08. I Love You(s)

Once For Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She smiled seeing her friends, one of them in particular. She remembered a lot of things they had done together, everything that they had gone through since they were a kid. She remembered how they had shared stories of their crushes, their first loves together. 

CL reminisced how Dara tried to suppress her feelings to him when she told her that she liked him. She remembered how eventually she gave up her feelings for Jiyong when she could see sparks on both of their eyes when Jiyong and Dara looked at each other. How Jiyong treated Dara very lovingly that she would break anytime soon. CL thought of how many times Jiyong was immediately there when Dara needed him, how he would take care of Dara anytime, how he could calm Dara in any situation in a mere seconds. 

Unconsciously, her lips twitched upwards. All of the good memories were running through her mind. Her beautiful thoughts of their memories were cut off with the bad memories flooding her mind. He was so loving and caring to her, but why? Why did he hurt her? How could he break her into million pieces leaving her broken? CL couldn't make it up on her mind. She didn't have any idea. And then, a frown was evident on her face. 

"Chaerin-ah!" The oldest eonni's voice broke her trance. "Yeah?" "Let's go! What were you thinking?" Bom asked. "Yeah what were you thinking? It's rare to see our badass CL so out of it," Dara chuckled. "Nothing eonni. I'm just thinking about something," CL smiled. "Okay, then. Let's continue to shop!"

 

*** 

 

Days went by too quick to Jiyong's liking. It was December 23rd already that the streets were decorated with various kinds of Christmas lights. All of the shopping districts of Seoul were crowded with people. Tourists could be seen here and there. But well, Jiyong was too busy with his work that he almost locked himself up in his office. 

Dozens of paperwork were scattered on his table. Jiyong racked his hair in frustration. He hadn't even gone to Christmas shopping like how people did. Worse, he had invited Dara for dinner at his very own condo for dinner and he planned to cook by himself but he hadn't even bought the ingredients yet. His plan to amuse Dara would turn into nothing if he didn't move his feet at that very moment to buy the ingredients and prepare everything for the next day. Jiyong wanted everything to be beyond perfection. 

He slammed his pen unto the table. Screw paperwork. He had to get moving right then. Jiyong hastily took his coat and flung it on. He took his keys before walking in a dash. 

"Ms. Ahn, please take care of my paperwork. I'll finish them tomorrow," he said as he walked off without bothering to hear her reply. Jiyong punched the elevator button impatiently while tapping his foot. 

The chilly wind of winter welcomed him as he stepped out from his office building. It was only 5 but the sun was nowhere to be seen. It was winter already, anyway. 

Jiyong got in his white Bentley and drove to the nearest supermarket near his condo. He grabbed the nearest trolley that he could see as soon as he got off his car. He took every ingredient that he needed in a flash, filling the once empty trolley into a full-loaded one. 

With both hands full of plastic bags, Jiyong walked to his car after paying for things he bought. He dropped all the plastic bags unto his car's trunk. All of the plastic bags were neatly placed as he got in to the driver's seat. Humming a song, Jiyong drove back to his condo. 

 

Various kinds of ingredients were sprawled all over the kitchen table as Jiyong was preparing something in advance. He was afraid that he won't get off the meeting on time the next day so he decided to prepare everything first so that the next day he would only need to bake everything. Jiyong had already decided that he wouldn't cook anything too fancy, just simple baked pasta, enough to show off his skills. 

His expert hands were moving in sync with the knife, cutting the onions, tomatoes and other ingredients in perfect size. Another time, he was rolling the dough over and over again to get the exact texture for the lasagna. The other time again, he was stir-frying the beef with the tomatoes, making the bolognaise sauce for the filling. 

Jiyong dusted off his hands as he finished putting everything in place, placing the uncooked dish inside the refrigerator. He groaned while stretching his tired muscles and walked off to his bedroom with a big yawn. 

 

*** 

 

To: Dee

From: Ji

Remember the Christmas Eve dinner with me? Meet me at my apartment at 7. I'll fetch you later. Anyway, good morning. Sorry to wake you up, Dee. Have a nice day ^^ -Ji 

 

The beeping sound of her phone woke her up from her sleep. She was a light sleeper most of the times. Dara rubbed her eyes groggily as she got up and took her phone to see who texted her. A smile unconsciously crept up to her lips as she read the text. 

 

To: Ji

From: Dee

Oh great Ji, you really woke me up kk~ don't bother to fetch me. I know you're busy so just text me your address and I'll go there by myself. And have a nice day too ^^ -Dee 

 

Dara inhaled an amount of breath with her closed eyes. She put back her phone before stretching some of her muscles. Feeling all good, Dara got up. ‘It's Christmas eve already. Time sure flies fast,’ she chuckled. 

A beeping sound from her phone was heard again. Dara opened her phone and locked the screen again. It was Jiyong's address. She sighed heavily. Her eyebrows were furrowed. ‘It's impossible for me to still have feelings for him... right? Get yourself together, Dara. You can be friendly but you can't fall in love with him ever again.’

Inhaling another amount of breath, Dara got up and prepare herself for the meeting she had to attend to discuss the upcoming endorsement she would have to do. 

 

*** 

 

He flipped the paper back and forth, reading what was written on it. Jiyong was doing everything in a full speed but not with less concentration. He didn't want to risk being late to meet Dara. 

"Mr. Kwon?" A knock was heard from the other side of his door. "Please come in, Ms. Ahn." The said secretary came in with a curt bow. "Your meeting is in 30 minutes, Mr. Kwon. Conference hall A, 23rd floor. Kwon hwejangnim will be there too." "Thank you, Ms. Ahn. You may leave." Sohee bowed and left Jiyong's office. 

He raked his hair in frustration. The remaining paperwork to do was still too many and he had to finish it somehow in time if he didn't want to be late meeting Dara. Jiyong composed himself as he took his blazer and set off to meet his father in the meeting room. 

 

*** 

 

Dara got home exactly at six. She put off her coat and went to the bathroom for some refreshing shower. 

A long-sleeved stripped dress hug her curves perfectly. Paired with legging, Dara was more stunning than usual with a light make up on her face. She grabbed her purse and with her keys she went out of her condo unit. She headed to Jiyong's condo. 

 

*** 

 

Jiyong glanced at the clock nervously now and then. The clock had strike at 6.30 and he had done presenting his ideas but the meeting hadn't finished yet. He just got 30 minutes left to meet Dara and that if the meeting would end soon. 

He shifted uncomfortably on his seat as he kept turning his glances to the clock hanging behind him. Despite the glare that his father had been giving him, he kept shifting uncomfortably, oblivious of his father's glare. Once he turned to look at his father, just then Jiyong noticed his father had been glaring at him for a while. 

'Focus, Jiyong,' his father mouthed him making he ducked his head down and inhaled quite an amount of breath. ‘Focus, Jiyong. This will be over soon,’ he convinced himself. Jiyong lifted his head as he started to listen to everything attentively. His father nodded in satisfaction. 

Silence was all around the room except from the person in front presenting something. A tinge of seriousness could be seen on his face. Heck he was scary. Once he got his determination, paired with his seriousness, no one could stop Jiyong from whatever he wanted to do. He was an ambitious person, that's why. 

"That's all for today. Great job everyone. You're all dismissed." And that marked the end of the meeting. Jiyong glanced up at the clock and his eyes were almost bulging out of its sockets. ‘Crap! I'm late!’ He literally screamed inside his mind. 

Jiyong was about to take a mad dash towards the door when his father's voice stopped him. He turned with a sigh. "Yes, dad?" He asked as he approached his father. "You've done a great job. No doubt you're a Kwon," his father patted his back while chuckling. Jiyong rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I still have a long way to go, dad. Anyway, don't you have any dinner plans with mom? It's Christmas Eve, dad." "I don't think so. I'll have dinner with your mom tomorrow. You wanna join?" "I don't want to be a third wheel in your dinner date." "Alright, son. Just go, I know you have plans today. Sorry for keeping you," he smiled. "Thanks, dad. I'm going, bye!" "Good luck on your date, son," his father said while shaking his head. He couldn't deny the fact that his son was once again had that glowing face of his. 

 

*** 

 

Dara drove his white Range Rover to Jiyong's condo. She was sure she was late. It was already 7.30 and she was still on her way. Well, blame on the traffic. She was stuck in the traffic for almost an hour. Car's honking could be heard anywhere but Dara didn't mind any of it. 

As soon as her car stepped on the front lobby of Jiyong's condo, she dropped her car key to the valet service and dashed towards the elevator. Dara was about to press the elevator button but a security stopped her. 

"I'm sorry miss, but you're not allowed to go in if you're not a resident

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter