From Me to Him

The Manly Me

 

            It was not like I expected.

 

            Left, right, front, back, down, up… It made no difference no matter what direction I looked. I was lost and it started to make me dizzy. I could walk in this place blocking my view and it wouldn’t make a difference. I saw nothing, I heard nothing, and the unknown made me feel like nothing. The lack of light made me believe I was not alone.

 

Noona… I’m scared. Why is it so dark here? I’ve waited long enough… I don’t want to stay here anymore…

 

            A mumbling voice echoed around. I looked around thinking I would find the source.

 

 

Where am I? I want to see you again…

 

            The voice was a young boy's voice.  Was it Sanghyun?

 

How did I get here? Did I do something wrong?...

 

“Sanghyun?” I tried out. It had to be him.

 

Noona? Is that you? Where are you? Noona!

 

“Sorry, I am not your sister.” Deception must have struck him at my words.

 

Then who are you? Death? Are you here to take me away? No! let me live! I have to see my sister once more!

 

“Don’t… Don’t worry. Actually… I came here to... give you a second chance.”

 

A second… chance? You’ll let me live?

 

“In a way, yes. I’ll let you see your sister. Maybe even wake you up before fate decided to.”

 

You can do that? How? And who are you?

 

“Me? I’m… another soul. I’ll be you. It's very confusing, but I don’t really want to push any further… I came to borrow your body.”

 

Borrow?

 

“But I need you to accept first.”

 

            I was certain he was not going to give in so easily.

 

“If I fail my mission, then your body is all yours. I promise… I’ll take care of it.”

 

What is… your mission?

 

“I have to meet someone… someone I’ve longed to meet.”

 

And then what? What will you do when you meet him?

 

“Understand him. Help him. Bring him happiness. Live another life," I sighed and continued. ''In my world, I could never have thought of a moment like this. This is a one-shot opportunity for me. If you refuse, well… I don’t know what will happen to me. Will I come back to my previous life? Or will I just… disappear?”

 

Why? Do you envy my life… or rather, a human's life so much?

 

“I do.”

 

Well, don’t. There is nothing you get from a human’s life. It hurts. All you get is pain, remorse... And you? Have you ever suffered?

 

“I have. I've known Loneliness... My questions were always left unanswered... I always felt useless.”

 

I have too. I always regretted everything I did... well, what I tried to do. But Noona always cheered me up.

 

            There was a great moment of silence. It was not an awkward one. Far from that actually. We could understand each other. We didn’t need communication to appreciate each other’s company. Sanghyun then continued :

 

There’s something people always told me : have friends and they will cheer you up. I always failed at that and I think you can do better.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

I want to leave this place and I want to… I want to you try living a human's life. Trying is the least you can do. I don't want to draw your limits. You have to draw them yourself. Find your friend. The right one who will make you happy.

 

“I’ll do my best.”

 

Will I be able to see my sister again?

 

“You will. I will protect your body so that you’ll be able to live with your sister again.”

 

            Warmth greeted me as he agreed to share. I felt like the ground was moving.

 

“But tell me… What is your wish?”

 

My wish? …

            His voice was getting farther away and echoed even more. He wasn’t leaving. I was. The obscurity was gradually disappearing as well.

 

“Whatever it is, I promise: I will fufill it!” I yelled for him to hear.

 

Will I…

            The echoes blurried his words, but I wanted to hear his last words before leaving.

 

 Will I… I… ever meet you… you again… again… ?

 

 

            I couldn’t answer him. In a flash, this dark place became clearer. My eyes were soar and with great difficulty, I opened them. I was no longer facing down, my eyes were fixated to the ceiling. My breathing was heavy and gradually faster. The beeping in the room quickenned as well.

 

            Suddenly, women and men rushed into the room.

 

 

Hello dear readers!

First of all, I'd like to thank all my loving subscribers! I have been wondering if I should make Cheondung and Sanghyun meet, and in the end, they did. You must all be anticipating great things, but I give you this chapter... I really fail at descriptions so as you can see this chapter is a complete dialogue. I'm not very proud of it, I admit, but I believe it will help me construct this very abstract story... *nod nod*

Also, I've drawn to a conclusion that the readers reflect the author in a way, so I wanted to stop being so darn mysterious and quiet by writing an author's note. I don't mind if you don't comment; I don't think I'll have many things to share in my notes. Maybe I'll write a little once in a while. Will you guys also write to me? ;D