27

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae picked up a glass of champagne off the silver platter, offering me one, which I refused. I was already exhausted, and didn’t really feel like drinking anything. He shrugged, sipping the edge of the tall glass.

I had run into most of the members from Super Junior who were hanging around Heechul, or had actually bothered to come over and say hello. To my surprise, most of them, with the exception of Shindong and Zhou Mi actually seemed to recall meeting me before. All the members were apparently here, except for Henry, who had returned to China. But there was one dancer in particular whom I had been itching to meet, and the only one from the bunch I hadn’t seen.

Donghae said goodbye to Sungmin, who insisted he head home, even though it was only nearing ten.

I craned my head over the crowd.

Is Eunhyuk even here?

“Who are you looking for honey?” Donghae smiled, sending me a suggestive expression.

“Oh, uh… No one.” I said finally, sighing and giving up on my search. I guess I’ll never get to meet him.

I turned to Donghae, who’s attention seemed to be on me. He gave me this weird smile, one which I had never seen before.

“What?” I asked him with a small giggle. He shook his head, his eyes forming crescent moons.

“Nothing,” He said. “Just that I love you.”

I looked at my feet, smiling like a kid with a lollipop.

“Love you too.” I mumbled.

“Want to dance?” He asked me, placing his glass down on the top of the mantelpiece.

“Really?” I asked.

“Of course.” He said. “And it’s my birthday today so you can’t refuse me.”

I rolled my eyes, taking his hand and following him into the middle of the room. Only a few other couples were dancing. Heechul had his arms around a younger woman, who looked about twenty and he sent me a wink.

Donghae grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him and holding my hand. I sighed into his touch, remembering when we had done this all before in the rooftop on Japan.

“Heechul’s parties aren’t half as bad if you’re here.” He smiled, pecking my lips quickly, to avoid another public embarrassment.

I rested my head on his shoulder, allowing my body to follow his in time with the music. It was calm, sweet and relaxing. A perfect end to the evening.

Suddenly, my whole body stiffened as my eyes caught the back of someone who I had been looking for all evening.

It’s him. He was here!

 Donghae didn’t notice as my eyes followed the spiky haired brunette out of the room, watching him grab his leather jacket and head out the door. I never did see his face. But somehow, I knew it was him.

I wasn’t attracted to Eunhyuk, so it wasn’t like I was stalking him because of a celebrity crush or anything. I had just always admired his style, his charisma and his passion for dancing. If anything, I wanted to be him. I smiled to myself, leaning my head back down onto Donghae.

 

After about an hour, guests began to slowly disappear. Bom had come to say goodbye to us, wishing both Donghae and I the best. After it hit midnight, Heechul didn’t hesitate to yell at guests:

“Thanks for coming… Now get the out of my house!”

Which, if you ask me was a little un called for.

I poured myself one last drink, gulping it down and heading off to find Donghae.

Heechul had successfully moved everyone out of his house, and was now standing in the living room, looking at the natural mess left behind by shuffled magazines, drink glasses and spilt food.

“Aish, look at this mess.” He sighed, shaking his head. He turned to Donghae who was sitting on the couch, his head flopped back. “If only Kyu were here, I’d get him to clean all this up. I guess I’ll just have to get Minzy to do it.”

Hang on, where was Kyuhyun? When I thought about it, I hadn’t seen him the entire evening. I would have thought he would be there, seeing as he was Donghae’s best friend.

Knowing Kyuhyun, he probably said something like: “You can shove that party up your . No way I’ll be ed to rock up to a place full of people whom I don’t give a rats about. That includes you Donghae.”

Yep. That sounded like Kyuhyun.

Donghae looked at his watch, groaning in annoyance.

“It’s midnight.” He whined. “It’s officially not my birthday anymore!”

My head shot up.

“Good.” Heechul muttered. “Maybe now you can get off that high horse of yours and help me clean up for s-.”

“Wait, what?!” I exclaimed. “No! But I still have your final present to give you!”

Yes, I thought. That present.

“It’s okay.” Donghae smiled, beckoning me over. “You don’t have to give me anything else. I’ve been spoiled enough for tonight.”

He patted his lap, and I gently sat down on his knees. He wrapped his arms around me, resting his face against my back.

“Nope.” I said. “This is tonight’s biggest surprise.”

Donghae’s head shot up.

“Now I’m curious!” Donghae laughed, tickling my sides and making me giggle.

“You know,” Heechul said, sweeping a heap of cigarette butts into his hand. “You guys could actually help me clean up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter