39

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who the are you?” Eunhyuk asked me, staring at me with a horrified expression. His angular face staring into my very soul, intimidating me and leaving me completely petrified. My pulse quickened as a rush of blood surged through my mind. I cursed my own inactivity and lack of ability to form a basic sentence.

! ! Of all people I could have run into, I had to run into… Me.

I stood there, clutching my bag containing the important files for Donghae, looking directly at the man I was impersonating. My own idol. There was no excuse. I was standing there, pretending to be him. My mind flashed though several options, desperately looking for any means of escape. My heart was beating in my ears. Everything seemed surreal.

Hyuk, who is that? What’s going on?! Donghae’s panicked voice sounded in my ear, though I paid it no attention, not daring to take my gaze from it’s fix on Eunhyuk’s.

Donghae, now would be a good time to get me the out of here!

Eunhyuk shifted on his feet, contemplating whether or not to approach me. I held my breath. His face was distorted into a mixture of confusion and utter outrage.

“I said, who the are you? How did you get in here? This room is restricted…” He said, his tone inclining. Suddenly, his eyes narrowed as he scanned me up and down, causing my whole body to tense. “And why the do you look like me?!”

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out but a garbled croak.

OH MY GOD WHAT DO I DO?!

Eunhyuk looked pissed, as he quickly moved to walk to the phone on the edge of the table. He was literally only a metre away from me.

“Okay, that’s it, I’m calling security!” He snapped. I gasped.

NO!

!

Smack!


Before I could stop myself, my arm shot out in a panicled reflex and my fist had made complete contact with the side of Eunhyuk’s face, punching him straight in the jaw. He let out a startled groan and his legs gave way beneath him as he fell to the ground unconscious, blood trailing from his lip. I shook my fist in pain, gasping at my own sudden reaction.

“!” I cursed, eyes wide in shock at what I had done.

Holy ing I just punched Eunhyuk in the face!!

“Ugh…” He groaned, holding his hands painfully over his face. I thought he was unconscious, but obviously it took more than a punch to the face to put him out of action. His legs shifted on the floor as he let out a mindless string of cursing.

Hyuk! Are you okay?! What’s going on?!

Donghae’s words were distant as I stood there, staring at the dancer on the floor, writing in pain and groaning from the blow to the face. My head felt dizzy and the ground seemed to shift under me in a dream like state. What the hell did I just do?!

My mind suddenly shifted, landing on the thought of him getting back up and returning the favour.

GO! What are you waiting for?! Get out of here!!

I gathered myself within seconds, sprinting to the door and stepping out into the corridor, feeling my hand continue to ache. I slammed the door behind me, choosing to completely ignore Eunhyuk’s muffled groans in pain. I shook my head, trying to slow my heart rate as I glanced across the other people out in the main offices, who didn’t seem aware of anything.

I quickly made my way back to the elevators, with only one thing on my mind: getting out of the building. People were beginning to stare, noticing my rash behaviour of sprinting through the quiet corridor, and I knew it would be any moment before someone called for security.

To my luck, and empty elevator appeared upon my arrival, and I practically dived between the doors, furiously pressing the button to the ground floor.

Come on! Go go go! ! I can’t believe I just punched him in the face!! I was completely surprised with myself, including my act of leaving him back in the office. I didn’t have much of a choice, he was about to blow our entire operation. I just hoped my well aimed punch to the face was enough to render him useless while I made my desperate escape.

HYUKJAE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT HAPPENED, ARE YOU THERE?!

I yelled at the sharp pain in my ear from Donghae’s screaming from the earpiece.

“Yes! I’m fine!” I yelled as soon as the elevator doors  shut. “I just ran into some trouble! I coming out right now!”
And I just punched Eunhyuk in the ing face! I punched, Eunhyuk from  Super Junior in the face!

I looked at my knuckles, which were completely red. I stretched my fingers, feeling my whole hand hurt. I was just thankful I hadn’t punched him with the hand which had my ring. That could have left a nasty mark on both myself and Eunhyuk.

The elevator dinged at the ground floor, and again, I took off. Not running, but walking at the quickest pace possible, feeling my heart thump through my skin.

Throughout this entire operation, it had only just occurred to me how risky this was. I was a wanted fugitive pretending to be a celebrity in a building full of people. The very same celebrity which is upstairs with a busted lip who could come chasing after me at any moment.

“Eunhyuk!” Someone yelled, making me flinch but continue to walk. “Where are you-.”

“I’m late for a… A thing!” I called nervously, hurrying across the reception and to the front door, not even bothering to keep up my character charade. I was terrified by this point.

Finally, I had made it to the large sliding doors, getting some very suspicious glares on the way out, but nothing was going to stop me now.

I half expected the doors to trap me, keep inside waiting for security to realise there was an impostor. I let out a deep sigh, feeling the cool morning wind hit my face. I had gotten out of the building in one piece.

I did it! I screamed to myself as Donghae pulled the car up to the curb in front of the building. I made it out!

I opened the door, jumping inside and slamming it behind me. I ripped my hat off my head, fluffing my hair madly and yanking the earpiece from my ear.

“Hyuk what-.”

“Just drive!” I panicked, dumping the bag at my feet and gesturing wildly to Donghae, who immediately slammed his foot down on the accelerator. I would have hit my face on the dash if I hadn’t braced myself with my hands as the car jolted forward at a false start, before gaining speed down the street which was filled with a constant stream of traffic.

My mind raced back to the building, feeling rather guilty for leaving Eunhyuk lying on the floor. I mean, it wasn’t even his fault. He didn’t deserve to be hit, he was just in the way.

“What happened?!” Donghae almost yelled, as he swerved around a corner. I then realised maybe he was making too much of a getaway for such an incident.

“It’s fine, slow down.” I warned, as Donghae swerved between a minivan and the curb of the street. “I just ran into Eunhyuk.”

“W-what?” Donghae asked in horror as he eased off the accelerator and ducking between a few more cars, completely encasing us in the morning rush hour traffic. “Oh my god what happened?”
“I punched him in the face.” I said nervously, flinching as though Donghae was going to scold me.

Donghae suddenly let a grin form over his lips, turning momentarily from his concentration on the road to stare at me in disbelief.

“Really?” He asked, “You, Lee Hyukjae, punched someone in the face?”

I felt slightly disheartened at this.

“Hey!” I whined. “Why is that so hard to believe?”

Sure, I was not the most macho of all guys. I was definitely the preserved, self controlled type who really wasn’t a fan of any sort of violence. But to hear my own boyfriend doubt the fact that I could, and actually did punch an idol in the face was definitely a shot to my manhood. Even if I wasn’t like Donghae, who went as far as shooting an innocent man in the foot (I was still yet to have a serious talk with him about that), I was at least somewhat proud that I was actually here, running from the police and that I had punched my favourite singer in the face to protect our operation. And to think; that was the first time I had ever met face to face with my very own role model.

“No, of course I believe you Hyuk,” Donghae said, his hand patting me on the shoulder. “It’s just…”

He let out a small laugh, as if still not being able to believe what he was hearing.

“I didn’t think you were capable of being so…” Donghae bit his lip. “Bad .”

I laughed, as much as a person who had just infiltrated a building of a large scale corporation could laugh. Not to mention, was still on the run from the police.

“Only you would think that is bad , Hae.” I rolled my eyes, slouching into my seat and letting the fact that I just pulled off such an operation sink in.

“Did anyone recognise you?”  Donghae asked, stopping at a red light and getting back on topic.

“I don’t think so.” I said. “Nobody called security though so I think we’re all good.”

Donghae’s hand rested on my knee, squeezing it lightly in affirmation.

“I’m so proud of you Hyuk.” Donghae said, using his free hand to grip the steering wheel. “You were excellent back there.”
I smiled, really feeling proud of myself for the accomplishment; even if it was illegal. 

Rolling my stiff neck, I reached into the back seat, grabbing a water bottle and downing half of it, feeling my throat relax a little after being so dry. My head still felt light and body was still a little shaken up.

“Just relax.” Donghae said, rubbing my knee comfortingly. “The worst of it’s over baby.”

I sighed, remembering there was still more to come, hopefully nothing as terrifying as the incident in the airport.

“What are we doing now?” I asked, replacing the cap on the bottle and resting it on my lap. “I have the files, where are we taking them?”

Donghae sent me a small, somewhat smirk, indicating he knew perfectly wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter