21

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I woke up in the hotel room and stirred in the unfamiliar sheets, smiling and stretching as I recalled last nights date.

That has to have been the most romantic evening ever.

I rubbed my eyes, yawing and blinking rapidly as the morning sun streamed through the windows, warming my face.

After our date, Donghae had bought me back to the hotel, the penthouse suite on the very top floor, over looking the entire city. With hardwood floors and a cream coloured rug splayed out across the bedroom floor, it was by far the most luxurious hotel I had ever step foot in.

I grinned, shifting onto my side and reaching my hand out for Donghae in the bed next to me.

My fist found empty sheets. I sat up, looking for my boyfriend, who I was sure fell asleep next to me.

That’s odd. I said, palming my head in confusion. Maybe he’s in the bathroom or…

My eyes found the bathroom door, ajar and empty inside.

“Donghae?” I called, swinging my legs over the side of the bed, planting my feet on the floor and standing with a sway in step.

I stuck my head out of the bedroom door. Donghae wasn’t out there either.

Maybe he had to go somewhere-.

My thought was interrupted when my eyes caught a slip of paper on the floor. There was nothing special about it. It was simply a sheet of A4 paper, folded in the middle, lying just in front of the door.

I frowned, picking it up and flipping it open. I immediately recognised Donghae’s scrawled handwriting.

 

Hyukjae,

Last night was one of the most amazing nights of my life. You are so special to me, and I love you more than I ever thought I could love a person. I don’t think my heart will ever stop loving you, the man whom I know feels the same way about me. But Hyukjae, there’s one thing you have to know about me.

I’m broken.

I’m broken, Hyukjae. And unlike the little glass bird with the broken wing who I repaired, I cannot be fixed. Nothing I, nor you can do will fix me. All your love in the world, and all my love for you can’t keep you safe. So I have to leave. Don’t think that I don’t love you, because I do. I just can’t do this to you Hyukjae. You don’t deserve to be with a guy like me. I’m doing this to protect you.

 

All the love in my broken heart,

Donghae.

 

I felt a tear slide down my cheek and splash onto the paper. My hands shook.

No, please. This can’t be happening. I dropped the page, clutching my hair and letting tears stream down my cheeks. No Hae. I can’t lose you.

Donghae was gone. My Donghae had left.

He’d left my just like Hyoyeon, and exactly like he promised he wouldn’t.

My mouth fell open with a mumbled gasp.

He said he loved me. Then why?! Why did he leave me? Why didn’t he just tell me what was wrong so we could work through it together!

Please, don’t let this be real. Let this be a dream.

Donghae was never coming back. I felt my heart rip in two.

Donghae was not Hyoyeon.

He is 1000 times more important to me than she ever was

I had lost the love of my life. The real love of my life. He’d simply left without a trace.

I screamed, falling to my knees and hitting my head on the hard floor. My feet twitched and with that, I out.

 

 

 

 

“Baby?” I felt something brush my cheek. “Baby, wake up.”

My head twitched and my eyes slowly opened. My heart was pounding all the way through my whole body and I released a deep breath. I looked up, seeing Donghae’s face resting on the top of my head.

“Hyuk, you were having a bad dream.” Donghae said, kissing the top of my head firmly and squeezing me tighter in his arms. To my relief, we were in the hotel bedroom we’d fallen asleep in.

I sighed, snuggling tighter to my baby, letting his strong arms embrace my body, keeping me safe like I knew he always would.

I felt a smile spread over my face and I ran my fingers through my hair. Donghae took my hand and brought it to his lips, kissing each of my fingers.

“All better now?” He said, his crescent eyes complimenting his sugary sweet smile.

“Yes.” I breathed, holing onto his body, entwining my legs with his, resting my head on his chest.

Donghae would never leave me.

 

“Our flight leaves in about an hour.” Donghae mumbled, buttoning up his pale pink dress shirt, with a toothbrush dangling from between his lips. “I just have to whiz by an office here to pick up some final paperwork, then we can go home.”

I nodded, continuing to brush my teeth at the sink. Donghae nudged me aside, spitting into the sink and rinsing his mouth out.

“Bye.” He sang as he grabbed his suit jacket, and his set of keys, kissing my cheek.

“Bllgh!” I mumbled in response, my mouth full of toothpaste. He smiled and I watched his reflection in the mirror as he left.

 

The dream I had didn’t leave my mind all day. Donghae and I had boarded his private plane, and I did feel a little more comfortable in the air with Donghae in the seat across from me.

Somehow, he must have sensed my mood, because he reached across, taking my hand from my knee and squeezing it gently.

“Are you okay Hyuk?” He asked, offering me a genuine expression. “You’ve been acting off ever since we left the hotel, is everything alright?”

“Y-yeah.” I somewhat lied. “Just don’t like flying.”

“Oh.” Donghae said, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand in a comforting manner. “Is that all?”

“Well,” I admitted, “I sort of had a bad dream last night.”

“Yeah?” He said, raising his eyebrows. “What about?”

“Just the usual stuff.” I sighed. “You leaving me out of the blue, and me not being able to find you.”

Donghae’s expression fell, looking somewhat saddened.

“But, it was just a stupid dream,” I smiled, reassuring myself. “That won’t happen… Right?”

“Of course not!” Donghae laughed without a moments hesitation, firm in his answer. “I’m not going anywhere Hyukkie. You’re finally mine. Even if you wanted to go I’m not sure I’d be able to let you leave, unfortunately for you.”

I smiled at my absolutely perfect boyfriend.

“I love you Hyukkie.” He said, settling his hand on my knee. “I love you so so much.”

 

“You do realise,” I said, standing behind Donghae while he unlocked the door. “That because the Japan thing was so romantic, all you future actions as my boyfriend will be measured by that mark.”

“Is that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter