09. Hurt

Once For Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara scurried off of Jiyong awkwardly. Her eyes had gone blank and she was only looking at Jiyong blankly. Without saying anything, she walked away, taking every of her belongings with her. While Jiyong, he was staring at every of Dara's movement confusedly without uttering anything. 

"Bye, Jiyong," she muttered quietly but loud enough for him to hear. As if that was his cue, Jiyong got up. In a mere seconds, he was already beside Dara, holding her arms and not letting her go. 

"Why, Dee?" His voice was almost pleading. "Did my confession scare you that much? If it is a yes, just forget what I've said, ne?" Slowly, she turned her body around, facing the guy who held her back. "How could you ask me to forget what you've said?" ‘When it is the second time you've said those three words,’ she added in her mind. Her voice was stoic, void of any emotions. But deep inside, she was struggling. Struggling to press down her buried feelings for him. She didn't want to get hurt, not again with the same person. 

"I don't want everything to be awkward between us, Dee. I'd rather make you forget what I've said than making you drift away from me." A smirk was formed on Dara's lips, a mocking smirk to be exact. "But neither, the words has been thrown, Ji." He heaved a sigh, looking at her helplessly. Yes, he was helplessly in love with her even with the short amount of time they had spent together. 

She took his hand that was holding hers off her arm. "Merry Christmas, Ji. But I can't spend the day with you. I need time to think. Bye," with the last greeting, Dara went out of Jiyong's condo. She strode towards the elevator, leaving the dazed him behind. When the elevator's door closed, she let out a long sigh and the tears that she had been holding back flowed out of her eyes endlessly. ‘I'm sorry, Ji. I just, I don't want to get hurt again. Love is scary,’ she said inside her mind while the memories of the past flooded her mind.

 

***

 

She was skipping happily through the crowded corridors. She finally realized what feelings she had for him and she was more than happy to announce it to him. It had been a week since his confession took place. She continuously skipped her way to her class. She peeked through the door of her class and soon after, a frown was evident on her face. Jiyong wasn’t there. She hesitantly took her seat as she heaved a sigh. Jiyong, even though he was one of the playful students, he was a good student. He was never a tardy one and he wouldn’t miss school if it wasn’t necessary. Yet then, he hadn’t arrived when the bell was five minutes away from ringing.

Dara’s frown got deeper. ‘Where is he?’ She asked herself. She was fidgeting all her way on her seat until the bell rang. And yet, he wasn’t there. Even when the teacher entered and greeted the class, he still wasn’t there. ‘What happened, oppa?’ She asked, more to herself, worriedly.

The day went by dully. Lunch with the 2ne1 girls, lessons, extra lessons, and that was all. Dara walked out of the school premises lifelessly. She was tired, yes, but more than that, she was worried as heck. She glanced up to the sky which was darkened already since it had passed 6 p.m. The wind wasn’t helping either, it was blowing mercilessly hard. The signs of spring had been evident but still, it was freezing cold and it wasn’t getting any warmer. Subconsciously, she kicked any pebbles that came her way. She only stopped when she reached a park, not just a park but it was the park that she and the 2ne1 girls loved to go playing when they were kids. For just a moment, her worry disappeared. She smiled upon the memories. 2ne1 girls had always been the best of the best friends she could ever have.

Dara was about to turn her back but a familiar figure caught her eyes. She squinted her eyes, trying to get a clearer image and she caught herself coming closer, but far enough so that the person -or should I say, the persons- wouldn’t notice. The familiar figure came into view. The familiar back, the familiar blonde locks, and the familiar height. She knew the guy and she wouldn’t have been so sure than that. She could confidently say that it was Jiyong. The Jiyong who confessed to her a week before. The Jiyong who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter