29

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“As a wise man once said,” Heechul slurred, downing another shot of vodka with a hiss. “Commitment is for douche bags.”

Hongki rolled his eyes, hoping his friend wouldn’t end up too smashed by the end of the night, otherwise he’d have to pay for the ride home. Before he could stop him, Heechul had already ordered another round of drinks for himself, leaving Hongki still on his first glass of alcohol.

The two sat in the empty bar, not really having anything better to do with their Friday nights, but drink away their troubles in a dimly lit hotel.

“And what man could have been wise enough to have said that?” Hongki asked, raising an eyebrow and slouching onto the counter.

“Me.” Heechul chuckled, earning another dumbfounded glare from his younger friend.

Hongki sipped his drink, debating in his mind whether or not to just ditch the red-head and head on home to his girlfriend.

“At least you have Min.” Heechul said, just as Hongki was thinking of her. “You were lucky enough to get with a body as fine as hers, but as for me, I guess I’ll just end up alone.”

Hongki didn’t even hesitate to not console his drunken friend.

“Seriously. You have Min, Donghae has Eunhyuk 2, and even Kyuhyun has his new little canine friend. I mean come on! It‘s not even his dog and he won‘t shut up about it!” Heechul sighed, huffing his red bangs from his face. “I should just take Sungmin’s advice and turn gay. Maybe then I could get some decent .”

Tapping his fingers on the coaster in front of him, Hongki didn’t have much of a choice but to listen to his friend’s depressive words.

“I mean, I’m a superstar for s sake.” He grumbled. “I know, the whole ‘Super Junior’ charade is just a cover for our operation, but I mean, I’m Kim Heechul, the famous pretty-faced heartthrob. Doesn’t that deserve a little higher chances with the women?”

“I don’t know,” Hongki shrugged. “Maybe they’d appreciate you more if you didn’t dress up as Lady Gaga and flaunt your pathetic girly for everyone to see.”

“Hey!” Heechul whined, sending a threatening glare. “SM made me do that! And for the last time I didn’t want to shave my thighs!”

Hongki couldn’t help but giggle.

“I know I know.” He clapped his friend on the back. “I was just kidding.”

The two of them drank in silence, when suddenly, Heechul’s phone rang in his pocket, playing an obnoxious Super Junior anthem.

“Yep?” Heechul answered briefly.

Hongki witnessed his sudden mood change from drunk and cheery to apparently sober and serious.

His eyebrows raised.

‘Is it Donghae?’ Hongki mouthed, earning a shake of Heechul’s head.

“Uh huh…” Heechul listened, his expression faltering. “…Wait, WHAT?!!”

Heechul screamed and alarm bells rang in Hongki’s head.

Heechul then slammed the phone onto the bar, muttering a string of unique curses.

“That was Jinki, my inside man!” Heechul said, with a panicked expression, standing immediately and faltering with his wallet to pay the bill. “Apparently Choi had the date on Donghae moved up, right under our noses! Under all their noses! They didn‘t even see this coming! !”

Heechul grabbed his coat as Hongki followed behind.

“This is bad. This is bad bad bad!” Heechul cursed, rushing to his car. “They’re coming! We have to get to Donghae. NOW.”

“Wait!” Hongki yelled in distress. “I thought we had a year to get out of the country! How much longer do we have?!”

Heechul snapped his head around, sending an expression that pierced Hongki’s very soul.

“Three hours.”

 

 

 

 

 

Where the hell is Hyukjae? I paced the living room, biting my thumbnail intently. It had already been an hour since he should have finished up at the theatre and he hadn’t returned home yet. The sky was beginning to darken, and I had started to panic. Normally, Hyukjae was always right on time, and if he wasn’t, he’d always call.

When he was only half an hour late, I had tried calling his cell phone. No answer.

Why the isn’t he home yet?! I said, constantly unlocking my phone to check the time and for any messages he might have left me. Nothing.

I sighed heavily, trying to prevent the panic from rising in my chest. But I couldn’t. I was worried as .

Hyukjae, where are you?! I screamed in my mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter