Hesitation brings nothing

Although You Didn't Know

“Omo!!!My babiessss!!!!”,Himchan dramatically ran towards the three boys who were stunned to see the rest of the BAP boys as well.”I thought I could die for not seeing daddy for hours”,Himchan enveloped Yongguk in a hug.”Let me go and stop being so comical in front of everyone!!”,Yongguk violently pushed him away.

“It hurts”,Himchan touched his chest,whimpering.”Okay”,he suddenly cleared his throat and a serious expression took over his previous sissy ones.”I am back to my normal self”,he smiled as he straightened his shirt.

“You really sure that’s your normal self?”,Youngjae suspiciously looked at him.”Shut up,brainy”,Himchan rolled his eyes before shifting his gaze to look at the others who were standing behind the boys.”How come hyung is here too?”,Daehyun asked as he looked around his surrounding in awe.

“The kids that were supposed to be with us told us they wanted to come here after seeing some pictures their friend have in the orphanage,so viola,we are here”,Jongup appeared behind Himchan before giving Youngjae a high fived.”Jun!!”,a voice suddenly exclaimed.

Jun stopped jumping excitedly in circles with Mei Lin and turned to the voice.”Minji!Jaejun!”,he brightened when he saw the familiar faces of his friends.The two other kids ran to them and soon the four of them were jumping together hands in hands.”They are so cute,right?”,Woohyun chuckled as he watched the happy kids with a warm smile.Ji Eun found herself smiling too when she turned to watch him.

“Where is your other teammates?”,Yongguk tried to look around to search for their maknae and the others.”Zelo!!!”,Jongup waved towards the three small,tiny figures that were quite faraway from them.Zelo squinted his eyes to have a better look before his expression brightened.Seconds later,he was running towards them with the other two unrecognizable figure behind him.

“Hyungs!!!”,the maknae chirped happily.”Hey,Junhong”,Yongguk smiled as he slung an arm around his favourite maknae.”Hey!It’s Daehyun oppa!”,a girly voice made Ji Eun spun around to see who it was.Her eyes widened and a surprise gasp escaped her lips.”Oh my god.It’s Kim Soomi”.Soomi was the girl she humiliated before she broke up with Daehyun because she confessed to him.(Refer chapter 5 if you forgot)

Daehyun turned to look at Soomi and he suddenly grew conscious.He clearly remembered how Ji Eun humiliated the girl and he can’t help himself cringing whenever he thought of the fresh memory.”Soomi and Yuni are in our group along with Minji and Jaejun”,Himchan explained.

“Daehyun oppa..”,Soomi shyly greeted him.Daehyun nodded in acknowledgement of her being there.”Awkward”,Youngjae coughed fakely.Woohyun glanced worriedly at Ji Eun.He knew what happened between them and encountering her in this situation clearly made things worst.

“Soo…I guess we are playing together?The kids look inseparable already”,Himchan cooed.The kids ran towards the stream that was beneath the waterfall after changing into their proper attire.The BAP boys and the girls joined them later and they were all having fun splashing and swimming in the cool,refreshing stream.

Ji Eun couldn’t get herself to join the fun no matter how she wanted too.She sat beside a big rock and dipped her legs into the water as she watched the rest of them played happily.”Why are you not playing with them?”,a voice asked as he sat down beside her.She knew it was Woohyun instantly.But she didn’t expect him to be topless and what she didn’t expect most was her checking him out.

Hidden beneath his school uniform was his perfectly toned abs and his muscular arms.She didn’t even know he had that in him and that definitely surprised and impressed her.She didn’t realise she was staring at his abs rather too long before she turned her face away,blush appearing on both her cheeks.Luckily,Woohyun was dense enough not to notice that.

“Why do you even care?”,she replied in a funny tone.*My gosh,you are embarrassing youself,Lee Ji Eun!How could you be affected by that kind of body you have seen thousandth times before?*,she mentally scolded her new self.Suddenly,she felt her a small part of her shirt grew wet.”Because I wanted to do this”,Woohyun laughed with a water gun in his arm.

“You didn’t just shoot me with that,right?”,Ji Eun gasped.Then,another spurt of water hit her face.Ji Eun had her eyes shut as she tried to recall what had happened.Nam Woohyun had just shoot her again with the water gun and this time,he shoot it directly on her precious face.If it was her old self,she would have burst out in anger and started to scold him,but she didn’t.Instead,a playful smile crept on her lips and she knew she was having fun.

“You are going to get from me!!!”,she stood up from her seat,laughing and started chasing Woohyun who was already running down the rocky pathway.She never let herself so freely before after what happened after her father’s death and of course,she had never had so much fun after that.

She finally caught Woohyun who purposely ran slowly to get caught by her.Woohyun dropped to the floor,laughing as he continued shooting her.Ji Eun sat on top of him and started splashing him water with the pail she found on the way chasing him.

Their squeals and laughter caught the others attention and everyone stopped to watch them.The kids were having fun as they watched them but the BAP boys weren’t thinking the same,especially Daehyun.The rest of the BAP boys turned to look at Daehyun with worried expression.The Daehyun that was having fun earlier turned numb and still as he watched Ji Eun having fun splashing Woohyun water as she sat on him to keep him from escaping.

Rather than jealousy,anger and revenge took Daehyun as he strolled over Soomi’s side.Soomi blinked when Daehyun suddenly approached her.When he made sure Ji Eun had stopped and was looking at their direction,he pulled her into his arms and crashed their bodies together into an intimate hug.

--

 *They didn’t just hug,they didn’t just hug*,Ji Eun had to repeat the sentence again and again as she dried her hair with a towel.Just when she was about to get off from Woohyun and laughed at him for losing to her,she just had to spun her head around towards Daehyun’s direction.She watched Daehyun who was moving towards Soomi and her curiosity kept her gaze fixed on him.The moment Daehyun had Soomi in his arms,Ji Eun felt her heart shattered like a fragile glass.

After seeing Ji Eun in her abnormally quiet and stunned state,Woohyun had offered to get her a cup of hot drink from a store they saw halfway to the waterfall.Ji Eun sat alone by the stream again while the BAP boys sat somewhere behind her.Jun and Mei Lin came to her later and they realised she was devastated too.

“Nonna…are you okay?”,Jun nudged her shoulder lightly.”Yes!I am!”,Ji Eun tried to smile but there was already tears at the corner of her eyes.”Unni,are you crying?Do you not like it here?”,Mei Lin asked as she thought Ji Eun was forced to follow them to there.

“No,it’s okay,Jun and Mei Lin.I am okay!Let’s bring both of you to change into warmer clothes,ok?”,Ji  Eun wiped the tears away with the back of her hand and tried to stand up.Because she was still wet from her head to her toes,she was having a very hard time getting up due to the rocky ground that had became slippery.

Tears were still forming in her eyes and she tried to stop before she could be seen by the others as she stood up from her seat.Her carelessness made her slipped and she immediately submerged into the water with a hard fall.”Nonna!””Unni!”.Ji Eun twisted her ankle when she fell and she couldn’t use her leg to keep her from floating in the quite deep water level.

“What happened?”,Youngjae turned away from their conversation to see what’s wrong.”Nonna fell into the water!!!She-she”,Jun couldn’t continue as tears started to flood his cheeks.He didn’t want to feel the feeling of losing someone again.

Daehyun immediately stood up from his seat as he rushed towards that direction.When he saw Ji Eun down in the water,submerging and resubmerged to get a catch of breath,his heart told him  to jump down right at that moment to save her.But,his body wasn’t reacting.

When Ji Eun still had some consciousness left in her in the process of going back up and down in the water,she swore she saw Daehyun standing right in front of her on the ground,staring at her but not saving her.Her leg and lungs weren’t the only thing that was hurting her the most at that moment but her heart.*He hated me so much even though when I am dying,he didn’t want to save me?*.

The last thing she heard and saw were the voice of that boy she had once despised.The boy she had looked down on his poor status.The boy that she had insulted yet he was the only one that stay when she was left nothing.”Ji Eun-ahhh!!!!”,the boy already had himself in the water as he swum towards her.She felt him wrapping his arms around her and her eyes slightly opened to look at him before everything around her out.”Woohyun”,her lips spelled the boy’s name.

 

-END-

Ohhohohohohh