05. The Photo Shoot

Once For Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Ahn Sohee?” She mumbled. Dara quickly regained her composure and walked towards the other woman as if she didn’t know her. “Annyeonghaseyo. Are you perhaps Mr. Kwon’s secretary?” The woman looked up and started at Dara for quite some minutes. “Erhm,” Dara cleared awkwardly as she received no answer. The woman named Sohee immediately snapped out of her trance of thoughts. “Ms. Sandy Park?” “Yes, I’m Sandy Park. Is Mr. Kwon in now?” Dara tried her best to put up her smile. “Yes. Please come into his office, Ms. Park.” “Thank you.” Dara bowed as she walked to the office. “How can she looks a lot like Dara?” Sohee mumbled when Dara was out of her sight. But unknown to Sohee, her mumbles were loud enough for Dara to hear. She smirked before proceeding to enter.

 

‘Kwon Jiyong’

 

The placard on the table read. Dara stopped again, frozen. Another surprise for that day, in the same building. Why did the thoughts never come to her mind? Kwon Corps. Jiyong’s surname was Kwon, he was surely a part of the Kwons. Dara scolded herself for being so oblivious about it. Why did she receive the offer at first? Dara tried to compose herself as Jiyong hadn’t seen her yet since he didn’t notice her when she entered.

“Ehm, Mr. Kwon?” “Oh yes, wait a minute.” Jiyong said without turning his face to face Dara. He cleaned up his paper stack and turned to face Dara. “Sandy-ssi?!” Jiyong’s face showed that somehow he was surprised seeing Dara. “Yes, Mr. Kwon. I’m here to talk about the photo shoot of your company’s car commercial.” “Please take a seat, Sandy-ssi. And what’s with the over formalities? Just drop it and call me Jiyong instead. It’s fine. We’re classmates after all, moreover seatmate,” he said with a sly grin on his face.

Everyone in the office wouldn't think that Jiyong had this side with him as he had always been very serious while working in the company. "You could've just sent your manager here. Why bother to come over by yourself?" He chuckled. Even he surprised himself that he could chuckle when it was supposed to be one important meeting. 

"I just like to handle the meetings by myself, especially when it is talking about the concept. Besides, I heard that even the young CEO of the Kwon Corps. handle this himself." "Alright. Let's get into business now." Jiyong took out a folder with papers of designs and concepts inside. They started talking about this and that. 

By the time they finished, the sun had set already. They had decided that they would use Dara's design for the costume and the photo shoot would go on casual concept.

Dara's head was on the table. Her breathing was even and by one look everyone could tell that she was asleep already. Jiyong went back to his office with two cups of coffee on his hands. He smiled upon seeing Dara's figure. Walking slowly towards her, Jiyong brushed the strands of her hair that had fallen unto her face. She was wearing eye glasses but it couldn't hide her baby-like skin. Jiyong smiled

‘You both are just too similar. I don't know why my heart beats faster when you're around. Please, don't be like her and leave me all broken for the second time.’

"Sandy-ssi?" Jiyong nudged her sleeping figure. "Your coffee might get cold." He gazed at Dara warmly. Dara stirred in her sleep and slowly rubbed her eyes while stretching her sore muscles. She somehow fell asleep during their sketching for the design and settings of the photo shoot. 

Dara cupped her hand over her yawning mouth, earning a chuckle from Jiyong. "Cute," he mumbled. Jiyong handed her her cup of coffee. "Sandy-sii, here. I hope you like caramel macchiato." Dara blinked at him and later her gaze was directed to Jiyong's hand. "How do you know my favorite coffee?" Dara tilted her head to the side as she looked at Jiyong, confused. Jiyong shrugged, "I don't know. Just a mere guess?" 

A warm smile crept up to his lips as Dara thanked him with her smile. The smile which he missed, even though he didn't know that the girl in front of him was the same girl from back then. ‘It was her favorite coffee too.’  Jiyong thought as he reminisced all of his times with Dara.

The paper cup soon was emptied by Dara in several gulps. Oh how she loved coffee and she was especially thirsty that time. "Thank you, Jiyong-ssi," she smiled. Dara's voice brought Jiyong back from his trance. "No problem." 

Both of them were immersed in their works, not caring the moon and stars that had been shining on the night sky. Dara flexed her arms, noticing that her muscles were sore already. Jiyong looked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter