Wasn't affected?

Although You Didn't Know

 

“We really have to move,dearie.So,pack up,okay?”,Mrs Lee cupped both Ji Sung’s cheeks and forced out a smile.”No,why must we move out from this big,nice house?!We have already lost appa,why this house too?I don’t want to live anywhere else!”,Ji Sung retorted.

Ji Sung was actually quite mature for his age,but this time he wasn’t.Well,you couldn’t blame him at all.Who would want to move out from a nice,comfortable place to some lowly place that can’t even compare to Kangnam at all?Who could accept the fact that you had turned from super rich to extremely poor in just one day?

“Ji Sung,listen to umma,please?You are a good boy right?”,Mrs Lee tried to convince.”But,why,umma?Why do we need to move?”,Ji Sung sniffled.Mrs Lee couldn’t bear to tell out the reason for she didn’t want to ruin the perfect image of Mr Lee as a good father in front of her own kids.

“Just shut up and pack,will you?”,Ji Eun groaned.Ji Sung send her a glare with his eyebrows creased together.”Ji Eun,you shouldn’t be this harsh to your brother.And watch your language,you are a girl.Dont be so rude”,Mrs Lee chided.

“What’s the use of caring our image now?We had lose everything right?I am actually quite relieved that I have Daehyun oppa now.”,Ji Eun mumbled the last sentence and walked away.

Mrs Lee was left stunned for a moment.From the way her daughter talked,she knew she had known.”What does unni mean by we had lose everything,umma?”,Ji Sung curiously asked.”Its nothing,go and pack.Be a good boy”,she patted his soft hair and gave his cheeks a peck.

--

The news about the Ji Eun’s father’s death and doings were the headlines of the news the next morning.Of course,everyone knew about it and it was the topic of the conversation that day,even in school.

How Ji Eun acted in school wasn’t how everyone expected.They thought she would looked weak,expressionless or maybe even skipping school.But,they were wrong.

She entered the school normally with her chin held high,looking down at everyone like always.It was as if nothing had happened and students started to call her a cruel .

It wasn’t that she wasn’t sad about her father’s death.She was rather angered more than sad.Call her childish or maybe cold hearted,but she felt all the things had happened was somehow her father own choice.And now even he was gone,he made the life of his family difficult.Ji Eun just had to put the blame on him,thinking that he was the reason of everything that happened today.

“Don’t you feel anything at all?”,Yongguk stared at her with an amused expression.He was curious why she wasn’t even a bit sad.

“What?”,Ji Eun replied and continued eating her lunch set.Daehyun looked at Yongguk and quietly shook his head,indicating him to stop asking.Of course,it didn’t stop Yongguk at all.

“Arent you sad?Your father died.You lost your house,your money,your property,mostly,your closest family member”,Yongguk exclaimed.

Ji Eun let out a sarcastic chuckle.”So you expect me to cry loudly now?Or maybe you want me to come to school with heavy dark circles under my eyes?”.

“You are seriously a heartless woman.I bet your father wouldn’t even rest in peace right now after hearing what you said”,Yongguk sighed.”I am outta here”,he shook his head and stood up from his seat,obviously displeased.

“Eeeek,Yongguk hyung is angry”,Zelo gulped.”Please,tell me one time that he is not angry.He is always so uptight”,Ji Eun groaned.”Right,Daehyun oppa?”,she smiled cutely at Daehyun.

“Right”,Daehyun immediately replied,without his own intention.Ji Eun smiled wider,pleased by his reply and turned away from him.Daehyun looked at her and his eyes softened.After all this year,knowing her since they were smaller,he knew exactly what she was thinking.

--

The first thing Woohyun did when he entered school was to check on Ji Eun.After knowing the news from the Infinite boys about Ji Eun’s father,he was worried that she might break down.Anyone would,actually.

But he realised he was wrong when he saw her walking out hand in hand with Daehyun,talking and laughing like usual.Woohyun couldn’t stop staring.Its not that he didn’t want her to be happy,but acting normally this way was WAYYY too much after her father’s death.

Daehyun nodded as an acknowledgement that he noticed Woohyun presence there but Ji Eun didn’t even bother to look at him as they walked passed him.It was just like he was not even worth for her to take a glimpse.And that hurt him a lot.He was actually worry for nothing.

Feeling dejected as always,he sighed and slowly walked to his class.

---

The long day in school was finally over and students started to go back home.Woohyun on the other side,stayed at the library after school hours to use the computer for his project.

“This is tiring”,he rotated his neck to the left and to the right to tense the tension down a little.His expression suddenly saddened when he remembered about the incident earlier.*I wonder why are you so stupid to like her when she is treating you this way*,he heard someone in his brain told him.

“Shut up,conscious.This is my choice”,he shook his head and began to pack up,ready to go home.

By the time he got himself out from the school compound,it was already almost reaching 5.He was lucky for not having work that day or else he would be running like a mad cow to the bus stop now.

Woohyun let himself relax a little that day by walking slowly.It had been quite a long time ever since he let himself felt so relax and trust me,he was feeling extremely good.He looked around the Kangnam neighbourhood that he passed by every single day,but he never noticed,the area was so peaceful and calm despite the fact that it was where  all those arrogant rich people lived.

He came across a park at the middle of the neighbourhood and noticed the empty playground.It was weird that there weren’t any kids playing there,but at his neighbourhood,even though the playground there wasn’t actually as nice as the one they had here,it was always full with kids laughter and excitement.

“The kids here don’t know what true fun is”,he smiled to himself and started to walk towards the swings.He threw his backpack on the side and sat on one of the nicely builed swing.”Ahhh,this actually feels good”,he smiled and started to close his eyes.

Out of sudden,he heard footsteps of someone running somewhere around him.His eyes shot opened in alarm and quickly looked around him.

There,just a few miles away from him,he saw a familiar silhouette of a girl running with her palms covering her face.Woohyun couldn’t tell who it was at first.

And just as suddenly she appeared,she lost her steps and fell to the ground in just a seconds.Woohyun quickly got up to help her.

As he neared her,he still couldn’t recognize who it was,but he could hear the girl’s sobs clearly.She was definitely crying.

“You okay?”,Woohyun held out his hands ,offering to help her up.No respond.The girl didnt even bother to look up.Woohyun then bent down and he saw that her kness were bleeding due to the fall.

“You are bleeding.Do you want some bandage?I have it in my backpack”,he asked kindly.Still,the girl didn’t reply but instead she just continued crying.Woohyun tried to  lean in closer to catch a closer look of the girl because he really felt that he knew the girl.

“Daehyun oppa left me.He..he left me”,the girl sobbed.Woohyun froze.*Did I just hear Daehyun’s name?*.”Here,let me help you.You want to get up?”,Woohyun tugged on her arms.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP!”,the girl finally held her head high and yelled.Woohyun’s jaws almost dropped when he noticed who it was.It was no other than Lee Ji Eun.

 

-End-

I am really really really sorry for not updating for so long,guys!November was a busy month for me because I was having my extremly important exam till I dont even have time to update.But,no worries!I will be updating as usual now,for my exams are only left with one day!

Again,I am sorry for the delay!