10. The Past - Without Looking Back

Once For Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been a week that Dara sulked in her bedroom. Not eating real foods, not talking, not going out. Just simply staying inside her bedroom. Her eye bags worsened and she could care less. She didn’t go to school without valid reasons which was so unlike her. She was a straight-A’s students and she even skipped junior year for whoever’s sake is! But well, love was just too painful.

She smiled bitterly when she looked at herself on the mirror. She was a walking mess. Her hair was not in a good shape, her face was pale and she was even skinnier than she already was. ‘If it’s going to be this painful, I would’ve wished that I won’t fall in love at all,’ she said to herself while chuckling bitterly.

A soft knock on her door snapped her out of her thoughts, her pity of herself. “Dara? Can I come in?” “Sure mom.” Not long after, the door opened revealing her mother. “Dara-ya. Eat something, okay?” Her mom’s voice was almost pleading. “I’m not hungry mom.” “But darling, look at yourself. You’ve lost your weight. Eat some, please?” “But mom-” “I know you’re hurt, Dara-ya. But don’t torture yourself, please?” “Okay, mom. I’ll eat but not now, okay?” “Alright, but make sure to eat. Remember, you can still always join me to go to France,” her mother said before going out of her room.

Dara heaved a sigh as she lay back on her bed. She thought about her mom’s offer a few days earlier. Her parents recently revealed to her that she wasn’t just a normal girl, she was an heiress. An heiress of Park conglomerates nonetheless. And her parents were going to France to handle the newly-built branch there.

“Mom,” she called her mom as she went out from her room the first time that week. “Dara?” Her mom looked at her and a smile immediately crept up to her lips. She enveloped her daughter in a hug, still smiling widely. “I’ll go, mom. I’ll go with you and dad to France.” “Are you sure?” “I’m sure, mom. I’ve been thinking these days and I’m one hundred percent sure. Just, can you give me a new identity? I want to live a new.” “Anything for you, darling. I’m happy that you’re fine now,” her mom smiled genuinely.

 

She went back to school days later after she decided that she would leave. No one had known her decision yet, only her and her family. Not even the 2ne1 girls knew her plan. It wasn’t like she planned not to let them know, she would but not immediately. She knew that they would hold her back and she didn’t want that to happen.

Dara strode through the school hallways with her signature smile. Her smile was fake, it didn’t even reached her ears. And only the 2ne1 girls knew that, and perhaps, Jiyong. Her eyes somewhat showed her sadness, they weren’t sparkling like before. She lost the shine on her eyes.

“What’s wrong, Dara-ya?” He asked as soon as she sat down beside him. “Nothing, oppa. Everything’s good,” she said with a smile. But being Jiyong, he knew something wasn’t right. Her smiles were fake and there was something different on her eyes. Could it be hurt? Disappointment? Jiyong couldn’t point it out. “Are you sure?” Dara heaved a long sigh before answering. “I’m sure, oppa. I’m good, see? Just a little bit tired.” “Where were you last week?” He asked, full of concern. There wasn’t any doubt that he was worried as heck not being able to see her. “I’m caged up at home, weak immunity system,” she lied. “Are you sure you’re okay?” Dara let out another sigh. “I’m okay, alright. Please oppa, stop asking,” she raised her tone a bit. “You know, I’m just worried. Sorry,” he mumbled. “Oppa?” Dara nudged Jiyong’s side. “Yeah?” “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I’m just, not in a good mood, you know,” she sighed. She tried to hide everything from him but it was too hard. She was crumbling inside every time she looked at him. “Oppa, let’s go somewhere this Sunday, ne?” “Sure, where to?” He answered without any hesitations, more like he was ecstatic. “Mmm. Anywhere? You decide.” “Alright, let me surprise you,” he grinned. Just then, the bell rang, indicating the classes had started.

 

Jiyong stood there, waiting for the door to be opened. He had pressed the bell and he was told to wait. Yes, he was in front of Dara’s house, holding a bouquet of red roses. A giddy smile could be seen on his lips as he waited anyone to open the door.

 

“Dara-ya, Jiyong’s here,” her mom called her. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?” Her mom was extremely worried. She knew everything that happened since Dara had told her. “I’m okay, mom. I want my last memory here to be happy, not another way,” she smiled, reassuring her mom. “Alright take care, darling. Don’t come home late.” “Sure will do, mom,” she smiled once again.

The door opened, revealing Dara in her casual clothes yet she still looked pretty and cute at the same time. Her innocence could be clearly seen. “Ready to go?” Jiyong managed to find his voice after gawking at Dara’s appearance. “Sure,” she answered. Jiyong gave her the bouquet he had been holding. “For you,” he smiled sweetly as they turned to walk side by side. The weather of the beginning of spring was really fine that the couple enjoyed walking down the streets. The back of their hands were bumping to each other which later, making Jiyong took the initiative to intertwine their hands together. Dara couldn’t help but blush. She liked the feeling of Jiyong’s hand tightly wrapped around hers but she couldn’t help either to stop the images of Jiyong kissing another girl in her mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter