Winner

Although You Didn't Know

 

Woohyun and Ji Eun came down from the audience seats and helped the Infinite boys with their warm ups.Okay,maybe Ji Eun wasn’t helping.She was just standing there,watching how the boys had started to sweat although the game didn’t even begin yet.

“I tell you,I swear I am going to beat those boys up”,Myungsoo said with his teeth gritted as he stretched his arms out.”Don’t you think its fate that we got to settle the pub thingy here?”,Dongwoo chuckled as he bounced the ball.

“Just take it as a game.Dont put any grudge in it.Forget about what happen in the pub.It wasn’t even something serious”,Woohyun reminded.”That big gums over there just challenged us.Thats definitely something serious”,Myungsoo chortled.Ji Eun almost laughed out a bit too loud at the nickname Myungsoo gave to Yongguk.

“Incoming”,Sungyeol fakely coughed when he saw the BAP boys walking towards them.”Hey,punks”,Yongguk called.”Hey,you guys warmed up?Its better if you do,or you would get beaten by us in a more shameful way”,Sunggyu smiled,his words were strong,in addition of his kind smile.

“I think you and your members should eat up that comment yourselves”,Himchan fought back.”Just go back to your bench and wait for the match to start.Dont pick a fight here”,Sungjong frowned,not liking the sarcastic arguments between them.

“Say,why don’t we make a bet?”,Yongguk suggested.Daehyun pulled his arms but Yongguk shook his away.Ji Eun rolled her eyes at Yongguk’s boldness.*As expected from Bang Yongguk.Always so challenging*.”The winner can request anything from the loser.Deal?”,Yongguk tugged both his hands into his pocket.

The Infinite boys looked at each other,wondering whether they should accept it or not.”Why not?We have definite win”,Myungsoo stepped in front and smirked.Yongguk’s lips curled into an approving smile.*Yes,that’s the way*.”So,we are on?”,Yongguk held out his hands,indicating a handshake as the seal of the deal.Myungsoo eyed his hands and smacked his palm on his as well.”Deal”.

--

“What the ,hyung?What if we lose?How could you make such ridiculous deal?”,Youngjae huffed.”What?Its not like we are losing”,Himchan sided Yongguk immediately.”Stop being such a ,Youngjae.We could win.We are champions for 3 years consecutively.What are we afraid of?They are just some loser who wanted to act like they are cool”,Yongguk gulped down a mouthful of water.

“Dae,say something!”,Youngjae looked at Daehyun.”I have nothing to say”,Daehyun shrugged.Youngjae frowned.Since when the peace lover Daehyun turned into someone without opinions?”Hyungs,stop fighting.Let’s just try our best”,Jongup tried to ease the tense.”Yeah,I agree with Jongup hyung.Let’s get into the court.The match is starting soon”,Zelo continued.

At the same time,the Infinite boys were fussing over Myungsoo’s decision as well.”I cant believe you didn’t discuss with us”,Dongwoo looked at Myungsoo in disbelief.”What?You are the one that said we could settle everything that happen in the pub today!”,Myungsoo fought back.”Yes,I did,but-argh!”,Dongwoo racked his hair,frustrated.

“Let’s just play.He had made the deal.We can’t back out now anyways”,Sunggyu sighed.The referee blowed his whistle as a sign of the game starting soon.”Try your best,guys!I would be supporting here!”,Woohyun waved with a beam.The Infinite boys just waved back nonchalantly.

“I just hope your friends won’t lose in the most shameful ways”,Ji Eun muttered.”What do you mean?”,Woohyun frowned.”The BAP boys won every single match in the past 3 years.What  do you think that your friends could win over them?”,Ji Eun snorted.”We will just see.I don’t believe a person’s win is permanent.And I believe my friends are good like them”,Woohyun answered which unexpectedly made Ji Eun quite impressed with his positive thoughts.

The 1st half started with both teams standing in the middle of the court to determine who would get the first throw.Both Dongwoo and Jongup sat on the waiting bench for their turn since it was a 5 against 5 match.Sungyeol and Zelo,the tall representative from both teams,were choosen to get the first ball for their team.

The referee threw the ball high up and the both of them jumped at the same time to get the ball.Zelo,who was more experienced,easily grabbed the ball and held it firmly in his hands.He eyed his team mates and passed it to Youngjae.Youngjae immediately charged towards their goal.

Hoya chased him and attempted to steal the ball from him but failed when Youngjae passed the ball to Yongguk quickly.Yongguk who saw the opportunity immediately shoot the ball into the net.The ball smoothly entered the net and the crowd cheered loudly.”1-0”,Yongguk gave Myungsoo a mocking look as he ran back for defence.Myungsoo let out a frustrated yell and demanded his team mates to pass him the ball.

The match went on for a while with both teams scoring,with BAP boys leading the score.The first half ended 15 minutes later with BAP scoring 10 points while Infinite scoring only 6 points.

“Why didn’t you block that whatever Dae when he attempted to shoot the 3 pointer!?”,Myungsoo growled.”He was too fast!I didn’t even know he was already there at the first place!”,Sungjong retorted.”Man,we can’t lose.We musn’t”,Myungsoo clamped his palms together and sighed.“Relax,L.We can do it.No worries”,Hoya patted his shoulder.”Let’s try our best in the 2nd half”.

“Aish!If only they block the last ball,they wouldn’t have create such a big gap on their score!”,Woohyun sighed.Ji Eun just kept silent.All of the sudden,she wasn’t feeling too well.Her stomach churned in pain and she felt like there were thousands of needles pocking her insides.Cold sweats ran down her cheeks as she bit her lips to withstand the pain.*Menstrual pain*,she cursed.

The 2nd half continued after 5 minutes of resting with Dongwoo and Jongup replacing Sungjong and Youngjae.Infinite boys scored 2 balls in the beginning of the game as they were powered up with their determination to win.The match went on with both teams scoring after one another.

“1 more minutes!!!”,Yongguk shouted as he ran across the court.Both teams glanced at the scoring board and played even more seriously.The score was now the same,with both teams having the same 15 points.

“HERE!”,Jongup shouted while waving his arms in the air.Zelo threw the ball to him and Jongup suceddeded in catching it.He was already aiming for the net for the last ball when Sungyeol jumped in front of him suddenly.”Not so fast”,Sungyeol panted and raised his arms up so that he couldn’t shoot.

At the same time,Ji Eun was suffering more and more as the time passed by.She clutched onto her shirt and winced softly,afraid of Woohyun hearing.”Ji Eun,did you see that?!”,Woohyun excitedly tapped her arms.When he touched her cold skin,he flinched.He turned to look at her and gasped when he saw her pale face.”Hey,you okay?”,he put the back of his palm on her forehead.”Its okay”,Ji Eun assured.

“But you don’t look like you are”,Woohyun frowned.”Is your stomach hurting?”,he asked when he saw her clutching her stomach.She just nodded and tried her best to look okay.Woohyun didn’t wait any longer.He reached out his hands and massaged her stomach even without her permission.

Ji Eun would have shout at him if she wasn’t in that terrible state.But she had to admit,what he was doing really relieved her pain.His fingers that were moving rhythmically in circles on her stomach was surprisingly comforting and soothing.Instead,she closed her eyes and felt herself relaxing.Woohyun naturally moved closer to her and Ji  Eun’s head fell on his shoulder as she dozed off.

Daehyun who was watching from the court became stunned when he saw the love of his life sleeping on the other man’s shoulder.Ji Eun wasn’t someone who would fall asleep in front of anyone if she doesn’t trust that person.What Daehyun afraid might actually became true.She might fell in love with someone else.

“DAEHYUN!!”,a loud voice woke him up.The ball that were passed by Jongup to him dropped to the ground as he missed the catch.”WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!”,Yongguk hissed.Daehyun reached out to grab the ball but it was too late.Myungsoo appeared from the side and snatched the ball away.

Myungsoo passed the ball to Sunggyu who was near to the net.Sunggyu took the opportunity to shoot the ball since the BAP boys were still running towards him.There weren’t anyone there to defense at all.The ball went into the net and the referee whistled.The match was over.

 

“16-15!!!!!!!!”,the Infinite boys cheered as they high fived each other.”What were you thinking,Jung Daehyun!!!”,Yongguk pushed his shoulder.Daehyun kept silent.”Hey,easy,hyung.Its just a game”,Youngjae protectively held Yongguk back.”We could have win that match,if it wasn’t for you!”,Yongguk jabbed his fingers on his chest and trudged away angrily.

Daehyun looked towards the audience seat and saw how Woohyun had put the earphones into Ji Eun’s ears so that she wouldn’t wake up because of the loud cheers.He lowered his head and slapped his head,frustrated.*What do you actually want,Jung Daehyun!!!*.

 

-END-

The longest chapter ever.Lol.

 

P.S:For my 'Freeze!You are Mine' fic readers,just to inform you that I wouldn't be updating that fic until I finished the sequel for my 'Exo-Ordinary Planet Love'.Sorry and tq for supporting!:)