30

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello, my name is Seungri.” The man in the suit said, taking a few steps closer.

I sat there, glued to the seat, begging mentally for the man not to come any further towards me.

He’s been following me. He knows my name. My heart pounded in my throat, causing my chest to feel tight.

I tired to calm myself, trying not to let the fact that we were totally alone in an empty park with barely any houses around come into my mind.

Could this possibly have something to do with… Donghae?

My mind went blank at that thought, although not even allowing me to piece together the mystery of the man in the suit.

It was odd, his face was soft, young and not intimidating at all. In fact, nothing about him seemed untrustworthy at all.

His black suit however, instantly brought up alarm bells.

He could be a mobster.

The man hadn’t said anything, he just stood there, eyeing me with an unreadable expression. I really didn’t know what to expect, or who I could trust any more.

“It’s funny,” He said finally, giving me chills once again. “It seems as though I’m not the only one following you Hyukjae.” His voice was cool, calm and coaxing in a way, like the way a doctor would speak to his patients.

“I wonder where little Hongki is tonight.” He sighed. “It seems as though he’s left you all alone tonight.”

What?

My mind quickly jumped to Lee Hongki, Donghae’s driver. I’d met him on several occasions, including Donghae’s birthday, but I failed to see why he’d been brought up so suddenly by this ‘Seungri’ guy.

“Did you know that Donghae has been keeping a close eye on you wherever you go?” Seungri asked, casually slipping his hands into his pockets. “Or did he lie to you about that too?”

My eyes widened, but I still couldn’t find the voice to answer him.

“Hongki has been on your trail for weeks now.” Seungri said, sending me an apologetic look. “I guess Donghae never told you why.”

Donghae had someone following me?! Why? When?

I wished more than anything he would stop talking. I was far too terrified to find out the truth about the situation from anyone other than Donghae. I willed myself to be home, even if it meant to Donghae who had lied to me. Anywhere would have been better than being on this park bench, with a stranger who apparently knew more about the situation than me.

“I’m guessing there’s a lot you don’t know about Donghae,” Seungri said, smirking slightly. “Wouldn’t you say, Hyukjae?”

My heart was still trying to force it’s way out of my mouth. I almost felt tears come to my eyes.

Please. I said, momentarily squeezing my eyes shut. Donghae. Please help me.

“Well,” Seungri exhaled, scuffing his feet on the pavement. “I guess you’ll find out soon enough. But, do me a favour will you? Give my regards to Donghae.”

Seungri turned to leave, heading back into the darkness, muttering ‘see you soon, Hyukjae’ before leaving me completely alone under the street light.

See you soon Hyukjae. I felt my breath hitch and my knees shake. What on earth was he talking about.

Still in a heavy state of shock, I walked to my car, feeling as though someone was going to jump out on me at any second. I carefully eased myself into the seat behind the wheel, locking the door before starting the engine.

What the is happening?

As I automatically drove home, I realised I had never felt more terrified in my entire life.

I drove in the silence of the car hanging over me like a blanket, my thoughts buzzing with terrifying ideas as to what had been happening under my nose this entire time.

After a good twenty minutes of driving, I finally made it through the familiar white gates and pulled up to the driveway of the house, getting out and slamming the door.

’s about to hit the fan. I said to myself, finding the right key on my set, opening the door. I stepped into the foyer, not even bothering to kick off my shoes, greeted by nothing other than the automatic lights flicking on.

“D-Donghae?” I stammered, calling into the silent house.

Nothing.

I composed myself, leaning against the bench.

Suddenly, the front door flew open, making me jump violently.

“DONGHAE!” I heard Heechul’s voice cry out. “DONGHAE! WE HAVE A SITUATION!”
Heechul stormed into the room, Hongki following close behind. I could tell he was drunk, but I couldn’t think of why they had barged in, screaming like a war had begun.

Well, how was I to know anyway?

“HYUKJAE!” Heechul said, roughly grabbing my shoulders and making me shriek. The panic in his voice and on his face made me extremely nervous. “Where is Donghae?!”

“I-I don’t know.” I said in a state of shock. “Why?! What happened to him?!”

My insides contracted in fear, afraid of what Heechul would respond with.

“!” Heechul screamed, releasing me. “Hongki, are you sure you can’t call him?!”

“I tried.” Hongki snapped. “He’s not answering. I’ll try Kyu.”

He stormed out into the other room with his phone clutched in his hand.

“, this is not good!” Heechul gritted his teeth in a menacing fashion. I’d never seen Heechul this worked up, and it honestly scared me. “What if we’re too late?!”

My stomach dropped.

“Why, what’s going on?!” I demanded. “Is Donghae in trouble?!”

Heechul bit his lip, giving me a heavy stare, as if this was something I should not be involved in, which was probably right.

Tears quivered in my eyes.

“What’s going on?!” I practically screamed, demanding answers to the dire situation.

I was sick of not knowing anything. I was frustrated by the fact that I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Donghae was in trouble, probably with the guy in the suits. I demanded some answers.

“I honestly don’t have time to explain.” Heechul’s breath was racy. “But please, just keep calm.”

Which was easy for him to say. He wasn’t the one with a boyfriend who was apparently in trouble, and who had lied to him.

Don’t have time to explain…What? What was this that involved both Heechul and Hongki as well as Kyuhyun and Donghae and a bunch of guys in suits, presumably the same guys I had seen out the front of our house while Donghae was in Paris?

I clenched my teeth over my lip, as if the physical pain would conquer the emotional struggle going through my mind.

Hongki’s feet slammed down onto the tiles as he hurried back into the room, with a horrified look on his face. 

“Donghae’s gone to look for him.” He motioned towards me. “I told Kyuhyun of the situation, and is getting a safe house up and running, and is working on approval of deployment.”

Safe house? Deployment? WHAT THE IS GOING ON?!

My mind raced and my breathing was rapid.

Donghae is out looking for me. I suddenly felt so stupid for taking a detour home.

“Well, I think Kyu’s getting in contact with him.” Hongki said. “But Heechul, we gotta get out of here. If they take down Donghae, we’ll be next.”

“What?!” I blurted.

“I know.” Heechul snapped. “But we can’t just leave Hyukjae here!”

A light appeared outside the house, flickering through the windows, making all of us freeze. The lights drew closer, morphing into two blaring beams of light which looked like headlights of a car. A shudder went through my whole body, still in shock and trying to grasp concept of what was unfolding in front of me.

The door slammed open for the second time, followed by Donghae, looking ragged and stressed.

Oh my god!

I had never been so relieved to see Donghae, forcing every idea of him being involved with something so large scale and serious out of my mind.

“Donghae!” Heechul said, as Hongki muttered something about perfect timing. “WE HAVE A PROBLEM.”

Donghae threw his keys onto the vanity, looking up at Heechul in shock of being ambushed in his own home. His eyes then fell on me.

“Hyukjae!” He called, letting his shoulders drop as he sprinted towards me. I was almost knocked off my feet, as Donghae threw his arms around me. “Oh thank I was so worried Hyukjae.”

His voice sent shivers though my body, but not in a good way.

“Donghae.” I said, pushing him away from me, ignoring the look on his face. “What the is going on?!”
Donghae opened his mouth to respond, when Heechul cut him off.

“No time!” He boomed. “Donghae, there’s been a situation.”

Donghae’s eyes widened. I had the feeling he knew what everyone was so worked up about.

“They’re coming.” Heechul yelled. “Choi and the rest are coming. Nothing can stop them this time. They’ve moved up the approved date without anyone knowing. Not even Jinki had access to that information. We have three hours-.”

“Three ing hours?!” Donghae screamed, grasping his hair. I jumped. It scared me even more seeing Donghae, who was usually so cool and collected lose it like that.  “ARE YOU TELLING ME IN THREE ING HOURS THEY WILL BE ALL OVER THIS PLACE?!” He gestured wildly.

They’re coming here? Who were they? The guys in suits?

It all clicked.

Why Seungri had said ‘see you soon’.

People were coming to possibly hurt Donghae, for what ever reason.

“Yes!” Heechul said, wavering his hands madly. “There’s no time for an official deportation. You need to get the out of here. Now.”

Donghae swore loudly, stealing glances at me between Heechul and Hongki.

“No,” Donghae argued. “You take Hyukjae to Kyuhyun, then at least you guys can-.”

“NO!” I screamed, making all eyes fall on me. “Donghae.” I pleaded. “I have no idea what’s going on, but please, don’t leave me. Not now.” I’m so scared.

Donghae shook his head.

“Hyukjae, trust me,” His face scrunched up into a hurt expression. “You have to go with Heechul. Right now.”

“Trust you?” I shot back. “Trust you!? You lied to me! You don’t own a company! Your father doesn’t even have a company. I don’t know what the is going on, but don’t you dare tell me to trust you.”

Donghae stretched his arm out to me, but I took a step back, avoiding his embrace and glaring at him.

He genuinely looked hurt, as well as panicked.

“Hyukjae.” His voice hitched. “I’m so sorry. I can explain all this, but please, right now I need you to-.”

“NO ing time!” Heechul boomed once again, pointing to the large window over looking the front yard.

“Holy… .” Hongki muttered, as the four of us caught sight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter