24

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“.” I muttered, wiping my hands on my jeans. I placed my hands on my hips, almost sending the cake in question a death glare.

You are such an idiot Hyukjae. I told myself. How the hell did you manage to bake your ring into a ing cake?! The ring that Donghae gave you!

I just hoped it wasn’t damaged from the heat.

“Hyukkie?” Donghae said, entering the kitchen. “Wow, it smells delicious.”

He took his eyes from the cake and over to me, while I attempted to use x-ray vision on my unfortunate creation.

“Uh, what’s wrong Hyuk?” Donghae asked me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

“Donghae…” I bit my lip, avoiding his eyes. How do I tell him what I did?! “I sort of… Well, I may have accidentally… My ring, I think I… I baked it into the cake.” I said finally.

Donghae’s eyes widened.

Oh god oh god oh god I’m such a terrible boyfriend.

Suddenly, Donghae erupted into laughter. He released my shoulder, bending over double, howling and laughing.

“Wh-what’s funny?” I said. “I’m actually serious.”

Donghae looked at me, smiling a grin that showed off his perfect white teeth.

“No, I know that you’re serious.” He chuckled, still trying to calm himself from whatever he found funny about the whole situation. “So basically, you’re trying to say that you baked my present inside of  yours?”

I nodded, trying not to break into tears.

Donghae sensed this, and straightened his face. He grabbed my waist and pulled me beside him, looking at the cake that sat there on the bench.

“It’s okay Hyukjae.” He said. “It’s just an accident.”

I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

“You know there’s only one solution, right?” Donghae said, a smiling creeping across his face.

After ten minutes of digging through the cake (Donghae eating half of it in the process), it ended up as a pile of chocolate rubble. But even after thoroughly searching the entire cake, there was no ring to be found.

“Well, looks like it’s not in there.” Donghae shrugged casually, shoving another chunk of ruined cake in his mouth.

“Donghae!” I panicked, slapping his shoulder. “I hope you didn’t accidentally swallow my ring while you were stuffing your fat face!”

“Relax Hyukjae,” Donghae laughed, rubbing my neck. “I’m sure your ring will turn up somewhere. And my face is not fat!”

“I know it’s not.” I sighed. He kissed the side of my head, soothing me in my panicked state.

I can’t believe it hasn’t even been an hour and I lost the most amazing present on the planet!

“Oh my god!” I suddenly slapped my face. “What if it melted into the cake?!”

“Hyukjae, it’s white gold.” Donghae said monotonous voice. “It can’t melt.”

“O-oh.” I said, still in a state of distress.

“Hyukjae,” Donghae said finally, walking over to the sink and releasing a deep breath. He shook his head, laughing to himself. He leaned over the sink, picking up a small silver band between his fingertips. “I guess you didn’t notice that you took it off while you washed your hands?”

My mouth hung open while I stared at my ring.

OH MY GOD HYUKJAE YOU IDIOTIC NEANDERTHAL!

 Donghae laughed, as I slowly slipped my ring back onto my finger, feeling totally humiliated.

 

I clung to Donghae’s arm, feeling the cool evening wind hit my face. The two of us were laughing, although I couldn’t quite remember what about. Donghae and I had just gone to a restaurant famous in Mokpo, called Sapphire Blue. Of course, it hadn’t been as fancy as the place in Japan we’d gone to, and there was no private roof top, but I had and amazing evening all the same, pretty much on the same level. I felt my heart beating every time he smiled at me, whenever he pulled out my chair for me, or even kissed my hand, telling me again, just how beautiful I was. Donghae was the only person that could get me blushing like a school girl and fiddle with my hands awkwardly, avoiding his gaze.

Puppy love. I thought to myself as the two of us continued to walk down the street, dimly lit by the street lamps.

At this stage of our relationship, it was perfectly apparent that Donghae was the, ‘man’ of the relationship. I didn’t mind one bit. In all truth, I loved being romanced by him. Even if at times I really didn’t feel at all masculine at all.

That’s because you’re not, Hyukjae. I reminded myself.

In all, Donghae was sort of, my perfect other half.

The fact that I was the ‘girl’ of the relationship, didn’t even phase me in the least.

No, there is no girl. I reasoned. That’s why this relationship is perfect. Two guys, in love. Nothing else matters.

That thought brought a smile to my face.

“What?” Donghae beamed at my sudden expression.

“Oh, I was just thinking about how perfect we are together.” I scuffed my feet along the pavement as we walked.

“You know,” Donghae said, grabbing my hand and kissing it softly. “I couldn’t agree more.”

We exchanged smiles, and continued walking.

The restaurant wasn’t too far away, and so Donghae had called his driver, Lee Hongki, and told him not to bother to pick us up. Instead, we opted to walk.

“Are your feet sore baby?” Donghae asked, his face lit by the moonlight and his hand in mine.

“Not really.” I said, even though because of my lack of stamina, I was getting tired.

Somehow, I think Donghae sensed this, because he suddenly stopped, stepping in front of me. I gazed at his back, wondering what he was doing, but then he slowly crouched down.

“Get on my back.” He said, turning over his shoulder to look at me. “I’ll carry you home.”

I protested at first, telling him I was perfectly fine, and that I could walk on my own. But, he insisted, and so I carefully grabbed his shoulders and leant my body against his back. Donghae’s hands found my as he hoisted my up on his back, getting to his feet. I felt like I was going to fall at first, and almost strangled him by tightening my arms around his neck, but then his hands moved to hold underneath of my thighs and I rested my head comfortably on his shoulder.

“I love you.” I whispered into his ear, feeling his hair tickle my nose as I inhaled the scent of his shampoo.

Donghae responded with the exact same thing, which was all I ever needed to hear.

 

After talking a beautiful romantic walk under the stars and my lovely boyfriend had carried me all the way back home, Donghae and I found ourselves in our bedroom.

I took off my jacket, placing in on a hanger, whereas Donghae’s pulled off his jacket and threw it at his feet.

While Donghae was busy ing his shirt, I scooped up the discarded clothing from the floor and hung it neatly in the closet.

Donghae stripped his shirt off, throwing it in the laundry hamper and ruffling the back of his hair.

I stood behind him, and began pulling my fingers through the long, brown locks of hair.

“Hmmm.” I sighed. “You’re hair’s getting so long.”

His hair was beginning to fall about collar length at the back, and it had grown a lot since I had first met him with his shorter, neater hair style. His bangs were long, but swept gracefully over his face.

“Really?” He laughed. “Maybe I should get a haircut.”

“No.” I whispered, “I like it long. Please leave it.”

He smiled, turning around in my arms and placing his hands on my waist. I looked at his less body, suddenly feeling  over dressed in my t-shirt.

I draped my arms over his shoulders, clasping my hands behind his neck.

He gazed into my eyes, not taking them from mine as he planted a small series off kisses all the way up my forearm, making me giggle at his touch. His lips met my neck, kissing it softly and making me hum slightly.

He moved his lips across my jaw line, my skin slightly and taking me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter