06. Press Conference

Once For Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Like a true gentleman, Jiyong pushed the elevator button for her, let her enter the elevator first, open the door of his car and lastly placed her seatbelt in place. The last action which sent electricity to her body and made her heart beating wildly inside her ribcage. Heat crept up to Dara's cheeks as she tried to hide it from Jiyong when he pulled back. She mumbled a 'thank you' incoherently making Jiyong chuckled. 

The car soon speeded off through the silence of Seoul city's night. It was almost midnight that there was barely any car on the street. Jiyong pulled his car unto a stop in front of a small tent. He went out of the car and turned to the passenger's side, opening the door for Dara before she could even open it for herself. "Thank you, Jiyong-ssi." He could just smile warmly as a reply. 

A middle aged woman greeted them as soon as they entered the tent. It was a small street food stall that opens up till midnight. "Ahjumma! A plate of ddeokbokki and a portion of odeng please," Jiyong half-yelled. "Oh Jiyong-ah," the woman smiled warmly, "so a plate of ddeokbokki and a portion of odeng. Anything else?" "Two bottles of mineral water will be fine." "Alright." 

Dara looked at Jiyong in confusion as they were sitting in one of the tables. "I often come here so that's why the ahjumma knows me well," he said as if reading Dara's mind. "Oh and I'm sorry, the place is not like some kind of five stars hotels or something fancy. It's almost midnight and there's not much restaurants open. But I promise that the ddeokbokki here is the best..." Jiyong blabbered. "It's okay Jiyong-ssi. Honestly I don't really mind. I miss Korean street foods too!" Dara beamed. Jiyong softened. 

"Sandy-ssi? Can I ask you for a favor?" "Yeah? What is it?" "Uhmm," Jiyong mumbled while fidgeting on his seat. "Just say it already, Jiyong-ssi," she smiled. "I know maybe it's too early to ask but can we drop the last formalities and call each other in comfortable manner instead?" Jiyong looked down, unable to look at Dara in the eyes. He looked like an adorable shy little boy that time. Dara chuckled, seeing how adorable Jiyong was. "Ji?" 

Dara's nickname caught him by surprise. It was the same nickname that Dara called him back then. She tried to suppress herself but she couldn't deny that she missed how his nickname from her back then could rolled out of her tongue freely. Jiyong looked up to meet eyes with Dara and his lips twitched upward forming a genuine smile. "Dee," he muttered slowly. "Hey, you were the one who asked for it. Just be comfortable Ji," she smiled as the others could see on the outer side. 

Dara was, in fact, trying hard to smile inside since Jiyong used the same tone he used to call her. But then, Jiyong called her with her real name, Dara. His voice was filled by so much warmth. 

"Dee?" Jiyong called her, snapping her out off her daze. "The foods are here," he smiled while handling Dara her chopsticks. "Thank you for the food!" Dara beamed before digging in, forgetting all the things she was thinking before since the foods were already in front of her. Heck, she was really hungry. 

Jiyong chuckled softly seeing the girl -who was supposed to be a woman- in front of him. ‘Such a kid.’ He was busy admiring the beautiful and elegant yet cute creature in front of him. 

"Ji? You're not eating?" The soft and angelic voice of Dara snapped him out of his daze. "Uh? Yeah, of course I'm eating." With a smile, he dug in. 

Jiyong led Dara to his car as they had filled their stomachs. Being the gentleman he was, Jiyong once again did everything for Dara. Opening the door for her until placing her seatbelt in place which sent her heart beating wildly once again. Unknown to Dara, Jiyong was also trying to calm his racing heartbeats. ‘Am I falling for you? How can you make me fall for you in this short period of time, Dee?’ Jiyong threw Dara a brief glance before he started the engine. 

The drive went in silence, just as the silence of Seoul city's midnight silence. The car pulled into a stop in front of Dara's apartment. Jiyong turned to the passenger’s seat only to find Dara sleeping soundly. Her breaths were even and she looked so peaceful that Jiyong couldn't bear to wake her up. 

It went on for some time since Jiyong hadn't realized that he had been staring. Admiring -to be exact- the beauty in front of him just as before. Somehow Dara stirred in her sleep causing Jiyong to break out from his thoughts. "Awake, Dee?" Jiyong asked, still hadn't taken his eyes off of her. Dara yawned a bit while fluttering her sleepy eyes open. She was greeted by the smiling Jiyong. "Why didn't you wake me up, Ji?" Her cheeks flushed red. "You were so peaceful in your sleep that I can't wake you up," he said while Dara was unbuckling the seatbelt making the latter's cheek grew even redder. 

"Thanks for the ride, Ji," she said in a low tone and opened the door soon after that. "Dee!" Jiyong opened the car's window, shouting Dara's name just before she entered the apartment building. "Press conference, this Friday. I'll pick you up!" He winked and drove off, leaving the flustered Dara behind. 

‘You can't Dara, you just can't.’ She kept reminding herself while walking back to her apartment. 

 

*** 

 

It was soon Friday, the day of the press conference that was held for the launching of the Kwon Corps.'s newest cars. The hall was pretty much packed by reporters even though the weather was indeed chilly. The snow hadn't fallen yet but the temperature was already below five degree of celsius. 

As he had promised before, Jiyong picked Dara up to the press conference venue. The lady was stunningly dressed in long-sleeved black halter neck dress paired with leggings that were warm enough for the weather. She was covered with a brown fur coat making her casually elegant. On the other hand, Jiyong was ready with his thick fur yellow coat and white tee under. He was dressed quite casual for the press conference but who cares. Jiyong opened the door for Dara and they walked side by side as Dara's heels clicked in every step she made. 

The reporters were sent to frenzy as the two main characters for the pres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter