19

Find Your Way [Epilogue Coming Soon]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lifted my eyelids slowly, feeling something warm on my shoulder. I smiled, as something soft tickled my neck. I blinked twice, opening my eyes and looking up to see Donghae, planting kisses along my arm.

“Morning.” He smiled, grabbing my hand and kissing it. Waking up to Donghae’s morning affection, lying on Donghae’s chest and listening to the sound of his heart: Life couldn’t be better.

“Morning.” I grinned, stretching my legs under the blanket as snuggling closer to the warmth of his body. His arm hung loosely around my back.

For a while, we just lay there, listening to the sound of our relaxed breathing, not even bothering to get out of bed.

He gently ran his fingers through my hair, causing me to branch my hands out on his chest.

I still can’t believe he’s my boyfriend. Lee Donghae. My boyfriend.

My thought was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. I froze, hearing the snarling voice of a very familiar red-head.

“My my.” Heechul smiled. “What have we here?”

Oh god, kill me now.

I hid my face in Donghae’s neck, cowering in embarrassment.

“I came all the way from Seoul to offer my buddy my condolence and an extremely expensive bottle of wine to help him get over his troubles,” Heechul put one hand on his hip, gesturing to the glass bottle in the other. “And I find the person in question in bed with him.”

“Yah!” Donghae said, pulling the blanket up over my shoulder. “We’re not ! Get the outta my room Heechul!”

“Manners Donghae.” Heechul tutted, palming the wine bottle, as if ready to throw it. “It’s almost as if you don’t want this. It’s 1962 you know. It cost me just over two grand.”

Donghae’s eyebrows shot up.

“Gimme!” He clicked his fingers and held out his hand. Heechul stood the wine on the vanity by the door.

“Come downstairs.” Heechul said. “I expect breakfast and an explanation in ten minutes.”

He slammed the door behind him.

Donghae groaned, squeezing me tight before rolling out of bed.

I pulled on a loose fitting t-shirt and combed my hair with my fingers. Donghae changed into a pair of dress pants, and a pale blue shirt.

He smiled at me, buttoning the cuffs of the sleeves.

I headed downstairs, dragging Donghae by his hand, while he remained in his own little world, reading the label on the bottle left for him.

“Ah 1962.” He sighed. “What a good year.”

I rolled my eyes, greeting Heechul who was waiting at the breakfast table.

“I want pancakes for breakfast, Eunhyuk 2.” Heechul said, fiddling with one of Donghae’s glass figurines.

“Hey!” Donghae said, putting down his precious bottle and hugging me from behind. “Don’t talk to my boyfriend like that!”

My heart sped, hearing him call me his boyfriend.

“I don’t mind.” I smiled, pulling myself from Donghae’s grip and kissing his cheek. “I’ll make pancakes.”

I headed into the kitchen, preparing the ingredients, leaving Heechul to catch up with Donghae, I assumed about our new-found relationship.

“I want chocolate chips in mine!” Heechul called, earning a sigh from both Donghae and myself.

 

I had fixed the fussy man his pancakes, watching him slather them in maple syrup and shove them into his face. Donghae poured a reasonable amount of syrup, and I thought for a moment he was being healthy. He then sprinkled a mound of sugar over the entire plateful, resembling a snowstorm over a helpless village. I shuddered in disgust, watching the sugary mess enter his mouth.

I simply buttered mine (with my lactose free spread of course) and only ate one and a half pancakes, watching the two hungry animals finish off the rest of the batch.

Heechul stayed and chatted with Donghae for a while, mainly talking about the time Heechul got drunk right before a Super Junior concert, and nobody had even noticed.

I laughed along, not entirely getting the inside jokes the pair threw at each other.

Just then, Heechul’s phone rang in his pocket, playing the melody to ‘A-cha’.

“Kim Heechul.” He answered. I sat there awkwardly, stealing a glance from Donghae. One of my pet peeves was when I was stuck sitting there while someone was having a phone conversation. It was just plain awkward.

“Okay. Will do.” Heechul said finally, hanging up the phone.

I expected him to say it was his manager or something, but he turned to Donghae instead.

“Mr. Kwon is waiting on hold, line 4.” Heechul said, standing from the table. Donghae’s expression turned serious, a look he seldom showed compared to his bright, hyper personality.

“Sorry Hyukjae.” Donghae sighed, sending me an apologetic look. “Heechul and I will be right back.”

The two of them whispered to each other, glancing at me before disappearing into Donghae’s office.

What the hell was that about?

I began to wonder just how Heechul from Super Junior had anything to do with Donghae’s business.

Maybe he’s a company partner or something? Celebrities often invest in businesses, right?

I couldn’t help but be extremely curious about the whole situation.

 

I stood in our shared bathroom, brushing my teeth after breakfast while Donghae and Heechul were apparently busy with work stuff.

I looked into my reflection.

The same pale skin, blonde hair with a hint of black re-growth at the roots, thin face structure and single lidded eyes. Everything about me was… Usual. There was nothing special about the way I looked. It made me wonder what exactly Donghae saw in a guy like me.

My personality didn’t exactly compensate for my looks, either.

I was loud once I got to know a person, usually quite annoying and outgoing. I wasn’t funny, I wasn’t smart. I was the equivalent of one of those guys who hung around like a bad smell.

Oh, and I smelled bad. Or so I was told.

So why Donghae? The guy was perfect in every way. Intellectual, successful, kind hearted and goooood looking.

I gazed over the bathroom shelf, with Donghae’s razor, shaving cream, toothbrush, aftershave, cologne, moisturiser and hair gel.

Ugh, why is my boyfriend so perfect?

Honestly, I was extremely worried about just how far out of my league he was. Not that I thought he would leave me, because he wouldn’t do that; I trusted him. It’s just that I always had this small inkling of fear that he would find someone as perfect as him, and fall in love with them.

He said he loves me. I believe him. I thought with a sinking feeling. But people fall in and out of love, right? I loved Hyoyeon. I don’t anymore. I love Donghae now.

My mind was racing, confused with all this ‘being in love’ stuff.

“Shut up Hyukjae.” I said to myself. “Just be thankful for what you’ve got. Take it one day at a time.”

I at least owed it to myself to be happy for once.

 

Heechul had finished what ever had to be dealt with in such a hurry, and bid us farewell, and good luck with, and I quote:

“All

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter