Prank ➈

Prank you till Love starts!

 

♥ ♥ ♥

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Just stay here while I attend the meeting. If there is anything you need, just inform my secretary who is sitting outside. You can also rest in the room there.” I messed with Amber’s short hair and said to her.

 

“How long would I need to stay in the office alone?” She asked as she tilted her head and pouted her lips that made me desired to kiss her on her glossy pink lips.

 

“At least 2 hours.” I said as I gathered the materials I need for the meeting.

 

“2 hours?!” She widened her eyes looking shocked.

 

“I want to go too!” She requested as she stood up immediately and walked towards me.

 

“You want to go? It’s rather boring.” I frowned as I try to figure out what she wants to do. I knew exactly that she wouldn’t volunteer to sit in such boring meeting. She is so active and cheerful and I really doubt on the fact that she wants to come with me.

 

“I don’t care, I want to go with you.” She interlocked my 10 fingers together and begged me.

 

“Alright, don’t complain if you think it’s bored.” I sighed as I shook my head.

 

“No problem!” Amber nodded her head constantly.

 

“Argh!” She rubbed her neck and mumbled, “I nod my head too vigorously.”

 

I laughed and smacked her head, then slipped my hand into hers and pulled her out of the office. I can’t help but revealed a big smile on my face as I walked to the lift. Looking at how she was acting just now, she really looked like a kidult. However, that is why I like her so much, after being with her for the past one month, I’m falling in love with her even more.

 

(Amber’s POV)

I could feel the warmth of his hand and if I’m not wrong, this was actually the first time we had held each other in hands. For some reason, a smile had crawled onto my face as I stared at the both of our hands.

 

“Start the meeting.” Kris announced as soon as he entered the meeting room and then led me to a seat that is beside his.

 

Everyone in the room was staring at me looking bewildered by my present.

 

“Stop staring.” Kris gave all the guys an angry glare.

 

Tsk! Why was he so fiendish all of a sudden? Didn’t he realize how tense the whole atmosphere had been? Everyone seems to scare of him and he still glared at them.

I raised my eyebrow and rolled my eyes at him then turned and smiled at the people in the room.

As soon as Kris gave them a death glare, each one of them started reporting their usual task. While they were presenting their department sales, I realized that the whole room was filled with 90% men and there are only 4-5 women!

 

I pouted my lips and mumbled to myself, “Why are there so little ladies here?” Don’t women in China work?

I looked around the room again and finally someone caught my attention. She was staring towards my direction and coincidently; Kris was just standing behind me.

 

*Is she looking at… Kris?* For some reason, there is something right in my heart that tell me to stop that lady from staring at him.

 

Tsk! Amber Liu, had you forgotten what your intentions? Your plan was to get a lady who might have a crush on Kris and match her with him and at the same time try to get evidence of Kris “cheating” on you. Well, you can say that I’m going to be a matchmaker now. But, this is a way to get rid of this marriage. Whether, it’s stupid or not, I’m still going to give it a try.

Therefore, I should grab hold of this chance! This lady is definitely interested with Kris… although she looks quite old, like 26 to 27? But, I think age is not a barrier of true love wasn’t it?

 

At the mean time, Kris’s deep voice surrounded the silent meeting room.

“Why did the sales dropped tremendously compared to what had reported from last month? This is not what I wanted!” His eyes scanned around the people who seated around the table.

 

His cold words made me frowned automatically. I suddenly became not used to such cold words from him. I realized that although he might look expressionless to me but he never glared or scolded me even though I annoyed him so much. He looked like a stranger to me now and I don’t like it.

 

“I had given you guys one more chance and this is what you can give me? The company had given you guys high pay but what had you benefit the company? This is not a place for you guys to rest and play, if you people are unable to hit the target then why are you here?” Every one of them hung down their heads as they listened to Kris cold and harsh words. Nobody dared to even breathe properly.

 

I looked at the people around and frowned hard… I guess, this people had worked hard! Looked at those people who had eye bags! They must have worked overnight to hit the target. I immediately stood up and walked around the place to flip through their report and I could feel Kris’s eyes were tracing me as well.

 

“This is considered really good!” I commented, as I looked straight through Kris’s eyes.

 

Suddenly, everyone in the room laid their eyes on me in shock.

 

“Why are you making it hard for everybody? There was only 10% difference from the last month sales, why are you being harsh on them?” I walked towards Kris and folded my arms in front of my chest expressing my disapproval.

 

“Look at them! All of them looked so shaggy and there were all having eye bags. Can’t you see they had worked hard?” I pointed at those people.

 

Poor thing! They must have suffered a lot when Kris became their CEO.

 

“10% less means we loses 4 billion.” He answered expressionlessly. I noticed that his face had softened.

 

“4 billion? Wah, that means when it’s 70%, it’s at least 28 billion! Hey, why do you need so much money? You can’t spend it all within your lifetime.” I bravely retaliate against what Kris said.

 

“There are more than 1000 workers that need the pay.” Kris answered.

He meant that this was to benefit the people working in the company?

 

“But, they are also the one who earned this money!” I replied giving him a wide smile as I waited for his reply.

 

“Furthermore, there is an economy crisis. It’s already hard to achieve this target, yet they had achieved! Aren’t they amazing?! Instead of giving a black face, you should at least give them some praises, so that they are willing to work hard for you.” I said again as I held onto Kris’s hand and swing it like a child.

 

Suddenly, a smile spread across Kris’s face and his face immediately lit up because of his white and neat teeth.

 

Everyone in the room gasped as they saw Kris smiled.

 

“Alright! Maybe, I might be harsh alright? Actually you guys had did well and I hope you can continue to maintain this spirit. The meeting had ended.” As soon as he finished his ‘kind’ speech, he turned and pulled me out of the room. I looked up at him and realized his smile had disappeared but his face still show sign of warmth and gentleness.

 

* * *

 

“Is it up to your expectations?” Kris leaned his on his office table and looked at me who was smiling widely. He was expressionless and I can’t really guess what he was actually thinking.

 

“What are you talking about?” I tilted my head and looked at him innocently.

 

“Are you very happy that you actually rebuke me in front of everyone?” He walked towards me and pulled me along with him and then made me sit on his lap as he sat down on the sofa.

 

“Of course not! I really think that you are too harsh on them.” I said with a smile not caring whether I’m sitting on his lap or not. I just felt that it’s really comfortable.

 

“This time round, the image I had build up in front of the people had officially ruined by you.” Kris smiled as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

 

“Really? But I think they will like you even more.” I said seriously.

 

“They will like you too.” He tightened his grip around me and said.

 

At this moment, I finally realized that I was extremely close to Kris that I could even feel his hot breathe on my neck. I had never been so close to any guys and I won’t let any of them to get near me and this is causing me to get nervous. My heart was racing rapidly as I swallowed my saliva.

 

“You… you are hugging me too tight… I can’t breathe…” I mumbled as I tried to escape from him so that I can distant myself from him.

 

Finally, Kris decided to release me and return me my freedom.

Gosh! What happened to me?! I sat down on the sofa looking confused and lost. I cupped my face with both of my palms and I could feel how hot my cheeks had been. My heart was beating so hard that it was going to jump out of my rib cage anytime from now.

Am I getting use to Kris already? Thinking of how I felt comfortable while sitting on his lap and how natural I was when he held my hand, made me feel rather confused.

Furthermore, I don’t get shy around guys, but I actually did just now! This is not like the usual me! Why did I became so weird after meeting Kris?!

! What happened, man!

 

♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

 

Comment. Comment. Comment.

Hope you like the small little Krisber moment at the back! ^^

And anyway, I just want you gys to help me decide one thing! I was thinking of starting a 'Christmas Special' story on Kris, but I need you people to help me vote who you all want to pair up. I have two options, Amber and OC. 

I'm not sure whether I should write OC or not and I really feel like writing OC. But, I had decided to leave it to you guys to decide then... After all, I'm alright with writing any of them! Thank you! ^^