11. Running Away

Once For Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A hand stopped her from moving further. Dara turned her body around, only to see the horrible sight of the man she once loved -still love, even though she didn’t want to admit it-. He was drenched with the snow, he was panting and she could see that he was trembling because of the coldness. Blame the weather. It was unusual to snow at the end of December like that.

“What?” Her tone was harsh and cold. “Dee, please,” he pleaded. “What do you want?” She maintained the coldness in her voice even inside, she wanted to cry so badly. “Please listen to me-” “Ji, look. Why should I listen to you if you’re the one who kissed that girl? It’s a little bit better if she was the one who kissed you but IT’S NOT!” Dara raised her voice. “Dee, I didn’t kiss her first.” “Yeah? But you kissed her back and that’s enough for me. Let me go,” she said calmly. Jiyong looked at her, pained and pleadingly. He didn’t know what got into himself earlier that he kissed that girl back. “Let. Me. Go. Kwon Jiyong,” she commanded sternly when he didn’t release his hold on her. “Dee, I’m sorry,” he muttered helplessly. “Goodbye Jiyong,” she casted one last look to him before releasing her arm from his hold.

Without looking back, Dara walked away from him. The droplets of snow that had melted mixed with her tears. She couldn’t hold back anymore. She loved Kwon Jiyong but it hurt too much to love him. She wanted to go away from him, just like five years ago. He was her first love and her first heartbreak. And he did it again. She couldn’t handle that. She was still the fragile Dara.

Dara took out her phone, dialing some numbers on it. “Sanghyun-ah,” she said as soon as the other line picked up the phone, not giving the latter chance to speak first. “Noona? What happened?” “I.. I w-want t-to g-go b-back,” she choked out the words between her sobs. “Where are you noona?” Her little brother asked. Dara looked around her surroundings and mentioned it to Thunder. “Okay, stay there noona. I’ll be right there,” he said before hanging up the phone.

She let go of her phone, sending it freely to the ground. A crack could be heard as Dara’s body slumped unto the ground. Her tears were flowing down endlessly as she cried silently. Dara hit her chest again and again, hoping to ease the pain but turned to no avail. ‘I’ve promised not to fall for him again yet here I am. It hurts too much.’

 

Jiyong’s body dropped to the ground in defeat. A droplet of tears was making its way down unto his cheeks. He lost the girl he loved twice. The difference was only that the first time, he didn’t know what he did wrong while this one, he clearly knew that it was his fault. And it hurt even more.

“HYUNG!” Several voices from his best friends called him. “Jiyong-ah, are you okay, man?” TOP asked. “Hyung..” Jiyong muttered weakly with silent tears still leaking out of his eyes. “Common, man. Get up,” TOP said as he and the others helped him to get up. “Seungri-ah, sorry to ruin your party,” he muttered apologetically. “It’s okay, hyung. It’s just a party anyway,” the maknae grinned. “Cheer up, man. Now fix yourself first and fight for your love,” Taeyang encouraged him. “Don’t let your love go away for the second time,” Daesung mumbled, which went unnoticed by the others.

 

"Noona!" Thunder shrieked upon seeing his older sister on the ground. Her body was shaking while crying silently. "Noona," he uttered softly while placing his hands on her shoulders. Dara looked up to meet eyes with him. "I want to go back Sanghyun-ah," she choked out between her sobs. "What happened noona?" "I want to go back to France... It hurts too much... I shouldn't have come back," were the words that could be heard by Thunder since her words were mixed with incoherent mumbles. "Noona, let's get back first to your apartment and tell me everything, okay?" Dara nodded solemnly.

"Whatever that happens, be strong, noona," he muttered softly as he traced her face while focusing on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter