laughed.

“I’m not sure which is worse,“ Kyuhyun scoffed, ignoring the remark. “Donghae’s emo phase after you left, or watching you two thrashing around like a pair of eels.”

“What emo phase?” I turned to Donghae who just looked in the other direction with a dumb smile on his face.

“He hasn’t told you?” Kyuhyun sighed, wiping down the coffee table with a cloth. “After you left to go back with that woman, what’s-her-face-.”

“Hyoyeon.” I said, regretting it instantly, feeling Donghae’s arms tense. Note to self: That name is taboo.

“Right, her.” Kyuhyun continued. “Donghae spent the entire week ing to me about pretty much everything. When he wasn’t drunk and crying in my arms like the wuss he is, he was lazing about, wallowing in his own filth. He didn’t even do any work. I had to keep…”

He exchanged a suspicious look with Donghae.

“The company going.” He finished.

I felt my heart clench.

“Oh my god…” I breathed, feeling a rush of guilt. “Donghae, is that really what happened?”

Donghae shrugged, kissing my temple.

“I’m so sorry…” I said.

Because of me, he suffered. I just packed up and left him to go back with my ex girlfriend. How did I not even consider his feelings? Stupid Hyukjae! Stupid!

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” Donghae looked at me, resting his chin on my shoulder and holding me tighter to his chest. “As long as we’re together now, I’m the happiest guy on earth.”

I smiled, leaning in and kissing him gently on the lips.

“Ew.” Kyuhyun said, interrupting our moment. “As happy as I am for you Donghae, you are too corny for your own good.”

“I think it’s sweet.” I smiled, earning yet another kiss on the cheek.

“Don’t like it? Leave.” Donghae said, taking my hand in his and resting it on his knee.

“I think I will.” Kyuhyun said, taking the basket of laundry to fold upstairs. “Oh, and by the way…”

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes.

“If you two have in Donghae’s bed, I’m not cleaning it.” He scrunched up his nose. “You can consider that a breech of conduct.”

Donghae laughed, nuzzling my neck as Kyuhyun plodded up the stairs.

“You’re so cute Hyukkie.” Donghae said, going back to kissing my face again. “I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of kissing you.”

I laughed again, feeling his breath on my neck.

And I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of being kissed by you.

 

An entire week went by. I was actually surprised I was able to hold onto a guy like Donghae for as long as even seven days. Donghae was the perfect boyfriend. He was sweet, kind and didn’t hold back on hugging me or kissing my cheek every opportunity he got. Every night, I slept with Donghae holding me. And for that entire week, the night terrors I seemed to have suffered from in the past completely disappeared.

 

There was one thing that was bugging me though. Every chance I had alone with my thoughts this one topic would creep through my head, making me more worried and nervous than I had been before.

 

“Donghae?” I finally said one night we were in bed. I brushed the hair out of his eyes, waiting for them to open.

“Hmm?” He mumbled, his eyes remaining shut.

I sighed.

Here it goes.

“W-what exactly happened to you in prison?” I asked.

Donghae’s face tensed and his eyes shot open.

There was a tense moment, where Donghae’s breathing came to a halt. He just gazed at me in shock.

. There goes your happiness Hyukjae. He’s going to dump you for being a nosy bastard again, always prodding into his business.

“Why do you ask?” He said. “Unless, you mean, was I… Err…?”

I suddenly caught his drift.

“No!” I dismissed the thought of something like that happening to him. “No, I mean… You were in there for two whole years of your life, right? It must have been awful.”

I traced my finger in circles along his bare arm.

Donghae bit his lip slightly, looking at me in the eye.

“I don’t like to recall those years Hyuk.” He said. “They weren’t the best t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter