11

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Oh my god!” Donghae yelled as I stumbled through the door. I dropped the bags onto the tiles, and hugged my body. My t-shirt was soaking wet and clinging to my chest and my pants were cold and heavy against my legs. The water from the rain had dripped all the way into my shoes and socks, making my entire body cold to the touch. My hair dripped onto my face as I panted through my shivers. By the time I had walked all the way up the hill to Donghae’s house, not only was it dark, but the rain still poured down.

“Hyukjae! Oh my god what happened?!” He ran to me while my teeth chattered.

“Th-the rain.” I stuttered, feeling the cold consume my body. “M-my phone was flat. I c-couldn’t call.”

Donghae stared at me in shock, brushing my damp hair out of my eyes and placing a hand on my cheek.

“, you’re freezing Hyuk!” He said, eyes wide. “You nose is all red!”

He helped me upstairs to my room. He took three towels out of the closet, gently wiping some of the water off my face.

“Take off your clothes and dry yourself off.” He said, going into the bathroom and closing the door behind him. I heard running water behind the door, and did as I was told. I peeled off my shirt and jeans, letting them fall onto the floor in the puddle I was standing in. I patted down my body with the thick towels, soaking up all the water, but still feeling icy cold.

I wrapped the towel around my body and stepped weakly into the bathroom.

“Here, I prepared you a bath.” Donghae said, leaning over the tub and turning off the taps. The steam from the bath rose up into the air, filling the white room with a thick fog.

“Get warm and call me if you feel dizzy or need anything.” Donghae ducked out of the room, returning with a pile of clothes. “Put these on when you’re done.”

He left the clothes on the counter, along with another towel and shot me a concerned look before leaving the bathroom and shutting the door.

I dropped my towel and dipped my hand into the water experimentally.

It’s the perfect temperature.

I slipped my leg into the bath, followed by the rest of my body, and settled against the edge.

I let out a heavy sigh, feeling the hot water warm my entire body up. I began to regain feeling in my hands and feet which had gone completely numb. My insides felt warm again and I splashed water over my cold face.

I dipped my whole body under the water, and some of the water sloshed over the edge.

Once I figured my body temperature was back at a comfortable level, I stepped out and dried myself, dressing in the thick pyjamas and jumper Donghae had put out for me. I tousled my white-blonde hair with the towel and hung it over my shoulders.

I stepped out from the warm bathroom to find Donghae sitting on my bed.

“How do you feel?” He asked.

“A lot better, thankyou.” I said. He took the towel from my shoulders and draped it over my head. He massaged the towel over my head, drying off any remaining drips from my hair.

“I’m really sorry Hyuk.” Donghae said, looking me straight in the eyes.

‘What for?” I asked.

“Because I wasn’t able to pick you up.” He sighed. “You had to walk home in the rain.”

“That’s ridiculous.” I muttered. It really was. I was the idiot who forgot to charge his phone.

“No,” He continued. “I just mean, I feel like I should be the one to stop these things from happening.”

I rolled my eyes, taking his hands from the top of my head.

“It’s nothing Donghae.” I said.

“You need to rest.” He told me. “Otherwise you might get sick. That would be even worse.”

“I’m sure I-.”

He brought his hands to my face, palming my cheeks.

“Hyuk, you’re hot.” He gasped.

At any other time, I would have found it hilarious that another man was holding my cheeks and telling me this, but Donghae was right. I felt really dizzy. A feeling I was all too familiar with.

“Get into bed.” He pointed at my bed.

“Yes, sir.” I huffed. I climbed under the sheets.

Donghae left the room and came back a few minutes later with a glass of water, two tablets and a cloth draped over his arm. He held a striking resemblance to a butler.

“Here.” He tipped the tablets into my palm. I swallowed the tablets without questioning what I was taking and downed the rest of the water, handing him the glass which he left on the bedside table.

He took the cloth which was damp with cool water and placed it over my burning forehead. At first, it sent a shiver through my entire body, but then it felt a whole lot better.

“If you get a fever,” Donghae said. “I’m never letting you out of the house again.”

 

I woke around midnight, curled up under the blankets and panting in a cold sweat. My entire body felt heavy and hot, and my head pounded. I let out a few shuddering breaths of pain, bringing my knees tighter to my chest. The sharp pain in my head made me groan slightly.

Please. Please just make it stop.

I groaned loudly between breaths, throwing the blankets off my body. I gritted my teeth and huffed loudly.

I let out a deep scream, regretting it instantly as light

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter