22

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay Hyukjae.” Key smiled happily, clutching a clipboard to his chest. “Once you’ve finished pinning that jacket, you’re done for today.”

I smiled to Key, the director of the production of Fame that had been put together. I had already grown fond of Key after only three days of working here. At first, he was a bit much to take with his colourful attitude as well as clothes, but he was a pretty decent guy after all.

I finished pinning the bottom of the sleeve and carefully draped the garment over the edge of the table, leaving it with the rest of the costumes that were to be altered. I grabbed my wallet and car keys, wishing farewell to Taemin, one of my younger co-workers who was stitching sequins to a skirt, and headed out the back doors of the theatre. I turned the corner to my car when Bam!

I collided with someone’s shoulder, knocking me backwards.

“Hey, watch where you’re going-.” I looked up. “Ji-Yong?!” I exclaimed at the sight of him.

“Oh my gosh Hyukjae, I’m so sorry!” He said, reaching down and helping me to my feet. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” I said, still in a state of shock. “What are you doing here?”

“I got cast in the musical.” He said smugly, folding his arms over his chest. “What about yourself?”

“Donghae got me a job working here.” I smiled at my friend. “It’s really fun. Although, I just spent the last half hour re-adjusting the sleeves on the jacket for who ever is playing Tyrone Jackson. Apparently the actor gave his measurements to us wrong.” I rolled my eyes.

“O-oh, sorry about that.” Ji-Yong rubbed the back of his short, bright yellow hair. “I’m playing Tyrone and wrote down my measurements wrong.”

“Wow, that’s a cool role. Congratulations.” I said, wondering if Ji-Yong could actually dance. “Anyway, it’s no problem. Your jacket will be ready by next week.”

“Thankyou.” He told me, “I’ve gotta get in there to rehearse, but since we’re both working here, I guess I’ll see you around.”

“Okay.” I nodded, waving goodbye to my friend and now co-worker.

I couldn’t help but feel slightly envious of Ji-Yong. Ever since I’d been forced to give up my dream of becoming a dancer because of my stamina, I’d always dreamed of a role on a musical, specifically the role of Tyrone Jackson in Fame. Ever since I’d seen the musical, I’d been captivated by the characters carefree, bad boy nature.

Huh, I guess Ji-Yong is perfect for that. I thought, turning and glancing at the tattoo on the back of his neck.

 

“Donghae?!” I called, dropping my keys on the table by the door and kicking off my shoes. “I’m home!”

Donghae had stayed at home today, but I’d wondered if he’d gone out somewhere. It was late afternoon, and he was no where to be seen. I fanned my face and poured myself a glass of juice.

God it’s so hot today. The weather had been fluctuating between hot and cold weather like a see-saw. It was driving me crazy. One minute, Donghae and I were wrapped up in a bundle of blankets together, next we were sweaty, and falling asleep to heavy breathing and the quiet hum of the cooling system.

It was lovely to step into the cold house from the blaring heat outside. I drummed my fingers on the table top.

Hang on, where’s Choco? Did Donghae take her for a walk?

I listened for the clicking of her paws on the tiles, when suddenly I heard a huge splash coming from outside.

I jogged out to the backyard, where sure enough, Donghae was laughing at Choco, who was paddling in the pool. Donghae turned to me, standing waist deep in the water.

“Hey Hyukkie!” He said, splashing his arms in the water. “It’s nice and cool in here, want to join me?”

I smiled at him, squatting down at the edge and trailing my hands through the water.

“I can’t swim Hae.” I sighed. “Otherwise, I’d love to.”

That fact was indeed true. I had never been able to swim. Even if I could, knowing me I’d probably get a cramp and drown anyway. Or run out of breath.

“Aw, come on Hyukkie!” He begged. “I can help you swim. Please?”

I looked at Donghae’s gorgeous tanned upper body with the water rippling around his biceps. As much as I wanted nothing more than to jump into the pool and hug his y-half body, I still wasn’t convinced.

“I’ve never been in any body of water larger than a bath tub before.” I explained. “And I don’t have a swim suit.”

“Go upstairs and pick a pair of swimming trunks from my closet.” He said. “And get your in this pool, Hyukjae. The water is amazing!”

I frowned slightly.

“Fine.” I sighed, earning a smile from Donghae as I went to go change.

 

The red shorts hung loosely over my protruding hip bones. I had to pull the draw string as tight as it would go to actually keep them from falling to my ankles. Donghae’s was clearly a lot, ahem, fuller than mine was.

I hugged my body, creeping to the edge of the pool.

“Okay.” I smiled. “I’m ready.”

Donghae turned to me, while he kept himself afloat in the deep end of the pool. He gave me an expression of disbelief.

“Hyukjae,” He sighed. “You can’t swim in your shirt.”

I scrunched up my nose, looking down at my black t-shirt. No way was I going topless again in front of anyone. For any reason.

“Why not?”

“Because you can’t swim in a shirt, take it off.”

“No.”

“Hyukjae…” He looked up at my with big pleading eyes and a small pout.

“Ugh, fine.” I said, hesitating at first. Donghae gave me a reassuring look.

I can’t believe the puppy eyes work on me.

I pulled the shirt over my head, feeling sudden exposure to my chest.

“Good.” He said, swimming over and grabbing onto the edge. “Now jump in.”

“No way I’m jumping.” I said, walking over the edge to the steps. I lowered my foot onto the tiled bottom of the first step, feeling the slight warmth of the water which had absorbed the suns heat. After nearly twenty minutes and Donghae telling me to hurry up, I finally stepped off the last step onto the bottom of the pool. The water lapped around my waist. I had to admit, the water felt amazing.

Donghae shook the water from his hair and glided over to me. He wrapped his hands around my waist, bringing our bodies together. Our lips met, just briefly in a short, passionate kiss.

“I missed you.” He said finally. “How was your day.”

“It was good.” I said, trailing my hands under the water in small circles. “I really like it there.”

I told Donghae all about the costumes I had to deal with and the fact that Ji-Yong was also there, when I found myself trailing my fingers up and down Donghae’s smooth, toned body.

I froze, realising what I was doing and blushed in embarrassment.

“Come on.” Donghae laughed, grabbing my hand and sitting down into th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter