12. Leaving

Once For Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Day went after day. Jiyong’s days went by dully. He tried everything to contact Dara, to reach her, but all of his efforts turned into nothing. He even waited in front of her condo unit all day long but she didn’t even go out. He tried to knock only to be replied by silence. Somehow he knew that she was inside her condo unit but refusing to get out, refusing to answer him.

“Dee,” he said from the door as his body slide down in front of the door. “I’m sorry. I was drunk and I didn’t realize it,” his tone was hopeless. He only hoped for a slight reply from her but came none. Not until he heard a muffled voice from inside. “Your sorry won’t change anything that has been done, Ji.” “I’m sorry, Dee. I won’t be tired saying sorry to you until you forgive me. I know that I’ve hurt you but Dee, when I said I love you, I meant it. I love you, Dee. I’m not someone who plays with other’s feelings. I’m serious, Dee. I love you. My heart beats only for you,” he said earning no response from her.

Behind the door, Dara was sitting while leaning to the door. She clutched her chest tight, trying to erase the pain but it was still there. Silent tears managed to leak from her eyes. Silent tears soon turned into sobs. Dara heard everything that Jiyong said as she covered to tone down her sobs. “I’m not someone who plays with other’s feelings.” “How Jiyong? How? You said you’re not someone who plays with other’s feelings yet you hurt me twice, not just once but twice, Ji,” she mumbled out between her sobs, not loud enough for him to hear.

 

Thunder was walking through the lobby, smiling to the security as he walked. He was carrying a plastic bag of foods since Dara refused to get out of her condo unit. He pressed the elevator button and in no time, he was already on Dara’s unit’s floor. He stopped just in front of Dara’s door and he was surprised to see the man he least wanted to see in front of his older sister’s condo unit.

“Hyung, I thought I made it clear that day,” he growled. “Cheondoong-ah. I love your noona and please, don’t doubt that. I won’t give up until she wants to talk to me,” he stated firmly. “Hyung. I beg you, please leave. Don’t hurt noona anymore,” he pleaded. “Cheondoong-ah, please help me. Give me a chance to talk to her,” Jiyong uttered helplessly. “Hyung, just go, for today.” “I’ll go first today but please Cheondoong-ah, let me talk to her after this. Give me a chance,” he said before going away. He gave in for he didn’t have other choice.

“Noona, I’ll come in, okay?” Thunder said as he knocked at the door. Without waiting for further reply, he entered the password code and opened the door, only to find his older sister on the floor, with her legs brought up and face hung low. She was obviously crying.

Thunder directly put down the plastic bag he had been carrying on the floor before enveloping Dara in a hug. “Noona. It’ll be okay. The pain will go soon, okay?” He cooed. She could only nod in his hug. “Now noona, eat something, okay? I brought you your favorite ramyun,” he grinned as he released the hug. “Alright.” A small smile managed to creep up to her lips, seeing her baby brother had grown up and now taking care of her. ‘Thank you Sanghyun-ah.’

“Sanghyun-ah,” Dara called as she was seated on the dining table. “Ne, noona?” “Thank you,” she mumbled. “Eh? What did you say noona?” “Nothing. Ah Sanghyun-ah, I’m going to Italy to study more about fashion design and business,” she put up a smile. “Are you sure noona? You’re not going because you’re running away? Please noona, how can you get over him if you just keep running away?” Thunder looked at her eyes. His eyes, his eyes showed a lot of concern and care. “I’m not, Sanghyun-ah. Don’t worry. I’ll be back before you know it,” she reassured him with a smile. “I know, noona. Just,” he sighed, “I don’t want you to leave again when you’ve just come back.” “I’ll be okay, alright? Don’t worry too much, Sanghyun-ah,” she said as she caressed her baby brother’s cheek lovingly. Thunder sighed in defeat. “Alright noona. Just eat for now, okay?” “Arasseo,” Dara pinched his cheeks before digging in.

“Sanghyun-ah,” she called her little brother as she finished her meal. “Don’t tell mom and dad, alright? I don’t want them to get worried. Promise me?” “I promise, noona. I don’t want them to get worried also,” he heaved a sigh. “When are you going to go, noona?” “Next week, I think.” “Okay. Now, got to rest, kay noona?” “But, I have to wash-” “I’ll take care of those, noona,” he cut her sentence off. “Okay, boss!” Dara giggled while saluting earning a chuckle from Thunder. He shook his head. ‘This noona. Still like a kid as ever.’

 

A week went by like a blur, too fast to Thunder’s liking since his beloved older sister would leave again, because of the same reason. Yes, deep down, he knew that a part of Dara didn’t only want to study more but she did want to run away to. Run away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter