Cried

Although You Didn't Know

 

“Let’s break up”,Daehyun muttered with his expressionless eyes fixating on Ji Eun’s face.

Ji Eun blinked at him for a moment and faked out a laugh.”Oppa,don’t joke about this.Its not funny”,she giggled and wrapped her arms around his.Daehyun silently took a deep breath and tried his best not to shiver before pulling her arms away from his.”I am tired of everything that happen recently.Mostly,I am tired of you”.

“What’s wrong,oppa?You are just joking,right?”,she felt her tears threatening to fall already.She tried her best to smile but there was thousands of question going through her mind that moment.She was confused or rather,bewildered by why suddenly Daehyun would ask for break up when he just treated her the same way in the morning.

She tried searching for a sign of Daehyun bursting out in laughter,or maybe trying to hide his smile,but his face remained cold with his blank eyes piercing right into her.”I will announce the cut off of our engagement as soon as possible and starting from right this moment,we have no relation towards each other anymore.Bye”,Daehyun blurted anything he wanted to say as soon as possible and turned himself away from her before she could see the tears in his eyes.

“Oppa!Wait!”,Ji Eun grabbed his arms before he could get any farer away from her.”What’s the reason of this,oppa?This isn’t true right?You are just playing a joke on me right?Did I do anything that offended you?If it is,I am sorry,please.Dont treat me this way..not you too”,she started to sob.

Daehyun took a deep breath when he heard her saying ‘not you too’.He really wanted to just pull her into his arms and apologized for his silliness,but he knew he can’t.

Right after he entered his house after school that day,his father had practically gone on his knees and begged him to break his relation with Ji Eun.What Mr.Lee had did had ruined all his good names in the business industry and having the Jung family being related to the Lee family,it had somehow affected them badly too.

Mr.Jung business slumped when the news of Mr.Lee’s doing was released and his shares dropped to the point where none of his partners were willing to help for they didn’t want to be affected too.Mr Jung really couldn’t afford to lose all those things he had worked for the past few years and the only thing that came to his mind was asking his own son to break off this engagement.

Of course,Daehyun didn’t agree at first.He suggested all sort of ways he had in his mind to help his father but none of the idea seems to convince his father.When his father begged on his knees with tears and pleading coming out from him,Daehyun gave up.

And he couldn’t just tell Ji Eun that he need to break the engagement off because of this.He,being the only son,should at least tried to maintain his family’s reputation.So,he decided,breaking her heart and making her lose all the hope on him was the only way to let her give up.

“Oppa”,Daehyun snapped out from his thoughts when he heard those teary calls from her.Daehyun finally managed to grab all his courage and roughly pulled her arms away from his again,making her dropped to the ground in the process.

“I was actually trying to make this simple by ending it without a reason.But you are so persistent you know?You want a reason?I will give you one.I am sick and tired of your arrogant and dirty attitude.I always had this foolish thoughts that everything is okay as long as I love you and you love me.But,I realised something after your father’s death.Love can’t get both of us going forever.You no longer the rich Lee Ji Eun and the one that can bring benefits to me.You,being the ‘you’ now,will just bring me troubles.Is this enough for the reason you want?”,Daehyun gave her a look and walked away.

Ji Eun cupped both her ears shut and kept shaking her head as those hurtful words that Daehyun said replayed in her mind over and over again.Who could blame her though?The last person she thought would leave her,was Jung Daehyun himself.

--

“He-y,your knees are still bleeding!”,Woohyun kept repeating as he tried to run after her.

When Ji Eun realised it was Woohyun,she felt herself grew ashamed.She had been humiliating him ever since she knew him and letting him to see her in this her despair look,she would had rather die.

She tried her best to run away from him even though her knees were hurting.Woohyun,on the other side,kept following her because he was worried when he saw her wound.And he grew even more worried when she heard herself saying that Daehyun left her.

“You really need to clean that wound.It would be bad if its infected”,Woohyun convinced.Ji Eun kept silent and continued walking without a word.She winced when she felt a stung of pain on her knee when the wound came contact with the wind.

Woohyun grew more and more frustrated when he saw her walking limply.”Could you please don’t show your ‘missy’ attitude and just accept my help?”,he blurted.

Ji Eun stopped when she heard what he had said.*Missy attitude?*,she thought and Daehyun’s words started to flash in her mind again.’I am sick and tired of your arrogant and dirty attitude’.Tears started to stream in her eyes again and she tried to hold back in,at least not in front of Woohyun.
 

“Yes,I have a ‘missy’ attitude,so why don’t you just go away and leave me alone?”,she glared at him before continued to walk away.*Stupid Jung Daehyun,stupid stupid stupid!*.

“Yah!”,Woohyun pulled her arms to make her stop walking.Without a warning,Ji Eun turned back and gave Woohyun a hard slap on his cheeks.”Don’t touch me.Go away!”,she screamed and grabbed all her might to run.

Woohyun touched his now red,swollen cheeks and stopped chasing her.Rather than being angry that she slapped him just because he was trying to help,he felt his heart gave out a loud pang of pain.”She…she..cried”,he murmured.Before she ran away from him,Woohyun knew,he definitely saw a strings of tears running out from her eyes before she turned her back away from him.

 

-END-