Sun-To-Shine Orphanage

Although You Didn't Know

“Each groups are require to meet 2 orphan in the orphanage and spent the rest of the day with them.By the end of the day,we will ask the children to make evaluation on each of you.Remember,this is your graduation project.Do well”,Mr Park nodded.

“What?!So our graduation are depending on 2 kids that we aren’t going to meet after this?”,Yongguk stared at the teacher in disbelief.”If you have a problem with that,Mr Bang,you can kindly leave this place and I am more than willing to mark a ‘Fail’ on your diploma”,Mr Park eyed Yongguk.

Yongguk’s brow pinched into an angry line but he didn’t refute to the teacher’s words.After all,he knew he would never win against him.”So I believe each of you should treat the children with care and love.They aren’t as lucky as you guys,so please,consider their fragile feelings”,Mr Park reminded.

“We will start proceeding with the task after our breakfast.Help yourselves with the bread and banana milk we prepared”,Mr.Park said before leaving the group of groaning students.

The 5 of them approached the long table that was placed with the bread and milk that Mr.Park mentioned earlier.Woohyun took one set for himself and took another for Ji Eun as well since she was too small to squeeze into the long line.

“Here”,Woohyun passed the bread and milk to her,only to realise another pair of arm was handing the same thing to Ji Eun.Woohyun turned to look at the latter and blinked when he noticed it was Daehyun.Ji Eun who was fixing her hair earlier was now staring at Daehyun as if he was some sort of weird guy she had never seen before.

*Why is Daehyun oppa taking these for me?*,she glanced back and forth between Daehyun’s face and hand.Daehyun chewed on his bottom lips as he continued stretching out his hands.*Why did I have the thoughts to take these for her at the first place?And without I knowing,I am handing it to her like nothing had ever happened!I can’t even pull my hand back!*,Daehyun felt like punching himself.

“Take it.I accidentally took two”,Daehyun shoved the bread and milk into her hands and walked away awkwardly.Ji Eun watched Daehyun’s back and a smile unknowingly curled on her lips.*He cared for me right?!*.She didn’t know why the thoughts made her feel all giddy on her insides.

Woohyun saw that smile on Ji Eun’s face and he consciously pulled his hand back.*Of course she would have choose her over you.Stop wanting something more than that,idiot*,Woohyun gripped more tightly on his milk carton.

“Yah,stop squeezing,it will burst!!”,Ji Eun lightly hit his arms,making Woohyun gasped in shock.He turned to look at Ji Eun who was beaming so brightly as if she had just struck a lottery.Of course,Daehyun passed her bread and milk for god sake!”You were this hungry?Two bread and two cartons of milk?”,Ji Eun raised a brow at him with a mocking look.

“Errr,yeah”,Woohyun held up the breads and milk with a small,awkward smile.*It was originally for you,but..oh well..*.”Let’s go have our breakfast and hope that this graduation project would finish faster”,Ji Eun who was too hype up,slung his arms around Woohyun’s and lead him towards the shades under a tree.

Ji Eun might be too excited to notice what she was doing but Woohyun was fully conscious.Having her arms hooked around his made his heartbeat accelerated like it was about to pump out from his chest.His eyes slightly glanced at Ji Eun’s side view and he let out a small sigh.*I just can’t stop myself.Sorry for my worthless feelings,Lee Ji Eun*.

--

“Meet Mei Lin and Jun.Mei Lin is a Chinese but she is very well spoken in Korean.I hope you guys would enjoy your day with them.Both of you be good too,okay?”,the counsellor patted both the adorable looking kids and left without another word.

The two kids gazed up at the 5 teenagers that were staring at them with large eyes.Jun quickly hid behind Mei Lin who had a tougher look on her.”I hope we will enjoy the day with you,oppas and unni”,Mei Lin beamed.”There is nothing to be afraid of,Jun ah.They won’t be able to do anything when I am here!!”,Mei Lin tugged onto Jun’s arms.

Woohyun couldn’t hide the big smile that was spreading on his lips.These two kids were just too cute to resist.He bent down to match his height with theirs and held his palm out.”Mei Lin is right,Junnie.Oppas and nonna are just here to spend a day with you guys.Do you want any chocolates?Oppa brought lots of candies!”,Woohyun began to dig his bag before taking out some candy on his palm.

“Jun likes chocolates very much!’Qu na!(Go and take),Jun!”,Mei Lin pushed the timid boy forward.Jun pursed his lips together as he stared at the stranger in front of him.He had gone through too much hardship for him to be able to trust a person truly.Even his parents abandoned him in the orphanage,how could he be able to trust a guy that he just met for the first time?But when he saw the sincere smile on  Woohyun’s lips,he felt warmness spreading on his insides.Something told him he wasn’t a bad guy.

“Take as many as you like”,Woohyun shoved a few of them into his palm.”Thank you,hyung!”,Jun smiled.

Yongguk was rolling his eyes when he witnessed the interaction among Woohyun and the kids.*Such a guy.Getting all cute and buying sweets to grab their heart*.Youngjae just kept quiet as he couldn’t approached the kids at all.

“This is Yongguk hyung,Youngjae hyung,Daehyun hyung and Ji Eun unni.I am Woohyun”,Woohyun introduced themselves,ignoring all the annoyed looks from the BAP boys.Daehyun didn’t reply to Woohyun introductions as he just looked at the startled look on Ji Eun’s face.He had secretly looked at Ji Eun’s expression after he left after passing the bread and milk to her.And boy,he had gone all happy and excited to be able to see that silly smile on her.But the expression that she was giving to Woohyun now told him that something was more.

Ji Eun blinked continuously after seeing the other side of Woohyun.She always knew Woohyun was a soft person but she didn’t knew he was such a..sincere person.When she saw the smile that he gave to the kids,something inside her felt warm too.How can someone would be able to smile like that?*Nam Woohyun,you definitely amused me today*.

 

-END-