3

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stepped into the living room, this time, having woken up at around nine in the morning. Still in my borrowed pyjamas, I rubbed my eyes, staring at the most unusual sight.

Donghae sat on the five seater couch with a blanket draped over his knees and coffee in his hands, happily watching…

“Spongebob?” I asked, leaning on the back of the couch. “Seriously?”

Donghae looked up at me, deadpan as though there was nothing out of the normal about a twenty four year old watching cartoons on a Sunday morning.

“Not a Spongebob kind of guy are you?” He laughed, sipping his coffee. I took a seat beside him.

He laughed at the television, I laughed at the fact that a supposed grown up was laughing at a kids show.

“Did you sleep well?” I asked him, “You were working pretty late last night.”

I wasn’t just engaging in small talk; I genuinely wanted to know.

“I went to bed around two,” He sighed. “But I’m used to it. It’s all good.”

He gestured to the cup in his hands, shoving it under my nose.

“Want some? I can make you a cup if you want.” He offered.

“No, I-.” I paused, smelling the strong aroma coming from his cup. I grabbed his arm, pulling it closer and sniffed the hot liquid. My eyes widened. “Did you put vodka in your coffee?!”

I exclaimed, shoving the cup away from me.

“It’s whisky actually…” He pouted, turning his attention back to the starfish on the screen.

I snatched the cup from his hands.

“I’m serious!” I yelled. “You can’t put alcohol in this! For gods sake Donghae, It’s nine o’ clock in the morning!”

“What’s wrong with a healthy morning buzz?” He asked.

“It’s not healthy!” I stood up, walking to the sink.

I saw Donghae wince slightly when I poured the cup of hot booze down the sink.

“I’ll make you just coffee.” I said, turning on his coffee machine. “How do you take it?”

“Half milk, six sugars.” He sighed at the loss of his drink.

“Six?” I asked. “I don’t know what’s going to kill you, your love of alcohol or love of sugar.”

Donghae laughed while I fixed his coffee.

 

“There.” I handed him a fresh cup. It had taken me about twenty minutes to make after trying to figure out how his complex coffee machine worked. “And don’t even think about adding anything to it.”

Donghae sipped his coffee.

“It tastes weird.”

“That’s because it’s sober.” I said smugly.

He sipped the rim of the cup with wide eyes, closely resembling a fish.

“Good weird.” He his lips.

I smiled at him and watched him finish his drink, stopping between sips to laugh at the television.

If this is how he spends his Sundays, he’s one weird dude.

 

Although I had only planned on staying at Donghae’s house for one more night and planned to look for a more permanent residency else where, I couldn’t help but feel selfish to be living there.

I wore his clothes, ate his foods, used his electricity, watched his TV, used his shampoo and slept a bed which belong entirely to Donghae.

The only thing which I could rightfully claim as mine was the toothbrush I used. Of course, Donghae had bought that for me too.

During lunch, I used the time to get to know my ‘saviour’ a little better. We talked mostly about what our jobs involved. My job had been in an office at a local computer firm, and Donghae’s was managing the company his father had left him.

Now that I think about it, Donghae hadn’t really told me what the company did, or what he even did. The more I remember, it seems that Donghae had very skilfully dodged most of my questions by reverting them back to my life.

I hadn’t noticed that I knew very little about him, while he almost knew my entire life’s story. The feeling made me uneasy, but I figured he just didn’t want to get too personal with a guy who would be gone soon anyway.

I guess I was distracted by scolding Donghae every time he tried to sneak a little extra sugar or brandy in to his seemingly healthy meal of a ham sandwich and cola.

Blame my cooking skills.

Donghae had ducked out of the house for a while in the evening, leaving me to my own wits for about an hour so. I used this time to reflect on my life.

And to stare in awe at his personal gym. (I had never known anyone who had owned a treadmill before, and honestly couldn’t wait to see what kinds of things I could put on the conveyer belt and fling off at the highest speed.)

The sun was already beginning to set, and I gazed at the beautiful tinted sky out of the window.

I thought about my girlfriend. No, ex-girlfriend.

We are over. I lay flat on my back on my bed. I will never get to kiss her again. I never even had the chance to propose to her…

I wondered if she missed me. I actually wondered if she’d take me back.

I wanted to show up on the doorstep of the flat we used to share and beg for her to take me back. I knew my efforts would be useless, seeing as the guy she was now dating would beat the out of me in a flash.

Taeyang. The guy that was in her business class at the university.

I clenched my fists. She’d actually introduced me to him a couple of times when I had gone to pick her up from one of her classes. I’d always figured they were just friends. The guy looked as toug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter