Humiliation

Although You Didn't Know

 

Woohyun started his daily life as usual.Woke up,freshen himself and walked to school.Next,pranks and insults that were shot to him in school.”This is a very long day”,Woohyun sighed when he noticed one of the books in his locker were torn off.”I need to buy a new one again”.

It was break time at Kangnam High and students rushed out from their classes to the cafeteria.”Move it,poor boy”,a guy bumped his shoulder on Woohyun’s chest and hissed.The books he was holding in his arms were now dropped to the floor.

“Aish”,he bent down and started to pick his books up.There were many students walking back and forth at the hallway but none of them offered to help him.But Woohyun never hope much from them anyway.It was normal.

“Here”,a voice suddenly said and handed him one of the book he dropped.Woohyun glanced at the hand and then to his face.”Its you”,his mouth was formed into an ‘O’ shape.He would had never thought that this guy would be the one that would helped him.

“That’s right.Its me”,Daehyun put his hands in his pockets and smiled.His smile was genuine and Woohyun knew he meant no harm.”I heard you friends calling you Woohyun yesterday.Its your name right?”,Daehyun said and glanced at Woohyun’s name tag.

“Ah,yes”,Woohyun gulped.Well,he was shocked of course.Why was a kingka like him talking to him?Woohyun pushed his glasses up nervously and looked around his surrounding.Several students started to whisper about the interaction between him and Daehyun.

“Your performance was great yesterday”,Daehyun complimented.”Thank you”,Woohyun blurted.”Your voice..is very special”,Daehyun continued.”Nothing much,really”,Woohyun quickly denied and shook his hands.”It’s a voice where you can hear anywhere”.

*I doubt that*,Daehyun thought.He felt competitive towards the man who was standing in front of him for some reasons.He had the best voice in BAP but Woohyun’s voice was not losing either.”Let’s compete sometime.In the pub where we met yesterday”,Daehyun unknowingly said.

“Co-com-compete?”,Woohyun stuttered.”I-I was just working.Nothing else.Its just for the sake of money.Really”,Woohyun started to wave his hands around again.

Before Daehyun could reply,a pair of arms wrapped itself around his.”Oppa!Where have you been?I have been looking for you!”,Ji Eun cooed and looked at Daehyun.Then,her eyes turned to look at Woohyun.”Ew,were you talking to him?”,she frowned.

*I am hurt again*,Woohyun sighed mentally.”Let’s just go.Bye,Woohyun.Hope to see you around soon”,Daehyun smiled again.”Ah,n-e,neh”,Woohyun nodded.Daehyun then walked away with Ji Eun.

“Ah,Woohyun”,he turned around to look at Woohyun again.”What I said earlier,I meant it.I really hope we can do it sometime”,Daehyun smirked and walked away.

--

The cafeteria was buzzed with students laughter and chattering.BAP and Ji Eun were seated on their regular lunch table which was in the middle of the cafeteria.The cafeteria ahjumma served them their regular lunch and the BAP boys thanked them sincerely except for Ji Eun.

“Its this even food?”,she pushed her tray of food away and rolled her eyes.”Come on baby,you still need to eat it.Dont you want to look nice wearing your wedding gown?It wont look good if you are too skinny”,Daehyun patted her stomach and smiled.

“Arraso.If its because of you,I will do anything”,she beamed and pecked his cheeks.The BAP boys secretly gagged and Yongguk even made a ‘vomit’ gesture.

They finished their lunch and had some light chats while the boys played around.Suddenly,a girl came to their table with a flustered expression.Jongup and Zelo stopped hitting each other,Youngjae stopped annoying Yongguk while Himchan took his headsets down.

Ji Eun and Daehyun stopped talking and looked at the girl.She eyed each of them and gulped.Her hands gripped on tightly on the paper,or rather letter that was in her palms.”She is not going to confess isn’t it?”,Youngjae whispered to Jongup who was sitting beside him.”I don’t know.If she does,I hope its for me.She is quite pretty”,Himchan who overheard them,playfully said.

She then took a step forward and looked at Himchan.Himchan looked at her with anticipation.*She is really going to confess to me?*,Himchan grinned. Unfortunately,she looked away from Himchan and looked at the boy who was beside him,Daehyun.

Her eyes softened immediately when she saw Daehyun and her grip on the letter in her palms,tightened.Ji Eun puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms together.*I don’t like how she looked at my oppa.What is she trying to do?!*.

She took a deep breath and said”,Daehyun oppa,my name is Soomi.I know you have already engaged to  Ji Eun unni,but I like you!Can you please go out with me?!”.Soomi’s cheeks were now red and she lowered her head as she held out the letter to  Daehyun.

The BAP boys were beyond shocked and Zelo’s mouth were wide opened.Daehyun was about to reject her politely but what happen next was unexpected.

Ji Eun stood up from her seat and walked towards Soomi with her arms crossed.She raised her palm high before landing it on Soomi’s cheeks,hard.*SLAP*,the sound of her palm and Soomi’s cheeks came contact were heard loudly by everyone in the cafeteria and the students stopped chattering.Their attention were now on Ji Eun and Soomi.

Soomi let out a gasp and looked at Ji Eun,her eyes were already breaming in tears.Ji Eun snickered and rolled her eyes.Daehyun went over to stop her but Ji Eun pushed his hands away.”You .Look at yourself.What are you thinking in that bird brain of yours?To confess to someone who had someone in their life already,moreover,engaged?”,she smirked.

“Look here”,Ji Eun grabbed her chin and forced her to look at her.Soomi’s cheeks were now red in pain and a single tear rolled down from her eye.She just wanted to let Daehyun know that she like him all this while.She never expected a ‘yes’ from him but she never knew,Ji Eun would do this to her,to humiliate her in front of everyone.

“Even though I am not engaged with Daehyun oppa,do you think you even have a chance to be with him?Please,whats your name again?Soomi?Why don’t name yourself Stupid?”,she mocked.The students in the cafeteria erupted into laughter.

“Ji Eun,its enough”,Daehyun warned but Ji Eun ignored him.No one,she meant,nothing can take her Daehyun oppa away.”I always hated poor people or someone who had lower status than me,but now,I had to add one in my list.I hated people who aren’t pretty and people who thinks they had a chance with MY Daehyun oppa”,she emphasized on the ‘my’ word before releasing her hands away from her chin harshly.

“I have to sterilize my hand later”,she muttered in disgust.Soomi took a last glance at Daehyun before running out from the cafeteria.The  students who saw her threw her spiteful insults.

Zelo looked at her running back with a sad expression.”I pity her”,he blurted.”Lee Ji Eun,you are a .Seriously”,Yongguk stood up and walked away.

Ji Eun ignored them completely and sat back down on her seat.She flipped her hair and smirked in victory.Daehyun was speechless.He couldn’t ran after Soomi nor he could scold Ji Eun.He just sat back down on his seat and sighed.

 

-End-

Comments.:D