Engagement

Although You Didn't Know

 

“Zelo!”,Daehyun smacked the maknae’s back,his other hand still holding onto Ji Eun’s hand.”Daehyun!”,Himchan greeted him with a smile.”Hyung!Can you please stop doing that!”,Zelo grumbled and rubbed him sore back.

“Hyung su-nim!”,Jongup politely stood up and gave Ji Eun a bow.Ji Eun just shrugged and smiled.”You don’t even know how to greet?”,Yongguk snapped.”Hyung”,Daehyun whispered.Ji Eun glared at Yongguk and rolled her eyes.Yongguk just continued sipping his cup of coffee.

Yongguk wasn’t on good terms with Ji Eun ever since he met her.He dislikes her arrogance and how she always thought she was the best.Ji Eun at the other side,wasn’t really happy that Daehyun had BAP boys as his best friends.Yes,they were all from rich families like her,but they were slightly different.

They didn’t like to show off their families wealth like she did.They kept their identities low and they interacted with everyone,not caring where their friends from.They loved playing around,skate boarding and even rapping in an underground club.And all of that,disgust Ji Eun very much.All the boys in BAP tried to please her for she was Daehyun’s girlfriend except for Yongguk.

“Ha-ha”,Youngjae tried to slice the tension in the air.”Ready for tonight dinner,hyung?”,he smiled.”As ready as you are,Jae”,Daehyun laughed.”I need to buy a new dress,oppa!”,Ji Eun cutely tugged onto his arms.”Yes,I promise to go with you after school”,he gaze at her lovingly.

Yongguk spat.He couldn’t stand being around her any longer.”I am going to class”,he murmured and walked away with both his hands in his pocket.*Stupid Bang Yongguk!Who do you think you are!If you weren’t Daehyun oppa’s friend,I wont even look at your stupid face!*,Ji Eun mentally grumbled.

--

Woohyun dashed out from the school right after school ended.His uniform was now wet and he lost one of his shoe.Those immature rich kids in the school soaked him in cold water when he went to the toilet earlier and one of the kids even hid his shoe away.

“,I am late!”,he cursed when he looked at his watch on his wrist.Despite his bad physical condition,he sped off to catch the bus.

“Sorry!”,he apologized once he reached the Seoul Hotel.”Its okay,get to work now”,the kind manager patted his shoulder and smiled.”Hmm,what had gotten into you?”,he eyed Woohyun.”Accident”,Woohyun sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.”Ah,its okay.Just get change and hurry up to the grand ballroom alright?We have a big event going tonight”,the manager said.”Yes,sir!”,Woohyun bowed and quickly got changed.

Woohyun arranged the tables,put on the silky white table cloth and arranged the cutleries on each seats.He glanced around the hall,satisfied with his own work.He hurried off into the kitchen and helped with the food preparation.

As the clock ticked at 7 o’clock,guests started to pill into the hall.Woohyun stood at the entrance and welcomed each the guest with a warm smile.”Welcome to the Mr.Jung company dinner in Seoul Hotel”,he greeted.

--

“You first,my lady”,Daehyun opened his red Ferrari door.Ji Eun giggled and went out from the car.”You look dashing and beautiful tonight”,Daehyun complimented and pecked on her cheeks.”You look handsome too,oppa”,she beamed.

“Let’s go in?Appa must has been waiting for us now”,Daehyun put out his hand.”Eem”,Ji Eun nodded and put her slender hand on his.Daehyun lead her into the highest floor where the ballroom situated.

The elevator ding opened and the most sparkling couple of the day walked out elegantly.Ji Eun laughed softly as she had some small conversation with  Daehyun.”Good evening,welcome to Mr.Jung company din-“,Woohyun stopped when he noticed who it was.*Lee..Ji Eun?*.

Ji Eun tilted her head forward to check why did the waiter stopped greeting.She immediately frowned when she noticed who it was.”You work here?”,she tried to hold her laughter as she looked at Woohyun.She found it funny to see someone she knew works.”Y-es”,Woohyun whispered,slightly hurt.”You know him?”,Daehyun raised his brow at Ji  Eun.

“Yeah,he is the POOR kid in our school”,Ji Eun emphasized the word ‘poor’.”Don’t you think its funny?A student from Kangnam High is actually working!”,she laughed out loud.Woohyun lowered his head in embarrassment.Daehyun lightly nudged her shoulder and shook his head.Then,he reached out his hands towards Woohyun for a handshake.”Nice to meet you.My name is Daehyun.I see we go to the same school”,he smiled.

Woohyun was a little bit startled to see someone acted kind to him.He looked at the warm smile that was on Daehyun’s lips and he slowly reached his hand out to return his handshake.Before their hands could came in contact,Ji Eun pulled Daehyun’s hand away.”Don’t touch his hand,oppa.Its dirty”,Ji Eun eyed Woohyun’s rough palm with a disgusted expression.Woohyun’s hand just continued to hang in the air as those hurtful words got into his mind.

Daehyun felt bad for him.He wanted to at least wish him luck and thanked him for working for his father’s company dinner.But,the BAP boys interrupted.”Daehyun!”,Himchan waved with a big smile.The boys were all at the buffet table.”Hyung!”,he called back.

“Sorry,I got to go”,he looked at Woohyun apologetically and walked away with Ji Eun in his arms.Woohyun slowly withdraw his hand back awkwardly.”I am just here to work.Does she need to humiliate me this way?”.With an uncomfortable,awkward feeling in his heart,he shook his thoughts away and greeted the guests enthusiastically.

The dinner ended with a speech from Daehyun’s father.The guests clapped.Guests started to leave.Suddenly,Daehyun walked up to the stage and took the mic.”Excuse me?”,he lightly hit the head of the mic.”Can anyone hear me?”,he cleared his throat.People nodded.

Ji Eun tilted her head up,wondering why her oppa is standing on the stage.Woohyun who was standing at the corner,in charge of attending the guests,perked his head towards the direction of the stage too.”Sorry to take your time”,he smiled apologetically.”But I really have something to say.I have been keeping this for a very long time”,he sighed.”Ji Eun?Where are you?”,he asked and looked around the crowd for his girlfriend.

“I am here,oppa!”,Ji Eun frantically waved.”Ah,there you are”,he smiled.Suddenly,the spotlight was on Ji Eun.Daehyun got a bouquet of rose out of nowhere and started to walk towards her with the mic in his hands.Ji Eun’s heart went Ba Bump.

Woohyun gulped.He somehow knew what Daehyun intended to do.Daehyun was now in front of Ji Eun.”For you”,he held out the rose towards Ji Eun.”Thank you,oppa”,she took the rose and sniffed in the fresh flowery scent.Then,Daehyun bent down on one of his knee and took a jewerlly box out from his tux pockets.He opened the box.”Will you..marry me?”,his eyes were shining.

Everyone in the hall gasped.The son of the big Jung Company is proposing?Ji Eun’s hands were now cupping on and her eyes watered.”How could I say no?”,she whispered and quickly put the diamond ring into her fingers herself.Daehyun got up from his kneeing post and pulled her into his arms.

“You are now my fiancée,baby”,he whispered and kissed her temples.Then,he wrapped his arms around her waist and swung her in a circle.Ji Eun burst into a fit of giggles.”That’s my boy!”,Mr Jung proudly declared and laughed.The guests clapped and some cheered.

Woohyun’s shoulders unknowingly deflated.She treated him so badly but why is him still responding to her?*You know you never have the chance with her.Why put your hopes so high?*

 

-End-

Comments~~~~